• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Okay I think bringing energy usage up is a good thing, but I wonder what difference other than
PR this lights out makes; I do think energy usage is a bit down though is some sectors it will
never go down because the effects of up are ignored.. but more on that below,
now,
http://www.guardian....hour-from-space
I like this idea of covering the Earth Hour from space, though what will the camera see?
the absence of light in some spots as the Eiffel and the Opera House and others are dim,
well dimmer, it looks like on things turned out some lights stay on, maybe security lights,
see in the 2011 photos,

> Earth Hour is tonight, so in some places has begun already, it's a rolling 8.30pm one hour
out thing, so it's 8.30 in each local area

see 2011 photos,
http://www.guardian....e-change-energy

but I do think that most energy usage is in industrial, corp and infrastructure plants
and buildings, air conditioning in summer, heat in winter, and transportation,
not in some icon buildings lights

> oh hey, you add items I missed in that list eh
;)

.. and so lights in some signal brand things is mainly 'to shine a spotlight upon'
(and then security lights running on battery for one hour so hey it won't be too dangerous)
We do must look out for liability at all times, it remains a priority in our priority list
no matter what?

but it's still interesting, you will see photos showing the absence of an iconic building
in the light makup of the surface for one hour,
eeeehhhhnnnn Okay, so it's something

and, the Singapore central business, and the Jakarta square, look cool that way
(less lights, less heat, cool, oh..... )

:harper:

' The Dutch astronaut André Kuipers, who this week oversaw the trickier task of receiving supplies from one of Europe's unmanned spacecraft, will share photos of Earth and live commentary as landmarks from the Eiffel Tower to the Sydney Opera House switch off their lights. WWF, the event's organisers, say this year will see record participation, with 5,411 cities and towns, and 147 countries ..'

'Green MEPs said that for Earth Hour they were pledging to fight for measures to cut energy use in Europe. This year, Libya will take part as Mohammad Nattah, 19, has decided to organised Earth Hour in Tripoli '
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

before and after pics,
http://www.dailymail...ate-change.html

;)
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users