• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

#1 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

This game is R-Rated. If you are under eighteen and reading this thread please press your back button now.

Timejump: One week later.

Timestamp: 10:13

A week had passed since the attack on Cath and her crew planetside on the Caspian homeworld the night after Meng had formally been acknowledged as the Alpha of the Pride. The next couple of days they'd spent introducing Athena as their new Matriarch and informing Archduke Charlemagne about his half-sister's marriage. Then a few more days finally cleaning up the last remaining traces of Guan and Howe's plot. Without them whatever plans they'd hatched quickly dried up and allies they'd worked with were quickly turned in by more innocent parties scrambling to prove loyalty to the new Pride leaders. It had also been a time of great change as Meng had implemented a host of new plans, laws and initiatives to reward his allies and free the human slaves-offering them a free trip out of Caspian territory or paid versions of the jobs they'd done as slaves. It also included a wider variety of careers for female Nietzscheans other than wife and mother. Meng had also signed the Commonwealth Charter as he'd promised Catherine. It was the first group to sign up to it but it brought seventeen worlds to the Commonwealth in the form of Caspian territory.

Charlemagne had wasted little time contacting Meng and Athena offering his congratulations and displaying a willingness to talk about allying the Sabra-Jaguar and the Caspian Prides. But with things nearly settled between the Caspian and the Path of Dawn soon the ship would be leaving orbit in order to continue mission to sign up new worlds...

Catherine was glad to be back aboard the Path and leaving Caspian territory soon as she sat having a late breakfast with Josh in their quarters. It had been a long week of ceremonies, politics, diplomacy and announcing several times that the new leaders of Caspian Pride had the backing of the joint most powerful warship in the known worlds and that signing up to the Commonwealth Charter was a good thing. Her crew was back aboard, except for Athena and Meng and enjoying the morning-and potentially the entire day off depending on various circumstances. The biggest of which is whether Athena and Meng would remain as crewmembers aboard the Path or whether they would remain on the homeworld to oversee the widescale and vast changes that they wanted to bring about to their Pride. Not to mention the alliance with the Sabra-Jaguars. They weren't due to give an answer until after luch which gave Cath and Josh a few hours at least to relax and plan their next destination. "Its nice to take a breather." She remarked to him between bites of breakfast.

Edited by Mikoto, 19 April 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#2 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Daze, as usual, was in the infirmary. He'd had his own breakfast a while ago and was now going through his daily routine of doing checkups of some of the crew and reading the latest medical journals and reviews so that he was up to date on the latest medical breakthroughs and cutting-edge treatment techniques for the mortals under his command. Difficult times were coming for this crew and if nothing else they would need a doctor that was at his best. It helped of course that he had been a doctor for nearly a thousand years for many different species. But still... it never hurt to be prepared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn was assisting the engineering team locate a persistent but minor fluctuation in one of her sublight engines that had been annoying her ship-self for the last day and a half. So right now she was crawling all over the engines patiently listening to Path in her mind as they homed in on the fluctuation.

#3 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Josh was enjoying some rare alone time with Catherine after about a week  of announcements, ceremonies and clearing out the last of the  conspirators. She and he had been chatting about where they would go  next and what they would do, there were a lot of worlds out there to  convince to sign the charter, he was just glad Meng had kept his word  and signed it as soon as he was recognized as Alpha. "Yeah, I was  getting sick of all the formalities, but in the end it was worth it." He sat back, just enjoying not having to get up and do anything unless he wanted to.

Kaytee was also crawling around in the engines, looking for whatever it was that was bothering Path. If they were going to be going to unknown places then she didn't want any anomalies in any of the engines. It helped that she was smaller than the ship's avatar and could get into smaller places as they searched for what was bothering the Heavy Cruiser. "So, am I hot, warm or cold in relation to whatever is bothering you?" She asked.

Meng was enjoying a lie-in with Athena this day and he fully intended to stay where he was unless an emergency forced him up. He'd found out that he was going to be a father when Athena went through the regulatory genetic testing to prove she was going to be a worthy Matriarch. Technically she hadn't had to go through them, but she had in order to prove she wasn't hiding any genetic flaws. When he found out about the baby, it had floored him at first, and then he'd been smug since the immediate pregnancy proved how fertile both of them were. He pulled Athena over for a snuggle and made himself comfortable, smiling. "So, nothing of universe-shattering proportions better happen today, cause I'm not moving anytime soon."

#4 animagus_kitty

animagus_kitty
  • Islander
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Miranda sat cross-legged on her bed in her quarters with her eyes closed. She was mentally exploring the ship's computers, hiding her mental signature from the AI. It was the first time she'd been on a Commonwealth ship since...well, since. She was quickly realizing that along with her decreased functionality, came a decreased mental punching power. She could still order a freighter about without touching the controls, but she'd be lucky to manage a privacy mode override without a console in front of her. She'd disabled the recoders in her room the moment she walked in, and could speak freely if she wished.
Removing her consciousness from the computer, she tossed her pillow at the wall in disgust. She hated being underpowered, and she wasn't sure she could book passage back home without pulling every favor owed her in the last five hundred years. Fortunately, this ship was programmed essentially the same as the last Glorious Heritage class she was on. She could already feel, after only a week, the increased mental acuity that came from familiarity with and proximity to a powerful computer.

Edited by animagus_kitty, 19 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#5 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

"It had better not. We've more than earned a day off." Athena agreed as she readjusted her position to make herself comfortable as Meng pulled her close for a cuddle. She had been somewhat surprised to find out during her genetic screening and her medical scans that she was already pregnant but surprise had quickly turned into a mixture of smugness and happiness. It would point to the Pride that the match was good and that they were fertile-not to mention producing an heir or heiress. If Meng was preening as only a male Nietzschean could after learning about impending fatherhood then she had been preening almost as much. Certainly it had given Charlemagne a rare moment of surprise when she had announced that not only was she mated, she was mated to a Pride Alpha after helping him reclaim his rightful place then on top of that was already pregnant. It had altered her priorities though.

While she wasn't going to give up her career-now edited to quietly making unreasonable enemies of her new Pride disappear or die in wildly improbable accidents that in no way could be related back to her, she would have to lay off more dangerous missions and curtail them altogether while in the later stages. She had a pride to help run and a child on the way to raise. "I've been thinking." Athena mused out loud. "It may be more prudent to say and oversee the changes to the Pride and to remain safe enough on the homeworld while providing resources for Captain Rowe's new Commonwealth attempts than riding on the ship with her." She half-smiled. "The good captain has plenty of Nietzscheans on her team and can recruit more people from Terazed if she wished. At least I think it might be best for me to remain here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cath finished her breakfast then lounged back on the sofa in her quarters. "Yes it was definately worth it to get one of the biggest three Nietzschean Prides to sign up to the Charter." She agreed with Josh. "It'll give us a reputation-Nietzscheans are hard to deal with and with them being survival experts people might decide that if the Niets think the commonwealth is good for survival, then it is good for survival and more worlds will sign on." Catherine laughed softly. "Or they might think its the start of a Nietzschean empire with the Commonwealth name and be suspicious." Nevertheless she picked up one of the flexis from a stack of them on the coffee table and activated it so they could both read it. "However the Mentakan people did drop off a message via courier yesterday indicating they could be interested in signing the Charter if we help them deal with some Magog raids on their territory that have been going on recently." Catherine only knew a little bit about the Mentakans based on High Guard intel that other undercover teams had dug up. They were a race of aliens that were at least relatively similar to humans. The pointed ears, facial ridges, green blood and other physiological differences did mark them as alien. But they had been members of the Old Commonwealth and were known for their reasoning ability and democracy. If they were interested then they could be worth checking out, she thought.

#6 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Meng listened as Athena explained her reasoning for wanting to stay behind after Captain Rowe and the Path of Dawn left to continue their mission. All of it made sense. He as new Alpha must remain visible at least until things stabilized again after the upheaval that had already started. Howe, his mate and his two sons who had helped try to usurp his position and assassinate him had quickly been found guilty of all charges and sentenced to death. His remaining son Nathaniel had sworn allegiance to the rightful Alpha, and in return Meng had allowed him to keep one business of his choosing, plus one small home to live in, which he had gratefully accepted. Returning back to the present, Meng turned so he was facing Athena. "I think you're right." He told her. "As new Alpha I need to stay here while the rest of the pride adjusts to the changes and be with you while our child grows. After the birth we can discuss any other plans, perhaps rejoin Captain Rowe from time to time if she has need of us."

Josh shifted a bit closer to Cath as they both read the flexi containing the information on the Mentakens. If they were indeed being plagued by Magog then something needed to be done. The Magog were the scourge of the universe in the way that they both fed and bred, not to mention they were just plain ugly and smelled horrible. "We should at least go check it out." He told Cath. "The Magog at least need to be shut down, we don't need them flooding the galaxy with their spawn."

#7 animagus_kitty

animagus_kitty
  • Islander
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Miranda wondered again what the captain would think of her technopathy. She'd probably feel threatened, wonder why Miranda was here, put up a hack-proof block over all main systems tied to Catherine's access code. If she was Nietzchean, she would have arranged for Miranda to be thrown off the ship in a leaky escape pod. Either that, or declare her genetically superior and give control of the ship to Miranda.
Neither extreme seemed likely, the captain being who she was. Perhaps Daze would know. She got off the bed and walked over to the comm unit, opening a channel to the infirmary. "Daze, darling, your friendly neighborhood Nietzchean would like a word. Would you like to come to my quarters to discuss or shall I come to you?" She hadn't truly needed to walk over, but it was best she get used to her self-imposed limitations before she got too used to her true limits.

Edited by animagus_kitty, 20 April 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#8 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

After Cori had landed them in the Path's secondary hangar bay, Erica stepped off the small transport shuttle she and Cori had borrowed with permission for the past week. On schedule they were returning from a drift where Cori had thought Erica could find the information she was looking for about her pride. The name of which only Cori knew so far.

And Erica had, at least enough to put her mind at rest somewhat that officially no one was still actively searching for the runaway daughter of a high-ranking military officer of Mandau pride. Still there were unsettling issues she had to deal with. She'd been grateful that Cori had been there with her, she loved him all the more for helping her with this despite the danger it put him in.

Turning around Erica giggled. She'd grabbed the large bag of new clothes she'd bought, leaving Cori to retrieve their belongings. She hadn't realized she'd taken so much with her. But they'd also wanted to have a little vacation of sorts, which they had. Erica hadn't had so much fun in ages.

"Sorry, I guess I packed a little too much, huh?" she asked with a not-sorry-at-all grin. "It's good to be back, though. We should "get away" more often." Erica wiggled her eyebrows in mock seduction with a laugh.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 21 April 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#9 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Cori shuffled off the small transport ship under the weight of several bags.

"Sorry, I guess I packed a little too much, huh?" "It's good to be back, though. We should "get away" more often."

"I thought everyone took this much stuff," Cori joked, "and it was just me who was so used to travelling light so I could run faster." He caught the mischievous glint in Erica's eyes and made a mental note to "get away" as often as they possibly could. It had been wonderful to be away from the Path. Not because he wasn't happy here but being not having to jump to every order in his direction was very relaxing. Things were looking better for Erica at least on the surface. They hadn't found any evidence that she was actively being searched for anymore. Not that they would go looking for trouble.

He carried most of Erica's belongings back to her quarters attracting more than a couple of knowing looks from the lancer pilots aboard the Path.

"It's nice to have a normal week since we seem to be on adventures full time at the moment." Cori looked thoughtful, "I'd say it was nice to have nobody telling me what to do from the moment I got up but you had other ideas." he teased.

#10 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Erica laughed as she dumped her purchases on the bed and watched Cori relieve his arms of her load of bags. "Yes, well, when we tell each other what to do...it's fun," she teased back, slipping into his embrace for one last moment of relaxation.

Then Erica sighed. "I guess since Path knows we've returned, Dawn will, too. And our Captain. So it's back to work for us, huh?"

Path had updated them on the positive changes to Meng's homeworld, as well as the signing of the Commonwealth Charter, via the communication systems on the transport so they could listen on the way home. It had done Erica's soul good to hear of a Nietzschean who was trying to be kinder to those usually thought beneath her race. Nothing could be further from the truth, as far as Erica was concerned.

Erica patted Cori's chest and looked up at him. "Well, you have piloting things to check up on, and I should pop into the galley to make sure no one blew anything up or accidentally poisoned anyone. Oh, and our new crew member...Miranda?...we didn't have a chance to hardly say hello. I guess we'll see her around."

#11 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Athena nodded in response to Meng. "I'm more than amenable to offering my assassination, spying and covert operations skills to Captain Rowe during the early stages of the pregnancy so long as it's not too-high risk and after I've recovered once the baby is here." She reflected for a moment. Being a Nietzschean she would recover much quicker than a human female after birth so that gave her certain advantages. "I suppose we'd better get up eventually and inform her. Hmph, this is one of those times I actually miss having a Commonwealth AI I could ask to send the message for me without having to move." Despite that though Athena was in no particular rush to get up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right then. The planet of Menta is our next destination." Catherine decided after listening to Josh's input on the Magog. He was right, they were an evil scourge. She remembered her encounter with them and how she'd been injured and made a face. "We can leave after lunch today. It'll give everyone a few more hours to rest and relax. Erica and Cori should be back by now and by lunchtime Athena and Meng should have finished making their decision whether to say or leave."

Path's hologram appeared next to Kaytee, the size of the projection adjusted for the small space that her engineer was in. "You're close." She informed her. "The fluctuation appears to be two relays over. I will project my hologram next to the appropriate one to guide you." The hologram flickered out of existence and reappeared several metres next to a power relay. A few seconds later Dawn eased her way to the location to assist Kaytee.

Daze walked over to the com unit as it buzzed for his attention and listened to Miranda's request to talk to him. He very much doubted it was a medical related issue given what she was nevertheless he was mildly curious as to what her request would be about. "I'll come to your quarters." He answered mildly after a moment's thought. "I'm on my way." He padded at a steady pace from the infirmary to her quarters then pressed the door chime when he arrived.

#12 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Kaytee eased her way over to the power relay that Path's hologram appeared next to, then she scanned it, looking for the fluctuation that was bothering her. She then started going about retuning the power relay so that it matched the others, though she wasn't sure how it got out of tune in the first place. It wasn't off by much, but she imagined it was like an annoying itch that she couldn't reach and Kaylee really hated those. But if the power relays weren't in perfect alignment that's what would happen and if left alone too long could cause some serious problems eventually.

Meng sat up, clearly reluctant to do so, but once they informed Captain Rowe of their decision, then the rest of the day would be theirs. Then after that it would get busy when he got ready to go visit each of the other sixteen worlds that comprised Caspian territory to make sure that they were complying with his new policies and laws. He did not intend to be an absent Alpha, but once he established trusted overseers for each world he and Athena wouldn't have to visit them as often.

"After lunch it is." Josh said, giving Cath a snuggle. That gave them some more time to go over some other worlds to visit and talk to about signing the charter. He had a feeling that Meng and Athena were going to stay behind, especially after they found out that Athena was already pregnant. Besides, it wouldn't do for the Alpha to disappear after instigating such drastic changes to his pride. He figured they would wait until things stabilized and then offer their services again, which they would probably need on occasion.

#13 animagus_kitty

animagus_kitty
  • Islander
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Miranda frowned at the room as she heard the door chime. Being normal  sucked. She opened with a thought, saying, "Daze. Good to see you. Thanks for coming so quickly." After he walked in, she turned away from him to stare out the window with her hands clasped behind her back. "I'm not used to indecision. I've always been in charge of everything around me, or under the command of those who knew what I was capable of." She paused, turning back to him. "This captain is not aware. In your far-seeing opinion, what are the possible outcomes of telling the captain about my technopathy?" Her own limited fortune-telling abilities (useful only to determine success or failure of a mission, not the specifics) were useless here. "A positive outcome is best, obviously. If not, I will remove the memory of my revelation from the captain. I'll not be outed by a kludge." While it wasn't quite phrased as a threat, her intent was clear. Her priorities, if it came to the wire, were more important to her than Daze's.

Edited by animagus_kitty, 21 April 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#14 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Daze studied Miranda for a few moments with an intent expression as he wondered if he had underestimated the being that he had allowed aboard the Path and to interact with the crew, working with his own telepathy and the particular abilities that came with being a Solar Avatar. Finally he relaxed and the intense expression faded into the polite and mild demeanour he had used since meeting her. "You've overestimated your remaining abilities." He said mildly. "You no longer have the ability to erase or overwrite the memories of mortals anymore. At best you can try to influence their opinion or encourage them to overlook your presence but they have to be either weak willed or unprepared for that to succeed." Daze considered telling her that the Path, as a sentient being, was aware when any of her security systems went offline and had reported it to Catherine but decided against it for the moment.

"But getting back to your original question. She would be curious about it and will likely ask you how you got it. Such as is it cybernetic or did your pride do some genetic engineering to give you the ability." Daze explained. "She may be tolerant if you choose to remain secretive about it. She has a tendancy to allow secrets so long as they don't threaten her crew or her ship." He paused reflexively as he considered the possibilities. "She will regard you as a potential security threat and she'll be concerned about your influence on her ship although a large part of that is that she regards the AI as a person equal to any of her organic crew. The probabilities indicate she may tighen up the computer's security and observe you more closely for a while but she probably won't take direct action unless you do." He stopped then to gauge her response.

#15 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Athena grumbled a little as Meng got up, then she also got up, got dressed, brushed her hair and prepared to start her day. Already she was planning a number of little things they could do together once they'd informed Captain Rowe of their decision. The beach was supposedly nice at this time of year, or they could go for a forest walk or a picnic. Breakfast in bed had been wonderful but it was only the start of the day or so she kept reminding herself. Once they were ready Athena sat down at the communications console with Meng and signalled to the Path that they'd like to speak to Catherine. There was almost a minute's delay before they were patched through to Catherine who was clearly taking the call from a monitor in her own quarters. "Good morning." The human greeted them. "I take it you've decided?" The last sentence clearly ended on a questioning note. Athena smiled and decided to let Meng answer since he'd been on the crew the longest out of the pair of them.

Edited by Mikoto, 21 April 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#16 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

After Meng rose and got dressed, albeit very reluctantly, he brushed his hair back in its usual ponytail before sitting at the communications console with Athena. "Greetings, Captain Rowe." He said politely to her greeting. "Yes, we have made our decision. Unless you have need of our services we will be remaining behind to supervise the transition from the old ways to the new ways. After the child is born we will again be available should you need us. As agreed upon when I signed the charter, should you ever be in need of supplies or a place to shelter you will always be welcome in Caspian territory."

Josh sat with Catherine as she took Meng's communication and it was much as he'd expected. Pregnancy and becoming Alpha had taken precedence over their mission and he understood that. At least the guy had his priorities straight, Josh gave him that too. Still, they had a good crew, but he would miss the big Nietzschean and his mate.

Kaytee finally finished fixing the malfunctioning power relay with Dawn's help. It had been a bit of a bugger, but they'd finally gotten it narrowed down and fixed. "Thanks Dawn." She said, backing up out of the small space and crawling back out of the crawl space. "All better now?" She asked Path. "No more itches?"

#17 animagus_kitty

animagus_kitty
  • Islander
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Miranda turned away from Daze as she examined her own abilities. Damn the man if he wasn't spot on. How could she have missed that? "Say I tell her, and she does decide I'm a security risk. Are you positive that she won't eject me from the ship in a leaky escape pod? I've been through that particular punishment before, and it's not a pleasant way to view your last few physical moments." The captain in question had been much more unforgiving of secrets than this one, however. "I've explained it as a genetic enhancement before, and I could do it again without difficulty." She missed being fully powered. More than that, she missed The Glory of Hecuba, an intergalactic cruise ship for whom she had played the part of AI for almost four hundred years. Nothing she'd found since was as fulfilling as that role had been.

#18 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Catherine nodded, unsurprised at Meng's decision. He had more immediate priorities now with a Pride to run and a pregnant wife to manage. But he'd kept his word and signed the charter plus the resources of the Caspian pride would go a long way in helping restore the Commonwealth. For one if the Path got damaged rather than up the risky of Terazed's discovery with every trip there and back they took they could now come to Caspian pride for shelter and parts for repairs. He and Athena were still valuable as allies even if they weren't on the crew at the moment. "I understand." Cath said truthfully.

"And thank you for the offer. We're bound to get into battles and need a secure place to rest and lick our wounds." They both knew that would happen eventually. "After lunch we're heading to Menta to ask them to sign the Charter. I'll send you data packets keeping you updated of our mission's progress every so often." She smiled slightly. She'd miss having them around. Meng had more than proven himself useful over the years. "Until we meet again, take care of yourselves." She said by way of farewell, waited a moment until he'd said goodbye then ended the communication. Then she turned to Josh. "Well, he has his priorities straight. We'd better ask our superiors if they have any detailed intel on the Mentakans." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze smiled as Miranda asked him whether the Captain would throw her out in a leaky escape pod upon finding out her secrets. "No she wouldn't do something as extreme as that unless you tried to kill her, or her crew or try to blow up her ship or something." He assured her. "If she decides you're a security risk the worst she could decide to do is to contain you until she could drop you off at the nearest available planet or space station. I mean 'contain you' like confining you to quarters, the brig, or sedated in the infirmary depending on the severity of the threat she felt was posed. Something that wouldn't hurt you but would keep you from doing any damage to the ship or crew until she coul drop you off at a suitably civilised place." He shrugged. "But like I said you'd probably actually have to do something direct to prompt that response otherwise she'll just decide you're a potential security risk and improve security and keep tabs on you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn crawled with a bit more care out of the confined space next to the engines after Kaytee as Path responded to her on audio without projecting a hologram. "Yes that's fixed the problem." There was a resounding note of satisfaction in the AI's voice along with a certain amount of relief. "Thank you Kaylee." Dawn smiled as they continued down the crawlspace towards the main engineering deck. It was always better when her ship-self was happy and content.

#19 animagus_kitty

animagus_kitty
  • Islander
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

"Lovely to know. I can rest easy knowing my life isn't in danger," Miranda said with a dry tone. She pressed a button on the flexi on the countertop before her. It flashed a pair of pictures--both of Nietcheans, one honey blond and the other with chocolate brown hair--before stopping on a document detailing a medical procedure. Miranda picked it up, then handed it to Daze. "I think you'll find this record more than satisfactory, should it be necessary. The doctor in question is one of us, and sends out updated medical records to those of us with...flashier abilities, should we need them. The passcode is Hecuba, but the flexi is tied to my consciousness. If it's accessed, I'll know and by who." That was one skill she knew she still had.

#20 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Tommy had spent most of his 'down' time checking over the Path's weapon systems, he knew that he didn't really need to as the ship's avatar would soon pick up any problems but he wanted to be sure that he knew how everything worked and interacted.  The rest of his time he spent working out in the well equipped gym.  He knew his human limitations and the fitter he could keep himself the better.  Daze had of course been very helpful in that respect and Tommy was confident that he wouldn't catch any and every ailment that they came across.

He was on the bridge having had an early lunch, it would be good to be on the move again, he got restless when they spent too long in one place.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users