#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Spoilers

542012_343136529075181_168914433164059_750619_676314415_n.jpg

Henry pleads with Emma to stay in Storybrooke and continue her quest as the savior of the fairytale dwellers, and Regina concocts a plan that could rid her of Emma forever. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale land that was, Snow White enlists the aid of her fellow fairytale cohorts to attack the Evil Queen and save Prince Charming's life.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Consubstantial

Consubstantial

Paradox by Incongruity

• Islander
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

She starts to put the turnover in a carry out container; and I yell, "stupid!  Anyone could eat it, even your kid."  

Seeker says, "Stop it!"  

I say, "Sorry, didn't mean to spoil the end of the episode for you."
:wink:
From the start, our terms jump to conclusions--Kenneth Burke

#3 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

I had the same thought but I KNEW the end result when Mr. Gold said 'magic has a price'.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#4 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Well we've seen the effects of true love's kiss before it was even used to awaken Snow White in the fairy tale world, it'll see who does the deed in the real world to save Henry. And poor August seemed to be saddled with wooden dialogue in this one. ;)
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#5 Consubstantial

Consubstantial

Paradox by Incongruity

• Islander
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostDWF, on 06 May 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

Well we've seen the effects of true love's kiss before it was even used to awaken Snow White in the fairy tale world, it'll see who does the deed in the real world to save Henry. And poor August seemed to be saddled with wooden dialogue in this one. ;)

Quick.  Somebody get that boy a puppy.  

More actual speculation.  With Henry being evil queen's dad and Emma's son, I could see them both kissing him at the same time.  I think they both love him; so either of them might be able to waken him.  Of course, that might also be just too easy.  

I've missed a few episodes.  Has evil queen's actual mom or whoever evil queen's dad's true love is been revealed yet?
From the start, our terms jump to conclusions--Kenneth Burke

#6 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

It was established at the time of the curse, that the evil queen, if she went through with this, would have a hole in her heart she could never repair - that she could never truly love anyone.  Of course, I haven't seen the episode yet, but WEIRD if Henry is Regina's FATHER....

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#7 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

^^^^I think there may be a mix-up here but Henry was the name of Regina's father and she named her adopted son after her father.  So two different Henrys here.

True love's kiss I would be more inclined to say would come from Henry's true love or soulmate if you will...not his moms.  But who knows where they are going with this or if Henry will be awakened this year.

Not sure if this is a new twist but Gold said that if Emma is killed the curse is broken.  Wait...she can break the curse if she stays, if she believes....but her death also breaks the curse? Sounds like Regina is on the losing end no matter what she does to me.  

Regina...clever girl. Or so she thought.  Get rid of Emma's threat/presense by feeding her the poison apple which would not kill her but would trap her in her own body. Gone but not killed, curse intact.

And Gold making plans for a trip...could it be that he knows where his son is?

Edited by Tricia, 07 May 2012 - 10:25 AM.

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostConsubstantial, on 07 May 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

I've missed a few episodes.  Has evil queen's actual mom or whoever evil queen's dad's true love is been revealed yet?

Yes. The mother's name is Cora and she's a witch and a word that rhymes with it to an extent to make evcen Regina look like a sweetheart. When she realizes that Regina wants to marry stable boy Daniel instead of King Leopold, Cora takes his heart and crushes it, as Regina did to Graham.

I think Emma can save Henry more by finally believing in the truth of the book rather than kissing him. It would be like Tinker Bell reviving because all the children believe in fairies.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Cora, Regina's mother was played by Barbara Hershey. She really did a great job creating a despicable character.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#10 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

So all this time, Snow has been telling everyone that Regina hates her because she ruined her life, and yet Snow didn't even know up until now exactly what she did. Was Snow under the impression that Daniel ran off because of what happened with her and her father?

Edited by Raina, 08 May 2012 - 12:17 AM.

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#11 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostRaina, on 08 May 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

So all this time, Snow has been telling everyone that Regina hates her because she ruined her life, and yet Snow didn't even know up until now exactly what she did. Was Snow under the impression that Daniel ran off because of what happened with her and her father?

The fairy tale flashbacks are out of chroniclogical order, it's hard to keep track of when anything happened because of that. :shrug:

#12 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

View PostRaina, on 08 May 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

I'm guessing that is what Regina and/or her mother told everyone. Easier explanation than a young man suddenly dropping dead.  Not sure what explanation was given if any for why Daniel would just leave...wanting Regina to be queen, have more than he could give her maybe?

I'm trying to remember the exact times that Snow said that but I'm pretty sure that the times I do remember when Snow said that about ruining Regina's life came Before the Apple though because everything after Charming gave her true love's kiss  was their happily ever after with the wedding and the baby to come. (of course with the threat of the looming curse hanging over their heads)

No doubt Snow was made privy to Regina's unhappiness that she was not with her true love.  Pretty sure that Snow knew that Regina was not her father's true love since we have seen him say that Snow's mother was...in front of Regina. Since true love's power has been mentioned enough I'd think that even a little girl would think that having lost it and marrying someone who was not your true love was having one's life ruined.

Edited by Tricia, 08 May 2012 - 05:45 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon A Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users