• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Oh coffee....Dani + coffee=OTP, to be honest.  I am exceptionally lucky to live near a market where a man sells fresh ground coffee by the 50g, which allows for a lot of experimentation is what I have! Also lucky to have grown up in a household that respected coffee and insisted that instant was the spawn of satan.  It does change my sleep patterns though (all caffeine does) so lately I've started doing what my parents did for years: I get the man in the market to mix my bean of choice with a good decaf.  I've found that two cups of that in the morning and I'm ready for the day, but still able to sleep at night.  I have to stop all caffeine by 6 pm though, if I want to dream of sleeping.

Rather alarming memories of telling my classmates I could see the future after drinking an entire pot to finish a particularly tricky essay in May.  We may have decided I had more in common with a hummingbird then a person on that day, but the crash in middle of a small seminar lecture was considered a highlight of the year. Still...coffee.:love:

I'm going to get that second cup now :ninja:
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#22 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

I drink Nabob Tradition, exclusively.

I started drinking coffee on a regular basis about 3 years ago.  Before that, I only drank it while visiting at a friends house and sometimes I would have some while dining at a restaurant.

Now, I drink a very large cup full every morning.  I like it very strong.  I have a coffee maker that supposedly holds 4 cups.  The rule (so I have been told) is one scoop of coffee for every 2 cups.  I use 4 scoops to make 3 cups.  Then I add two table spoons of sugar and lots of real whipping cream.  It's a big cup. :lol:

It's almost like a dessert.  It also kills my appetite for about 4 hours.

Yes, it does make my heart race for about 30 minutes after drinking.  It is also the most powerful laxative I have ever used.  So, if I have to go out anywhere before noon, I don't drink coffee that day.

It does not affect my sleep.  

I don't think it gives me a headache but, I live below a person who has a hammering & drilling obsession, so, I always have a headache.

#23 Alissa

Alissa
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Here are really nice and most informative post i am totally agree with you and wants to appreciate you that you have done a great work to share this information here with us. I would like thanks to you for your this kindness. Keep it up. May God bless you.

#24 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

:waves:  Hi, Alissa.

Welcome to Ex Isle. :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users