58 replies to this topic

#21 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 03:46 PM

XxTyrxX, on Sep 10 2003, 12:14 PM, said:

D', I PMd you today.  I wanna play!  Read my pm and you will see what it says.  :)  Basically, I am gonna need help with making the character and picking a mech.  I am willing to pilot basically anything that is needed to round out the group.  I just wannt blow stuff up.  ;) 
It's not all about blowing stuff up. I've watched a lot of Mecha anime, and know that it's tactics, cunning, and sheer will as well. :)

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#22 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 03:50 PM

Ain't that the truth,

and even the RPG was more about roleplaying the lives of mechwarriors than in blowing up the bad guys

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#23 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 04:31 PM

Mercy says the bigger the boom the better... :angel: but then again Mercedes Merrideth Hexx lives large...

Edited by Shalamar, 10 September 2003 - 04:56 PM.

#24 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 09:43 PM

I would like to play, though i have not seen any mech anime and only really played mechwarrior 2.
I don't remember the names of any mechs, i remember i liked the light and fast ones, i would go in and customixe them with extra heatsinks and pulse lazers, and a jump jet in the torso with a small lazer mounted on the cockpit so that even if my legs got blown off i could fly around and complete the mission if i was careful on the jump jets. (actually survived for 15 minutes by tapping the jets, and i beat the mission that way, only the torso section directly below the cockpit and the cockpit itself, jsut that small lazer, and a heatsink, and the jump jet with three heatsinks on it. :eek2: )
Edit- clustering a guass rifle and an ER-PPC is good if you doing long range too...

Edited by bandit, 10 September 2003 - 09:46 PM.

#25 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:09 AM

Don't worry, help is here.. received PMs and sent answers :)

D'

#26 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:18 AM

Online Technical Readout: 3025

Sadly this does not have illustrations (but we can get those for you if you wish)

But this is a listing of the Battlemechs most common to the 3025 era..

D'

#27 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 03:29 PM

Awesome!!! My Crusader is in there!!! :D

Posted Image

#28 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 04:14 AM

So far this is the cast of characters

Lillith  - Played by Godeskian
Mercedes Hexx - Played by Shalamar
Sousuke Tanaka - Played by RommieSG
Yuriko Hazuki - Played by Mikoto
Raymond Prescott - Played by G1223
Archaius Maximus - Played by Bandit

XT, Griffen, and Ilphi if you are still interested in playing then please PM me, as are any others..

D'

#29 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 09:13 PM

yay, i actually got a mech config that worked!
uh, pardon me for asking D' but is there any particular reason the GM does not have a char on that list??

#30 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 09:56 PM

bandit, on Sep 13 2003, 07:13 PM, said:

yay, i actually got a mech config that worked!
uh, pardon me for asking D' but is there any particular reason the GM does not have a char on that list??
Nice catch....

Where's your character, oh benevolent one. :)

Posted Image

#31 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 11:32 PM

rommie -  :o
you are aware you jsut insulted our Evil GM before the game even started?
i see a stray shot in your missle pack's future...

#32 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 01:41 AM

bandit, on Sep 13 2003, 09:32 PM, said:

rommie -  :o
I swear, I have got to stop using big words. While I may know how to spell them, in some instances I don't know their definition.

*Rommie goes off to look up Benevolent......*

Uh.....perhaps I was correct in my wording....

Having a disposition to do good; possessing or manifesting love to mankind, and a desire to promote their prosperity and happiness; disposed to give to good objects; kind; charitable. --

Where did I insult? :eh:

Posted Image

#33 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 02:48 AM

Benevolent?

heh.... :devil:

A Short list of Terms for the Interested Reader and BT New Player.

AC: Short for AutoCannon, ACs are classed by destructive ability, ranging from 40mm to 200mm in size, these weapons are heavy but pack quite a punch. The common AC Classes are 2, 5, 10, and class 20.

Flamer: Though some ground vehicles are equipped with true flamethrowers, the BattleMech Flamer is a plasma weapon, either using fuel charges or plasma taken straight from the Mechs fusion reactor and channeled through an accelerator.  Because the magnetic fields that contain the plasma bolt are short-lived the plasma bolt starts to expand as it leaves the flamer, giving the weapon has a low effective range.  However it's thermal effects are a lethal threat against ground vehicles and infantry.

Heat Sink: Every Mech is powered by a fusion reactor at it's core, as internal temperatures rise during combat the magnetic fields that hold the fusion reaction can become unstable and possibly explode.  To prevent this every fusion reactor has multiple backup systems and an array of cooling processors called heat sinks. which vent the 'Mech's waste heat into the outside air.  Mech activity levels are often adjusted for different environments as well.

more in a minute

#34 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 03:31 AM

Inferno: A modified SRM round carried by infantry troops, and available in the SRM 2 missile system.  These warheads are filled with a gelled inciendiery mixture that splashes on and sticks to any target they hit.  Hideously lethal to infantry and conventional vehicles, Infernos also pose a significant threat to Mechs, as they can drastically raise the Mech's heat levels.

LRM: Long Range Missile: By 3025 missile technology has come full circle, faced with numerous ECM and ECCM systems missiles gradually became 'dumber', fitted with more basic and trustworthy guidance systems and launched in salvoes to overwhelm enemy defensive systems.  The LRM is a ballistic missile system with a light armor-penetrating warhead.  launched in arcing fire patterns, the LRM can be used indirectly against hidden targets.  LRMs suffer from inaccuracy at close ranges due to their launch configuration.

LRMs are rated by how many missiles the launcher fires in one salvoe.  These are the LRM 5, LRM 10, LRM 15, and LRM 20.

MG: Machine Gun:  'Mech machine guns range from .50 calibre to 30mm, and while their shells are generally too small and too weak to cause significant damage to a BattleMech, they can carve a swath through enemy infantry

PPC: or Particle Projection Cannon, the PPC accelerates a stream of atomic paticles, typically electrons, focusing them through a series of magnets to be fired at enemy units.  The PPC is capable of extreme damage through kinetic molecular impact, thermal damage, radiation damage, and electrical overload.  But is also one of the most heat-producing weapons to be found on a Mech.  PPCs suffer problems within 90 meters of the firing mech as the bolt has not yet gained full cohesion within this range band.

SRM: Short Range Missiles are heavier warhead direct-fire missile systems that, hile they do more damage per missile than a LRM system, have a drastically shorter range and fire fewer missiles per salvo.  SRM systems come in 2, 4, and 6 missile salvoe launchers.

D'

#35 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 06:01 AM

Which is why ER(Extended Range)-PPC's are the coolest long range weapons :D

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#36 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 08:43 AM

Actually the thing is at 3025 there are nNo ER weapons. That  comes around in 25 more years. With the use to the Grey Death Legion's Computer Data Core.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#37 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 09:19 AM

True,

and the fact that there is no clan tech means none of the truly cool mech chassis or Omnitech is available

but I can live with that

Defy Gravity!

#38 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 05:32 PM

RommieSG, on Sep 14 2003, 12:41 AM, said:

bandit, on Sep 13 2003, 09:32 PM, said:

rommie -  :o
I swear, I have got to stop using big words. While I may know how to spell them, in some instances I don't know their definition.

*Rommie goes off to look up Benevolent......*

Uh.....perhaps I was correct in my wording....

Having a disposition to do good; possessing or manifesting love to mankind, and a desire to promote their prosperity and happiness; disposed to give to good objects; kind; charitable. --

Where did I insult? :eh:

a good GM is never benevolent. now if you want to pay a GM a compliment, try Sadistic

#39 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 05:35 PM

Hey, as a GM I resent that!...I am very benevolent....in my own sweetly tryanical way...

:p  :angel:  :devil:
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#40 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 06:52 PM

oh is that what it's called? it seems to me that "sadistically homicidal" fits you just as well...  :p

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users