• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#61 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostMikoto, on 22 July 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

:lol: Nikki how did you read my mind all the way across the ocean?
Because we've been RPing together for how long now...? :D (Edited to add: Also what Chatty said ;))

Having said that though even if the canon characters don't prolong their life they'll likely have kids. Ahh perhaps one day the idea of an RP where we all actually play as our characters' children might catch some interest...
I know...I just can't think of which characters I'd find that most interesting since I like them all and I like the current games, plus I haven't thought about what any of their kids would be like.

Not to change the subject of this discussion thread, but I can see Tialyn and Reece with dragon rider kids now, it could be a mixture of dragonriders and the supernatural (which is where you are headed, I would imagine)...if Balth didn't object :wink:, Erica and Cori could have some, which would be an interesting mix of Inari and Nietzschean, but what they'd be like I don't know yet...as for Tok'ra kids, I suppose the hosts could have kids and be automatic hosts for other Tok'ra when they were older, plus the Stargate program would be an interesting thing in the future.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 22 July 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#62 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

I played my character's son in a Trek rpg.  Dad was an engineer on the Enterprise and son was a pilot on a ship called Vanguard
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#63 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'm thinking about it.

The challenge is what to do/what arcs to have in the future? SH is an old game by now. Its like shows that have too many seasons. Good arcs become harder and harder to find. I'd have to think of/find some really compelling new enemies in the future.

Same for PoD although with a whole universe of alien races it's somewhat easier.

And again for SG-2. I'd personally favour this one for a Next Generation because Earth's presence is far less established and with them allying with a custom-made cousin race of the Asgard. (A thing for a later arc.) It means the universe is infinately less safe and less law-restricted.
Rejected and gone.

#64 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

I could do kids of Stargate/Stargate Jr ;)...it would be fun to figure out who Addi/Takari had kids with and did they take Tok'ra symbiotes if Egeria lived and created new Tok'ra. Or would Tok'ra be around? We could even hint to things in the future, or state them outright...then have those things in the future RP. That might be confusing and fun!!

#65 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Egeria lives, but her ordeal leaves her much less able to produce offspring (Not hundred and hundreds anymore).

I wouldn't mind a TNG with this RP, but since this one is in its infancy it'll be awhile before we can think of starting it.

As for hints of future things, that can be done ;)

#66 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Its definately worth some serious consideration, I'll give you that.

Between you, me, Chatty we can run one. Even if the Milky Way is comfortably sorted out there's Pegasus, Ida, Andromeda and a whole bunch of other galaxies out there. Hmm. Perhaps a fragile new colony world in some unknown, untested galaxy..... *Ponders.*

Edited by Mikoto, 23 July 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#67 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I don't think I've mentioned this before at EI, but my father has been very sick for a while now.  About three weeks ago, he was hospitalized for a lung infection and he's declined rapidly.  It's just about over at this point.  Hospice will come in tomorrow for an assessment, but it's just a matter of keeping him as comfortable as possible now.  I'm not sure what will happen now or how long he has left.  I may not be able to keep up with the stories here for the near future.  I will if I can, but I just want you guys to be aware.  If you need my characters for anything, just go ahead and use them. I'll keep you updated as best I can.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#68 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

{{{{{{{{RJ}}}}}}}}}}}}} :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear that! Real life always comes first, so you do what you need and we'll be here whenever you can stop in.

#69 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

So sorry to hear your sad news RJ.  I don't pray as I have no religion but I do send all my good thoughts and vibes to you and your family.  I have been in that sort of situation twice and it is the hardest thing you ever have to do.

#70 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm sorry to hear about that RJ. Real life comes first. You have my best wishes.
Rejected and gone.

#71 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

:hugs: RJ :hugs:

I'll keep your father in my prayers.

#72 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostNikki Peppermint, on 28 July 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

{{{{{{{{RJ}}}}}}}}}}}}} :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear that! Real life always comes first, so you do what you need and we'll be here whenever you can stop in.

View PostBrit, on 28 July 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

So sorry to hear your sad news RJ.  I don't pray as I have no religion but I do send all my good thoughts and vibes to you and your family.  I have been in that sort of situation twice and it is the hardest thing you ever have to do.

View PostMikoto, on 28 July 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm sorry to hear about that RJ. Real life comes first. You have my best wishes.

View PostEChatty, on 28 July 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

:hugs: RJ :hugs:

I'll keep your father in my prayers.
Thank you very much, Nikki, Brit, Miko and Chatty.  I appreciate your kindness and good thoughts. They told us today that Hospice won't be coming until Monday, so it's not as imminent as it sounded last night. But I can't believe it will be more than a few days. They have stopped his dialysis and possibly the antibiotics.  Right now he is only on oxygen and he is being given morphine for the discomfort.  Hopefully, Hospice will be able to make him more comfortable so that he can pass away quietly and peacefully.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#73 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Well, it ended up happening more quickly than I expected. He died about 1:30 in the afternoon.  My family, including my niece and nephew, and most of my aunts and uncles, were there at the hospital and then most of us spent the evening at my mother's house.  Today, my mother and sister and I took care of a bunch of stuff at the funeral home and then spent the afternoon and evening with one of my brothers taking care of other arrangements.  Then my aunt and uncle came over with food and we spent the evening with my mother.

At this point it looks like the wake will be on Friday and the funeral on Saturday.  I learned that, since he is being cremated, the actual burial will take place in about two weeks.

#74 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

*hugs* RJ

#75 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Thanks, Balthamos.  I appreciate that. :)

#76 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Oh, RJ, I'm so sorry to hear that! {{{{{RJ}}}}} At least your dad didn't suffer too long, though. My thoughts to you and your family, truly.

#77 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm sorry for your loss RJ. {{{{{{{{{RJ}}}}}}}}}}}
Rejected and gone.

#78 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{RJ}}}}}}}}}}

I'm glad he didn't linger like my mom did, that was tough.

#79 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostNikki Peppermint, on 01 August 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Oh, RJ, I'm so sorry to hear that! {{{{{RJ}}}}} At least your dad didn't suffer too long, though. My thoughts to you and your family, truly.

View PostMikoto, on 02 August 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I'm sorry for your loss RJ. {{{{{{{{{RJ}}}}}}}}}}}

View PostEChatty, on 02 August 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

{{{{{{{{{{{RJ}}}}}}}}}}

I'm glad he didn't linger like my mom did, that was tough.
Thanks, everyone, I appreciate that.  :hugs:

Chatty, I'm sorry about your mother.  My grandmother, my father's mother, lingered for about a year, getting sicker and sicker until she died. I'm glad that didn't happen.

The wake and funeral are definitely tomorrow and Saturday, so you probably won't see me again until late Saturday night at the earliest.  More likely Sunday.  Do whatever you need to with my characters in the meantime.  :nod:

#80 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

You know RJ, and my other loyal players........

The Kilairi are genderless and any hybrids will be produced artificially, but if you want your character to fornicate with an alien you have but to ask. :angelnot:
Rejected and gone.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users