Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostAnakam, on 24 July 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 24 July 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

View PostAnakam, on 24 July 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

edit: I've had this icon for ages and ages, but I believe that it's stored in a gallery somewhere.  Also, it's animated, and has been for years, until today (or I guess since the last time I logged in and posted).  I suppose it could be worse and it could be grabbing the frame with someone's finger on a keyboard, which would confuse all but about three people, but are animated icons illegal with this version of the board?
Your avatar is still animated on your profile page.  :shrug:
You're right, it is.  I hadn't even checked there.  That also confirms something else I'd noticed but just thought was my memory going--the icon displaying for me in threads is 'padded' by several pixels.  Minor issue of course, but quite bizarre!  I suppose that if our icons are displayed with 'last post by' on the main forum page, that animation would cause issues, but the extra black space is just weird.Soooo confused.

Hmm, maybe it's  because the board resized everything down to a smaller size?  We already wanted that reversed, but I bet that's what's messing with the animation!  :oh:

P.S.  Rory!!!  Rory = awesome

:love:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 25 July 2012 - 12:22 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#22 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 25 July 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

View PostAnakam, on 24 July 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 24 July 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

View PostAnakam, on 24 July 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

edit: I've had this icon for ages and ages, but I believe that it's stored in a gallery somewhere.  Also, it's animated, and has been for years, until today (or I guess since the last time I logged in and posted).  I suppose it could be worse and it could be grabbing the frame with someone's finger on a keyboard, which would confuse all but about three people, but are animated icons illegal with this version of the board?
Your avatar is still animated on your profile page.  :shrug:
You're right, it is.  I hadn't even checked there.  That also confirms something else I'd noticed but just thought was my memory going--the icon displaying for me in threads is 'padded' by several pixels.  Minor issue of course, but quite bizarre!  I suppose that if our icons are displayed with 'last post by' on the main forum page, that animation would cause issues, but the extra black space is just weird.Soooo confused.

Hmm, maybe it's  because the board resized everything down to a smaller size?  We already wanted that reversed, but I bet that's what's messing with the animation!  :oh:

I just checked and the animated icon is 64x64, which may well have been the dimension limit at the time Tree made it for me.  So I guess that explains the padding--everything's being forced to 100x100, instead of before where we had several different icon sizes across the board, and so it's taking the existing background at the edges in that frame of the icon to make it the proper size.  I guess then the lack of animation is the system going 'ahhh' at the edge colors in the other frames, or some totally unrelated issue.

P.S.  Rory!!!  Rory = awesome

:D  :D  :D

SFG

He is something, isn't he?  I mean, there was all the getting killed, but then he turned into a real BAMF. :D   I suppose if I'm going to post here again I should haul up the DW review threads... :think:
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#23 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

Messages!  Where are they?   :freakoutnonny:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#24 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

^ Well I found your avatar, but with the resizing it looks weird.  :think:  Instead of making it bigger, some sort of automatic color matching border has been added around it.  :crazy:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 25 July 2012 - 08:56 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#25 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ok, the weirdest thing I see about using the border to size the avatar up, is it keeps that border and shrinks the whole thing to show it smaller in other places, like the "last post by" spot in a list of threads.

That is just weird looking.  *scowl*

SFG

Edit, here's a screencap of what I mean:

this
tiny pics.png

from this:
photo-thumb-920.gif

When it should be this:
orochinagi524.gif

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 25 July 2012 - 11:42 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#26 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

To everyone looking for a missing gallery avatar, or one you have had for many years:

Go to this old test board.

There you can either find your user profile, or browse the whole gallery.  :)

When you find what you want, right click and choose "copy image location" or similar, to get the URL.  You can then paste that here where it asks for a URL to your avatar!  :cool:

SFG

Edit:  Fair warning, any avatar smaller than 100x100 pixels will get a border added around it.

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 27 July 2012 - 11:48 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#27 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostNonny, on 25 July 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

Messages!  Where are they?   :freakoutnonny:

Nonny...Messenger is that envelope thingie/symbol up at the very top ...to the left of your name.

Or you can click on your name and it will have a drop down window ...Personal Messenger is at the bottom of the left column in that drop down window.  Both ways work for me.

BTW --I love threads like this where everyone is trying to help each other.

edited to add....But it;s faster to use the one in the dropdown box...it's the one I have been using.

Edited by Tricia, 25 July 2012 - 01:00 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#28 Anna

Anna

Island Native

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

I didn't know how much I liked it until it was gone, but I really like seeing the second line for thread titles. Please, can we have them back?
Seldom do we regret words we do not speak.

--------------

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

#29 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,107 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Under View New Content it says that standish posted a reply at 3:40pm in the Nittney Lioness suspended thread.

There is nothing showing up.  The last post showing in the thread is one made by Drew at 1:33pm.

#30 Anna

Anna

Island Native

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostM.E., on 25 July 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Under View New Content it says that standish posted a reply at 3:40pm in the Nittney Lioness suspended thread.

There is nothing showing up.  The last post showing in the thread is one made by Drew at 1:33pm.
I thought it was just me. Those notifications have been glitchy for me since the upgrade.
Seldom do we regret words we do not speak.

--------------

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

#31 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

I just saw that ME and I've trying to figure it out.

It's listed on the community index page and in the forum index...but not there and I looked for it a dozen times already.

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#32 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

I was just going to post that, and the Island Central page says the same thing.  

The number of posts listed matches: the forum lists 79 replies and Drew's post is #80.  (Post # includes the original post, reply count does not, so that part is normal.)

Invisible post?

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 25 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#33 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,107 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostAnna, on 25 July 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

View PostM.E., on 25 July 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

I thought it was just me. Those notifications have been glitchy for me since the upgrade.

The really bizzarre thing is that I received email notificatiom of standish's full post.  So that's how I knew it should be there.

#34 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

Orph has been pm'd.

Just plain weird and I thought maybe I was seeing things.

#35 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

No I have the same glitch. I'm reporting it to Orph and Rae.
Rejected and gone.

#36 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

ME, I got that email too.  :crazy:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#37 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Well I've checked Zha'dum and its not been accidentally deleted or invised or anything.
Rejected and gone.

#38 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,107 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostMikoto, on 25 July 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Well I've checked Zha'dum and its not been accidentally deleted or invised or anything.

I have a copy if any one of the staff would like to try to re-post it.

#39 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Oooh, do we have a GL about that? Hmm.

I think I'd better PM standish about it first.
Rejected and gone.

#40 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

It's there now!  It was invisible, but reappeared as soon as another post came after it!

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users