Details in this thread

THE thread for all glitches & questions re: the upgrade

437 replies to this topic

#421 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,620 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Well, it isn't the font, it's trying to access forums or threads and getting a pop-up "Quick Navigation" menu instead.  It hadn't been doing this last week.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#422 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

Did you try the skin changing trick? It worked for DWF, who had the same issue.

If that doesn't work, you may have a crosslinked cache file. Try running scandisk (or equivalent) and *then* trying the skin trick

#423 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,620 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

How do I change the skin?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#424 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

go down to lowest left, 'change theme' hit the one you want like this eye hurting purple thing ;)
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#425 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

well _that_ was really weird; i had that quicknav thing; there i was at library, and they have xp pro with ie 8, and reading the forum, and any click on forum page brings up quicknav box instead of what you want; hit any link on the forum list page like the main general media page, click for a topic, and you dont get that, you get quicknav box; i never sign in, always at library i read as guest with no skin, default only; so did not change skins; did the right click thing, so context menu is only thing active and it's Open choice can work, but if context right click menu is not open it will do quicknav instead of what you want, EVEN if you just hit white space on the forum page just to verify Select of the page; any page; hit anywhere on any page, and only thing happens is quicknav; now _That_ . was. weird.
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#426 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,620 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

^^^ That was what was happening to me!!!

Only by changing the skin, per your instructions, did it stop.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#427 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

This is really getting tiresome for me, I still can't copy a link or copy words either for that matter, I've tried just about everything and this problem still persists. I've tried to work around it but I just can't anymore.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#428 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

^^  You've tried ctrl-C and right click, along with the menu buttons, I assume. Have you tried a different browser?

I just noticed that we have spell check again.  :thumbs-up:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#429 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

I hadn't checked this thread lately so I clicked on the go to first unread button and it took me to page one post one.  I cliched back, saw that, yes, the go to first unread button was indeed highlighted, clicked on it again and it took me to page two post 21.   :shrug:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#430 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Same here!  :oh:  Except before that, I clicked the preview button before clicking on the thread.  Normally it will say how many unread posts there are in a thread, but it didn't, another sign that it thought the whole thing was unread.  :think:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#431 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hmmm. Works fine for me. I clicked it and it took me straight to Nonny's above post.

Perhaps it's a browser issue? I'm using Google Chrome.

#432 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

You should expect the orange icon to take you to a different post the second time you click it. It's not a hard coded link. I'd expect it looks at your cookies to work out what the last post you viewed was so when you press "back" and do it again it looks it up again and takes you to a different post. If you're seeing the problem quite a lot then I'd check to see if any anti-virus or anti-spyware software is clearing out cookies. C-Cleaner is another program which would regularly do this. I don't know enough about how it works but I'm sure when Orpheus comes here it'd be useful to know if it happens every time, if it's the same thread or forum each time and how often it occurs.

#433 JillliJ

JillliJ

Loyal Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:39 AM

I seem to have broken my fic thread, though I'm not sure how. :(  I can still open and read and post in any other thread on the site, but when I try to open my thread in the Fiction Sub-board, I get an error.  However, if I log out and click on the thread, I can get into it still.

Any ideas what I've done and how I can fix it?  I've tried using different browsers, logging out and back in, and even restarting my computer.

Posted Image

Keeper of Harper's Bunk on Beka's Ship
Keeper of Beka's Unoffical Little Brother

#434 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Have you tried clearing out your browser history, or using a utility like CCleaner?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#435 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

View PostNonny, on 13 July 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

I hadn't checked this thread lately so I clicked on the go to first unread button and it took me to page one post one.  I cliched back, saw that, yes, the go to first unread button was indeed highlighted, clicked on it again and it took me to page two post 21.   :shrug:

Wo! This happened again just now!  :freakoutnonny:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#436 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

There are Gremlins in the nooks and crannies of Ex Isle.  :unsure:

#437 JudasRimmer

JudasRimmer

Emperor of Incompetence

• Islander
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:16 PM

View PostJillliJ, on 03 August 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

I seem to have broken my fic thread, though I'm not sure how. :(  I can still open and read and post in any other thread on the site, but when I try to open my thread in the Fiction Sub-board, I get an error.  However, if I log out and click on the thread, I can get into it still.

Any ideas what I've done and how I can fix it?  I've tried using different browsers, logging out and back in, and even restarting my computer.

You must have hit the awesomeness limit for a thread. ;) One other thing you can try - disable Javascript. This switches the board over to a more basic mode that might enable you to reply ; I never have Javascript on and I've never had a problem replying anywhere without the fancy WSYIWYG editor. You'll have to format anything with the relevant HTML tags though,even line breaks,but that's a minor issue.

Dave.

#438 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:08 PM

I wonder if that would work by just toggling the editing mode button at the top left of the editing menu.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users