Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Hugs for Tricia

• Please log in to reply
6457 replies to this topic

#41 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Evidently my sister got the call with the results yesterday and left it up to my mom to tell the rest of us since she can't talk....and mom did not call and pass along the news. (don't get me started on why sis' BF can't make those calls himself like he did with mom)

No cancer.  Good news at last about something.

She still had the follow-up appt today and has a message on her machine from me wondering what is going on waiting for her. :rolleyes:

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#42 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Mark: Great news, and reason to celebrate! Somebody pass me a Sparkycola!  :cheers:  Cheers!
Relax now, Tricia.
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#43 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tricia}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted Image

#44 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{Tricia}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#45 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

:hugs:  :hugs: ((((((((((((((((((((Tricia)))))))))))))))))))) :hugs:  :hugs:

Good news!  :happy:

Does your sister not use email?  Or for the highlights, text messages?  I would think that would make it a little less frustrating for her, to at least be able to communicate somewhat.  :eh:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#46 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

^^^She doesn't text...no cell phone (and that is amazing to me now who can't leave home without my security blanket, er cell phone :) )

But she does email and sent me a long one this morning...actually two---making up for lost time I guess. She was feeling tired and just emailed the one person....my mom..with the results..

Not sure how I did not get appointed the messenger this time  as I am usually the one that they all tell and ask to pass it on. (my sister said she should have let me do it this time too)

I get along with all of them ---mom and siblings (at least 98% of the time LOL) and the only one who seems to be info central for the family. :unsure:  Still not sure how that happened but the rest have their little squabbles going on and not talking to each other most of the time.

I just realized...I am the 'phone tree' for my family.  And not just my siblings and mom. The aunts and uncles and cousins too.

Is that a compliment?  I think I'm going to take it that way :)

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#47 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Tricia:

I just realized...I am the 'phone tree' for my family.
Mark: Does that mean we're all tree-huggers, Tricia? :batting_eyelashes:

(((((((((((((((Tricia))))))))))))))))
Mark
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#48 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Another Saturday night and I have hugs for Tricia:  :hugs:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#49 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Oops. When I clicked on the thread it bounced to the last post, so I missed the news. Good thing I looked again.  That's fantastic, Tricia.  I'm very happy for you and your sister.  :nod:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#50 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

(((((((((( Tricia ))))))))))

#51 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

I just read the good news, and hope I'm now convinced not to rely on the Unread function, since I missed it when I posted yesterday.    :blush:

But I'm mainly happy for the good news.    :happy:
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#52 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

I'm just glad it is good news and almost dread when she gets the okay to actually talk. LOL

Having experienced a bout of larygitis several years back I can tell you that we DO make up for lost time. ;)

BTW...this morning I guess I finally let myself relax after all the stress which keeps me focused.  Woke up with a headache. Not a migraine but close enough.  Gone now but still a little wonky.

#53 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

^^ Wonky gives me the willies.

Have some wonky-curing hugs:  :hugs:

#54 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

:hugs: Tricia. It's good to hear that it's not cancer!

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#55 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostTricia, on 12 August 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

I'm just glad it is good news and almost dread when she gets the okay to actually talk. LOL

Having experienced a bout of larygitis several years back I can tell you that we DO make up for lost time. ;)

BTW...this morning I guess I finally let myself relax after all the stress which keeps me focused.  Woke up with a headache. Not a migraine but close enough.  Gone now but still a little wonky.

Mark: Knowing how talkative you and some of your other relatives can be, I sorta understand why you're dreading your sister being given the okay to talk again. ;)

Also, since I know how well you treat your dogs, and some of the things you've told me of them doing and getting by with...I've decided I want you to adopt me for your next dog. :ninjapooh:
Just to give you fair warning...like a couple of your other dogs, I too give sudden and unexpected kisses. :batting_eyelashes:

Woof...woof...woof!

:laughlong:
Mark
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#56 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

Posted Image

#57 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,333 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tricia}}}}}}}}}}}}} good news :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#58 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,632 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

{{{{{Tricia}}}}} I'll also chime in with a hooray for good news. Not for headaches though. Bad headaches, leave Tricia alone!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#59 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Here's a booster shot of hugs:  :hugs:

#60 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tricia}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hugs, good thoughts and prayers to you, your sister, and family.
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users