RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:46 PM

Hugs for Tricia.  :hugs:  

Hugs for Nonny.   :hugs:

Hugs for kcsue.  :hugs:

I made another try for the Fowl Meadows and found the place this time. And there was a nice misty meadow, but it was on the other side of the river with no way across.  Here's the first two of several pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8082 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:39 PM

A couple more from the Fowl Meadow. In some you can see the misty meadow on the other side of the river. Unfortunately, there was no way across and no good view.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8083 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 05:00 PM

Here's a couple more from the Fowl Meadow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8084 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:03 PM

More from the Fowl Meadow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8085 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:21 PM

Last two for now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That appears to be a secret entrance to the underground world of the Morlocks in there.

#8086 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:44 PM

We had a sudden storm this morning that knocked out my power.  I had to go into HQ. The place is pretty much locked down, so I expected the cafeteria to be closed, but I didn't expect all the vending machines to be empty.  :cry:

#8087 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:29 PM

One more week and then I'm back to my long weekends. Can I stand it?  :lol:

#8088 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 03:13 PM

And it turns out that my car heater still doesn't work.  :mellow:

#8089 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 05:14 PM

I lost my Internet for a few minutes last night. My personal account came back, but my business account never did.  Looks like I'm destined for another day at HQ tomorrow.

#8090 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:49 PM

Looks like I'll be heading into HQ every day this week.  Sigh.

#8091 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 06:23 PM

I was the only person I saw at HQ today.  I felt like Earl Holliman in Twilight Zone.

#8092 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,537 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 01:36 PM

lovely pictures
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#8093 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:01 PM

We had a sudden, brief thunderstorm, and now my power has been out for about three hours.  I've got WiFi, thanks to the generator in the shop downstairs, but no microwave or tea brewer. I'm just going to go to bed.  My Kindle still has some battery power.  :D

View PostFnlPrblm, on 07 October 2020 - 01:36 PM, said:

lovely pictures  
Thank you very much.  :)

#8094 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 06:29 PM

My power finally came back around midnight.  :mellow:

#8095 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:39 PM

I shall now sleep for 72 hours.  :yawn:

#8096 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 03:33 PM

My plan to sleep for 72 hours is a failure.  :cry:

#8097 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 07:06 PM

It was nice and warm this morning-- until I got to the beach and the wind off the bay was freezing.

#8098 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:12 PM

I assumed the beach would be too cold this morning, so I went to St Moritz. The Fall colors are starting to come in:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8099 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:50 PM

My car is fixed and it won't cost anything extra.  :nod:

#8100 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:49 PM

I picked up my car this morning and can confirm that it is generating heat.  :nod:

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users