• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

it's an all new world in campagns now with internet and digital creative groups and pros,
'
The Republican National Committee has emerged as a leader of the genre, producing rapid-response videos and longer-term message pieces. The committee was first with a video playing off a news conference in June where Obama declared "the private sector is doing fine." The video garnered free air time worth about $470,000.

An hour after Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, the Republican National Committee produced a video showing how the president recycled lines, almost word for word, from past speeches. "Familiar Rhetoric" has been viewed more than 1.1 million times on YouTube.
This week has been one of the busiest in the 2012 campaign, and Web videos have helped drive the discussion, with a flurry produced over Romney's comments, then Obama's. Friday morning, Obama's campaign unleashed its latest video featuring voters bristling over Romney's fundraiser comments that 47 percent of Americans are dependent on government handouts and see themselves as victims.

"The amount of content available this week is at least double a comparable week in the 2008 election," said Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, who is tracking the trend. '

http://www.tampabay....warfare/1252817

also in the news, this capitalist trend:
'
"It's a land grab unlike anything we've ever seen," said Peter Murphy, CEO of Home Encounter, the largest manager of rental homes in Tampa Bay. "You're going to drive through parts of town and all of it is going to be institutionally owned."

But it's also a big gamble on a shift in the American psyche, away from home ownership and toward home renting: cheaper, easier and with less risk of financial ruin.
"Used to be a house appreciated value 3 percent every year. It was a great investment. Then everyone got burned," said PDC Group owner Nick Pavonetti, whose St. Petersburg-based firm is helping Blackstone buy homes '
http://www.tampabay....rentals/1252624

PS,
wish I were some capitalist and could get into some gold like this, some good times for byin, it's a grand time for the chosen few as it's a terrible time for the rest of us- as we sink, they sun themselves with opportunities , so it's :), or it's :( , depending

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOP, campaign, elections, digital, internet, 2012

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users