Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Libya was “an act of terror”? B-but you said...

Benghazi Attack Terrorism Obama 2012

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

jNow this is Houston, and theymay not exactly be on Barack's side, I mean some spin, but hey they may be onto something; we heard tips on this before but I never saw it laid out like this before, requests, warnings, req denied, denial, ignored, then afterward maybe some deflections, some misleading, some Cya yeah? ....... US missions in Libya, ambassador Chris request, data, reports, intel- ...... so is this a Gotcha moment?  http://blog.chron.co...pened-in-libya/
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#62 DarthMarley

DarthMarley
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

To suggest that the administration didn't know what we now know they know is an untenable position.
It was the administration who pointed to the youtube video.
Their surveillance drones told them something else.

The back story, which is believable, but unconfirmable through official sources, is that we were recruiting jihadis from the benghazi area to send to Syria to fight as our proxies.

It seems clear to me that this terrorist attack on 9/11 was managed, spun, politically by an administration faceing re-election.
People who want him to be re-elected will defend not only the actions taken, but also the deception, the cover-up, and deride others for wanting to make truth a political issue.
I have no patience or respect for those who engage in such rhetoric.

This is exactly the sort of scandal that should spur expedited review in the legislature.
If there was an effort on the part of the administration to keep headlines a few weeks before an election from reading "Americans Dead in 9/11 Anniversary Terrorist Attack!" then the people should definitely see that, and decide whether or not it changes their voting intentions.

If that isn't the case, then the most transparent administration in U.S. history should live up to their hype, and be fully transparent.
No matter what, if any, the political spin from the White House was on this, it is still a tragedy and a terrorist attack.
And as such, we should not have spent a few thousand on a P.R. advert in Pakistan, nor should we have had our president and U.N. Ambassador apologize for free speech actions of our citizens.
That much happened for sure, even if the administration isn't trying to sweep this under the rug until after the elections.
"It is not who is right, but what is right that is of importance."

#63 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

It seems clear to me that this terrorist attack on 9/11 was managed, spun, politically by an administration faceing re-election.
People who want him to be re-elected will defend not only the actions taken, but also the deception, the cover-up, and deride others for wanting to make truth a political issue.
The fact that 0bama can even show his face in public, speaks volumes about the deteriorating state of our society. None of it good. :(

I actually DON'T think he'll be re-elected...but the fact that his approval rating even makes it to double digits is mind blowing. I'm honestly wondering if his popularity on the left would take a hit if he gave a speech with the severed head of Michelle on the podium? "What's wrong with making a stump speech?" his supporters would no doubt say. :dontgetit:
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#64 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

The Rights hate for the President knows no bounds or decency.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#65 DarthMarley

DarthMarley
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostBalderdash, on 04 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

The Rights hate for the President knows no bounds or decency.

I would spin that to say this president have no respect for the citizens.
He has flat out lied about a terrorist attack on 9/11/12 and that is plain to see.
Dismissing it as hate fromj the right denies the facts.

#66 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

How's that "spin" working out for the right, DM?

ETA: OK, that's an unfair question.  But do let me know on Tuesday night, OK?

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#67 DarthMarley

DarthMarley
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostBklnScott, on 04 November 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

How's that "spin" working out for the right, DM?

ETA: OK, that's an unfair question.  But do let me know on Tuesday night, OK?

So, winning an election justifies things, makes untruth the truth, and discredits policies?

#68 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hmm...I have a one word reply: Bush.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#69 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostRhea, on 04 November 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

Hmm...I have a one word reply: Bush.

She said it.  Not me.  LOL :p

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#70 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

So glad I was too busy last weekend to keep up with this thread.   :rolleyes:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#71 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

lots of pol arguing over 'they should v done more!' , but now the admin have released new report of timeline of reaction to the Benghazi attack, Pentagon, Washington city...
> ' "Unfortunately, no alternative or additional aircraft options were available within a timeline to be effective," the official added.
The Obama administration's response to the attack became a highly charged political issue in the last weeks of the presidential campaign. The CIA, which had a base near the consulate, and the State Department have released timelines on the incident.
According to the Pentagon's timeline, the military's Africa Command, based in Europe, ordered an unmanned, unarmed surveillance drone diverted to the city in eastern Libya just 17 minutes after the attack on the consulate began about 9:42 p.m. local time (3:42 p.m. EDT), the first military action in response to the incident. It took the drone more than an hour to arrive at the scene.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's office was notified of the attack 50 minutes after it began, and Panetta learned of it shortly thereafter as he and the military's top general headed to a previously scheduled meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House.
Obama, Panetta and Army General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, discussed potential responses to the unfolding events in Benghazi during their meeting, which began 78 minutes after the start of the Libya attack, according to the timeline '

http://news.yahoo.co...-033527561.html
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Benghazi Attack, Terrorism, Obama, 2012

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users