• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Mason Treadwell--I suspect Emily's machinations will leave him either discredited or dead, so his realization about the Emily-Amanda switch will be neutralized.  I agreethat this was the best episode thus far but it does get deeper into the Initiative, which is never good.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#22 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

This really was the best ep this season.
Posted Image

#23 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Ok - so, this episode is all about set up for things to come, and it was ... interesting, but I don't know if I really accept it.  Its like they ran out of story and scrambled to give us a whole new story. Granted, all the elements tie to the original story - essentially this WAS an origins story, but it felt so out of place and time - so obviously a compensation for the fact that the show has no where to go if it doesn't manufacture some new threads.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#24 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

OK - I concede.  This episode was GREAT.  High drama, twists and turns... where to start!

Ok, so we found out a few episodes back that Kenny and Sam (ok, whatever the brother's name is) were totally no good, but it still doesn't feel good to have Jack in such jeopardy. And, of course, we learned from last episode that Jack's dad is complicit, but not without justification, in the murder of the Ryan boys' dad. Oof.  Sad bit of business - one wonders how Jack gets out of it, him and family intact.  CERTAINLY, Sam has no interest in concealing from Jack his ill intent - the crossing out of Matt's name in the book was a signal. :(

Emily and Aiden are more likeable together, now that we are able to recognize that they are kindred spirits who found each other.  Still, it was a touching moment when Emily stood feeling like she had sacrificed every possible happiness to Amanda at the christening.  AND, I really felt for and appreciated Amanda's empassioned challenge to Emily - that she could have what Amanda and Jack have.  From Amanda, that felt REAL, where most of the time it is hard to know if Emily has any real feelings left.  (OK, the moment when she sent Amanda home to Jack felt real, and her interaction with Aiden, though fraught with this life that they live, is real.  But when she lost Jack, she lost a big chunk of herself.)

Hard not to feel sorry for Ashley, who got started on the wrong track and has been used by everyone she comes in contact with - INCLUDING Emily.  I haven't liked Ashley for the entire series, but now I feel genuinely sorry for her, and hope she makes a comeback and finds a bit of happiness.

OK  - so the real question is - how the heck is Nolan going to deal with Marco?!?  It feels very much like Marco has all the chips on his side - the ONE piece of information that Marco knows is the piece that could bring down the whole house of cards.  Yikes!

And poor Daniel.  Ever the dupe and still in love with Emily.  It looks like Victoria is going to try to get Emily to revive her relationship with Daniel by way of steering him.  If that happens, maybe my one long-held hope may come true that Emily and Victoria come to understand each other better, and become allies.  In all - a really good place the show is at... FINALLY!

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Revenge, ABC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users