Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

The GOP's embassy security problem

Budget Cuts 2012 Inadequate Diplomatic Security Benghazi Consulate Attack Politics

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postscherzo, on 11 October 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Well let's see...my understanding of the word "sacrifice" is, it requires intent on the part of the person making it.

Thanks for defining the word as you understand it.  That helps.

Sacrifice in the dictionary [on line ] is:

an act of slaughtering an animal or person or surrendering a possession as an offering to a deity:they offer sacrifices to the spirits[mass noun]:the ancient laws of animal sacrifice
    an animal, person, or object offered in the act of sacrifice:a flat cake offered by the Romans as a sacrifice to their gods2 Christian Church Christ’s offering of himself in the Crucifixion.
      the Eucharist regarded either (in Catholic terms) as a propitiatory offering of the body and blood of Christ or (in Protestant terms) as an act of thanksgiving.
    3an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy:we must all be prepared to make sacrifices
      Chess a move intended to allow the opponent to win a pawn or piece, for strategic or tactical reasons.
    (also sacrifice bunt or sacrifice fly)Baseball a bunted or fly ball which puts the batter out but allows a base runner to advance.
      (also sacrifice bid) Bridge a bid made in the belief that it will be less costly to be defeated in the contract than to allow the opponents to make a contract.
      Interestingly, there is no mention of intent, but let's allow that in many cases people are aware of what they are giving up and make the choice to do it.
    As far as my definition, I was using it defined as "An act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.  Which is why I questioned you on your original statements.  Given everything I've read about the man, he did give up the relative safety of another foreign post because he knew he was needed in Libya.  And, anyone posted in the Middle East has to know the danger.  This is why I used the word "Sacrifice".

Stevens was murdered. I reject the bizarre contention that he knowingly accepted death as the price for holding a dubious diplomatic post. That would be, well...crazy. The irony is, you and Lin seem to think *I'm* the one insulting the man.

I suppose you can reject anything you please.  It just doesn't make much sense to take issue with the fact that I said he might have known given his character, and that ultimately he did make a sacrifice.  He gave his life.

And, I reject the notion that he didn't know his life could be on the line.  Just the way he arrived in Libya speaks to how serious the situation was and confirms he had to know what the stakes were, and yet he went, and died.

It took me a minute...but I get the joke know. 0bama's supporters desperately need people to shut up about his embarrassing Libyan situation. So Chris Stevens' name gets propped up(man my irony meter is getting a workout lately)in a flailing attempt to shame people out of blasting away at an incompetent President. We're all supposed to sit quietly and hope not enough people noticed the clusterf**k to endanger our hero's re-election. Lest we risk diminishing the death of our ambassador. Good luck with that.

You should have taken a couple of more minutes to think about it.  I'm not an Obama supporter, and I said in my original post that even if Stevens' did knowingly make a sacrifice, it didn't mitigate the Administration's failures.  I've said it twice in fact. You just don't want to acknowledge that I wasn't using Stevens' death to deflect criticism of Obama.  I suppose it just doesn't fit the narrative you having going here, but the above statement only makes it clear that your partisanship limits your ability to separate a man's service to his country and your criticisms about the Administration.  Which is too bad.

Additionally, not every question to you about your post[s] is politically motivated.  Not every challenge to you is partisan.  I know you do not believe it, but I am not a partisan.  I could care less if you go on for 100's of posts criticizing Obama.  As I said up thread, I have a list of my own and you don't have a franchise on Obama criticism.  It appears to me that you either dismiss these kinds of comments when I make them, simply don't believe them, or miss them entirely.  That's fine, but you will then read partisanship into my posts where none exists.  It contributes to tangents going on longer than they need to and to outright misunderstandings.

Lastly, accusing people who took issue here of being sheep unable to take the criticism of Obama is silly and transparent.  But, it did give me a good laugh, so I thank you for lightening up the mood of the evening.

I dunno. This reads like you think I'm calling Chris Stevens unstable, which is the exact opposite of what I'm saying. Such a misunderstanding might be excusable...if I hadn't posted this right above you:
      "My entire point though(and it really isn't particularly complicated)was he DIDN'T sacrifice his life, and WASN'T unstable"

sooooooooooooooo... :dontgetit:

That explanation was after these comments....

Stevens didn't have a death wish, and didn't sacrifice himself.

I corrected your assertion that he sacrificed his life.(which would mean he was both unstable and not terribly bright) Period.

I thank you for defining how you were using the word "Sacrifice" because knowing that almost makes sense of your posts.  I suppose we all needed to know the definition of "is" after all.

In any event, there's a reason Lin's and my posts read like you were calling Stevens unstable.  It actually read that way.  NOW we know what you really meant.  Thank you.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
      Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
      Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
      Rule#4: Be outraged.
      Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
      Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
      http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#22 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
      • 31,142 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I OTOH am an Obama supporter, and I will point out the failings of his political opponents, like the GOPers who undercut embassy security.  As for those who keep trying to pin the crimes of the previous administration on him,  :headshake:
      Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#23 Kota

Kota
      • Islander
      • 417 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

State Dept's Charlene Lamb was asked by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher if
      budget cuts had anything to do with security decisions, Ms Lamb said "No, sir."

Link

#24 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
      • 3,388 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Doesn't matter. Anyone who flew into a rage over the GOP's culpability yesterday...will still be pissed off at the GOP after this(not exactly surprising)revelation. Something bad has happened...the conservative right MUST be responsible. Just ask that smarmy creep Joe Biden...
      "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
      Posted Image

#25 Julianus

Julianus
      • Islander
      • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

While there is no "Deepthroat" in the case of the tragedy in Libya, the Congressional hearing is raising some serious questions as to what happened when Ambassador Stevens and the other Americans were killed. The Public Editor of the New York Times, Margaret Sullivan, raised the question of how her paper handled the story recently.
      http://publiceditor....imes/#more-2544

Stories about Wednesday’s Congressional hearing on Libya were prominently displayed on the front pages of major newspapers throughout the United States on Thursday morning.

The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post, for example, both led with the story, meaning that editors placed it in the primary news position on their front pages.

But The New York Times was not among them. The six stories on The Times’s front page included one on affirmative action at universities, one on Lance Armstrong’s drug allegations, two related to the presidential election, one on taped phone calls at JPMorgan Chase, and one on a Tennessee woman who died of meningitis. The major artwork on Page A1 was from Syria, and the only mention of the hearing on Libya came in a one-paragraph summary at the bottom, leading readers to a well-displayed story on Page A3.
      Sort of buried?

Colonel (retired) David Hunt, who is a security consultant for governments and private companies and an occasional Fox News analyst for security and military matters, gave an eye opening (at least or me) on what our government knew as the tragedy was unfolding. The government basically had real time audio and at times video of what was happening as it happened.
      http://www.howiecarr.com/
      I think you will have to click on the audio visual on demand link at the site. You may have to click on the "Murder in Wellsley" link to get to The list of Howie's audios and scroll down a bit to find the audio.

Fox military analyst Col. David Hunt checked in with us again after the revelation that there were multiple listening posts which heard the cries for help from the US Embassy in Libya and none of them did anything. The State Department says they still do not know what really happened in Libya.

Julianus

#26 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
      • 5,363 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

well that's really it isn't it? we really do not know and are not going to know, everything there or then; in this download handheld 24 cycle NOW-Now time we live in, we feel we have the right to instant full truth and right to complain when we don't get are instant fix.
      We hear this, we gossip that, rumours- we heard there was request, and we heard there was assessment that there was enough security- but then how do you have enough security for some attack you don't know what type it will be, how in essence and with what weapons it will come-
      GOV wants the policy, and i believe it's both Dem gov and Rep gov, that security outside the front door of embassies or consulates is provided by host countries- yet one witness we heard how this all began was a Libya guard who ran, yes ran, when the explosion started; the guards just cleared out, then spoke to press laterz! (the cheek)
      That guard told how the attack came before the mob rioters arrived, just as they were arriving, but the spot in front of the gate was quiet when the attack began, and it came from three directions military style with rpg

We keep, keep, reading and hearing everyone say, it was this, it was that, but I say there was no it, there were two- there was the mob riot bout the movie which did not include rpg or attacks upon the compounds to kill- and then there was this attack which was not bout some movie no one saw, it was a planned concerted assault attack upon the consule staff in Bengazi, maybe or not connected with Al Qaeda. Two things, not IT

Congress is never going to find out exactly, no matter how much they insist they Must know, exactly what happened or sequence, or enough security or in what ways not enough, i mean, just what IS enough really? and the State response to the request, and deviation from policy- but let me say I HATE how the opposing sides of election, of stateside 'who will exec us all' decision for November, using this stuff bout how ambassador Chris died, and the safehouse and all that- just using it as some extra weapon to try to win, then do no better job in the West wing after all.
      "(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#27 Kota

Kota
      • Islander
      • 417 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postscherzo, on 13 October 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

Doesn't matter. Anyone who flew into a rage over the GOP's culpability yesterday...will still be pissed off at the GOP after this(not exactly surprising)revelation. Something bad has happened...the conservative right MUST be responsible. Just ask that smarmy creep Joe Biden...

I'm sure you're right about it's the GOP fault as I'm also sure the GOP planted a whoopie cushion in Joe's chair making him act like a baffoon, LOL.

However the blame is squarely on the shoulders of this administration as they continue to lie about Libya as Old Joe told us Thursday, 'they' knew nothing. So much for being a foreign affairs expert, when 230 security incidents occurred in Benghazi, you've have to wonder what he know about those.

Oh and BTW, Rep. Blake Farenhold also asked was this because of the budget cut and such - Lamb said: No, we would move funds to cover that.

See him ask @ 1:20

#28 Kota

Kota
      • Islander
      • 417 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostJulianus, on 13 October 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

While there is no "Deepthroat" in the case of the tragedy in Libya, the Congressional hearing is raising some serious questions as to what happened when Ambassador Stevens and the other Americans were killed. The Public Editor of the New York Times, Margaret Sullivan, raised the question of how her paper handled the story recently.
      http://publiceditor....imes/#more-2544

Stories about Wednesday’s Congressional hearing on Libya were prominently displayed on the front pages of major newspapers throughout the United States on Thursday morning.

The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post, for example, both led with the story, meaning that editors placed it in the primary news position on their front pages.

But The New York Times was not among them. The six stories on The Times’s front page included one on affirmative action at universities, one on Lance Armstrong’s drug allegations, two related to the presidential election, one on taped phone calls at JPMorgan Chase, and one on a Tennessee woman who died of meningitis. The major artwork on Page A1 was from Syria, and the only mention of the hearing on Libya came in a one-paragraph summary at the bottom, leading readers to a well-displayed story on Page A3.
      Sort of buried?

Colonel (retired) David Hunt, who is a security consultant for governments and private companies and an occasional Fox News analyst for security and military matters, gave an eye opening (at least or me) on what our government knew as the tragedy was unfolding. The government basically had real time audio and at times video of what was happening as it happened.
      http://www.howiecarr.com/
      I think you will have to click on the audio visual on demand link at the site. You may have to click on the "Murder in Wellsley" link to get to The list of Howie's audios and scroll down a bit to find the audio.

Fox military analyst Col. David Hunt checked in with us again after the revelation that there were multiple listening posts which heard the cries for help from the US Embassy in Libya and none of them did anything. The State Department says they still do not know what really happened in Libya.

Julianus

The truth is clearly illustrated by Col Hunt via the Howie Carr show as to how fast the administration knew.  I enjoyed listening to the show, thanks for your informative post.

The media is pushing as well as Americans to get some answers, hopefully Col Hunt will be the guest on more shows to share his knowledge. And next up to testify should be Rice so she can tell who told her to lie and then Clinton. Will she take the fall for Obama?

#29 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
      • 31,142 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

http://www.huffingto...kusaolp00000009
      Chris Stevens' Death In Libya Shouldn't Be Politicized, Father Says

The father of Christopher Stephens, the United States ambassador who was killed in the attack in Libya last month, said Saturday that it would be "abhorrent" for his son's death to be politicized in the presidential campaign.
      In an interview with Bloomberg News, Jan Stevens said the attack on Benghazi and the ensuing investigation has no place in the upcoming election.
      "The security matters are being adequately investigated," Stevens, who is getting briefings from the State Department on the investigation, said. "We don’t pretend to be experts in security. It has to be objectively examined. That’s where it belongs. It does not belong in the campaign arena."
      Since the September 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Mitt Romney has been critical of President Obama's response to the tragedy, slamming the president for lapses in security at the American compound...
      "I’m not sure exactly what [Romney's] been saying and not saying, but our position is it would be a real shame if this were politicized," Stevens said. "Our concern now is memorializing Chris and remembering his contribution to the country."
      Last week, the mother of a Navy SEAL killed in the attack made a similar appeal to the Romney campaign, asking the Republican to stop mentioning her son's name on the campaign trail.
      "I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda," Barbara Doherty, whose son, Glen was killed in Benghazi, said. "It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama.”

Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#30 Balderdash

Balderdash
      • Islander
      • 5,729 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

It was good to see the President defend himself last night during the debate.  I posted the link early on about what was said, next morning in the
      Rose Garden and it was totally ignored.    But that's not surprising as that seems to be the way Republicans operate these days.  Say anything
      long enough and loud enough and hopefully it sticks.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#31 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
      • 16,433 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

No one seems to care that the Ambassador's family has begged Romney and everyone else NOT to politicize his death, but to respect his sacrifice. And yet no one seems to care about that. It's just back to arguing politics as usual, using the ambassador's death like a ping-pong ball.
      The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
      - Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#32 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
      • 31,142 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

As much as I care about the family's wish to keep this tragedy out of politics, I don't want to see the President failing to defend himself from Romney's lies.  The politicization of this is all on Romney's head.
      Posted Image

#33 Julianus

Julianus
      • Islander
      • 1,660 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Unfortunately Ambassador Steven's death was the result of poor decisions about the need for security for the ambassador and subsequently the fabrication of a story that was inaccurate but was pushed for two weeks.  If he were a relative of mine I would want to know what happened, especially sent the former Seals were not part of the ambassador's government provided security. Hilary Clinton stepped up and took responsibility for the mess yesterday, but did not resign. Words are wind, as they say in The Game of Thrones. Serious mistakes like this can never be ignored and it is the "loyal opposition" that often forces out at least some semblance of the truth.

Julianus

#34 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
      • 3,757 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostJulianus, on 17 October 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Unfortunately Ambassador Steven's death was the result of poor decisions about the need for security for the ambassador and subsequently the fabrication of a story that was inaccurate but was pushed for two weeks.

Actually, it turns out that "fabricated" story was probably more accurate than not. Per the New York Times:

To Libyans who witnessed the assault and know the attackers, there is little doubt what occurred: a well-known group of local Islamist militants struck the United States Mission without any warning or protest, and they did it in retaliation for the video. That is what the fighters said at the time, speaking emotionally of their anger at the video without mentioning Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden or the terrorist strikes of 11 years earlier. And it is an explanation that tracks with their history as members of a local militant group determined to protect Libya from Western influence. . . .

Most of the attackers made no effort to hide their faces or identities, and during the assault some acknowledged to a Libyan journalist working for The New York Times that they belonged to the group. And their attack drew a crowd, some of whom cheered them on, some of whom just gawked, and some of whom later looted the compound.

The fighters said at the time that they were moved to act because of the video, which had first gained attention across the region after a protest in Egypt that day.

So, no, this wasn't a protest that spiraled into violence, but it was apparently a quickly mounted response to the anti-Islamic video rather than a preplanned assault to commemorate September 11 or some other al-Qaeda concern. The initial story the administration provided wasn't entirely accurate, but it seems no more incorrect than the "an al-Qaeda affiliate launched a coordinated assault on the consulate on the anniversary of 9/11" narrative the president's critics continue to insist is the real story.

#35 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
      • 3,388 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

So, no, this wasn't a protest that spiraled into violence, but it was apparently a quickly mounted response to the anti-Islamic video rather than a preplanned assault to commemorate September 11 or some other al-Qaeda concern.
      Wow I SINCERELY hope Team 0bama tries to run with this howler. "See everyone...our original story was based on the eyewitness accounts  of unnamed Libyan bystanders who helpfully interviewed the terrorists about their motives. So...we're good now right?" Why they couldn't identify the source of their you-tube induced rage theory before now, is something the spinmeisters will have to keep working on I guess.

The initial story the administration provided wasn't entirely accurate, but it seems no more incorrect than the "an al-Qaeda affiliate launched a coordinated assault on the consulate on the anniversary of 9/11" narrative the president's critics continue to insist is the real story.
      Yeah the president's "critics" are CLEARLY the ones full of sh*t here.

People like Libyan President Mohammed Magarief

0bama's own State Department

And pretty much anyone else familiar with Islamic terrorism who has an ounce of common sense. We're all nuts, and the 0bama administration deserves another round of kudos for their crackling professionalism and transparency. Good to know.

Edited by scherzo, 17 October 2012 - 06:43 PM.

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
      Posted Image

#36 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
      • 3,757 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

View Postscherzo, on 17 October 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

And pretty much anyone else familiar with Islamic terrorism who has an ounce of common sense. We're all nuts, and the 0bama administration deserves another round of kudos for their crackling professionalism and transparency. Good to know.

In other words, "Why take the word of eyewitnesses when you can look the situation up in your gut?" Of course.

But, hey, maybe all the eyewitnesses conspired to lie about what they saw. Maybe we can't trust the New York Times' reporter because he chose to cover an ongoing news story rather than try to take on a gang of heavily armed militants by himself like Rambo. Maybe the local militia leaders know less about Ansar al-Shariah's goals than some armchair terrorism experts half a world away. That doesn't change the fact that this was the story on the ground. This was the sort of information that would've informed the administration's initial assessment of the situation. Which means that even if it ultimately proves incorrect or incomplete, it's not some cover story the president and his people invented as the conspiracy theorists have been screaming for the past month.

And lest you feel the need to dig up more articles that don't actually disprove what I'm saying, keep the following in mind:

1. Saying that the attack was not the result of protests that spiraled out of control does not preclude it from having been a response to the same video that provoked protests elsewhere. Much of the Magarief interview seems to be devoted to debunking the former notion, which was clearly not the case from very early on. (Heck, I posted as much the morning after the attack.)

2. Saying that the attack was "coordinated" does not preclude it from having been arranged on short notice. No one is arguing that a bunch of militia members just happened to show up at the consulate with their rocket launchers at the same time.

3. Saying that the attack amount to "terrorism" also does not preclude it from having been arranged on short notice rather than planned and scheduled in advance. A militia deciding on the day to attack an American target in response to an anti-Islamist video would still be an act of terrorism by pretty much anyone's definition.

Edited to add: And regarding your suggestion that the information about the video is some desperate new invention, I can confirm that the New York Times has been reporting this as far back as September 16, just days after the attack: "Fighters and others present at the attack said the motive was anger at a video produced in the United States that denigrates the Prophet Muhammad."

Edited by Dev F, 17 October 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#37 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
      • 3,388 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

OK soooooooo a group of organized Islamic terrorists, mostly have bake sales and share make-up tips, until one day, an offensive movie trailer sets them on a path of murder and mayhem. That's awesome!

Like I said Dev...I hope Team 0bama tries to sell this crap to the public. Let's see just how stupid they think we are. Maybe they'll figure out some clever way to explain the attacks that led up to the final massacre

U.S. Consulate in Benghazi Bombed Twice in Run-Up to 9/11 Anniversary

In the five months leading up to this year’s 9/11 anniversary, there were two bombings on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and increasing threats to and attacks on the Libyan nationals hired to provide security at the U.S. missions in Tripoli and Benghazi.

Details on these alleged incidents stem in part from the testimony of a handful of whistleblowers who approached the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform in the days and weeks following the attack on the Benghazi consulate. The incidents are disclosed in a letter to be sent Tuesday to Hillary Clinton from Rep. Darrell Issa, the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the chairman of the oversight committee’s subcommittee that deals with national security.

The State Department did not offer comment on the record last night.

Posted Image

#38 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
      • 18,142 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

My feeling is that people who think foreign policy is still a good issue for the GOP -- and a liability for the Democratic Party -- are in for a rude awakening on Tuesday.  It's advantageous for Obama, not Romney, that the foreign policy debate is the last milestone in the process before election day.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#39 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
      • 31,142 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

View Postscherzo, on 18 October 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

OK soooooooo a group of organized Islamic terrorists, mostly have bake sales and share make-up tips, until one day, an offensive movie trailer sets them on a path of murder and mayhem. That's awesome!
      To whom do we attribute this?  RNC?   Sounds like the official party line.

Edited by Nonny, 18 October 2012 - 11:50 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostBklnScott, on 18 October 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

My feeling is that people who think foreign policy is still a good issue for the GOP -- and a liability for the Democratic Party -- are in for a rude awakening on Tuesday.  It's advantageous for Obama, not Romney, that the foreign policy debate is the last milestone in the process before election day.

QFT :)

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
      Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
      Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
      Rule#4: Be outraged.
      Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
      Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
      http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Budget Cuts, 2012, Inadequate Diplomatic Security, Benghazi Consulate Attack, Politics

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users