• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I just read a fascinating story spotlighted by the Guardian of Manchester, they won't leave this alone; for the last three days been reading clips n such of this stuff, kill list, but now this guy quoted extensively from the Greg piece in Washpost, so my link is to that one, .. http://www.washingto...6a4b_story.html ... the intending of perm/codifying this disposition matrix, this kill list in the new national counter terrorism command and control center close to the White House. So, how do I feel about this kill list, this no-due-process finality disposition thing? I see a couple US columnists on this without due process stuff, and this exec-decides thing, based upon criteria that has no judicial involvement- so now this make war on terror permanent? hhmm, I must ponder how I really feel on this- so how do _YOU_ feel on this? ..... '
Privately, officials acknowledge that the development of the matrix is part of a series of moves, in Washington and overseas, to embed counterterrorism tools into U.S. policy for the long haul.
White House counterterrorism adviser John O. Brennan is seeking to codify the administration’s approach to generating capture/kill lists, part of a broader effort to guide future administrations through the counterterrorism processes that Obama has embraced '
' Among senior Obama administration officials, there is a broad consensus that such operations are likely to be extended at least another decade. Given the way al-Qaeda continues to metastasize, some officials said no clear end is in sight.
“We can’t possibly kill everyone who wants to harm us,” a senior administration official said. “It’s a necessary part of what we do. . . . We’re not going to wind up in 10 years in a world of everybody holding hands and saying, ‘We love America.’ ”
That timeline suggests that the United States has reached only the midpoint of what was once known as the global war on terrorism. Targeting lists that were regarded as finite emergency measures after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, are now fixtures of the national security apparatus. The rosters expand and contract with the pace of drone strikes but never go to zero. '  ............... PS remember that after a couple viewing Washpost intercepts for reg, free limited viewing but reg<
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: president, white house, obama, kill, list, 2012, Terrorism

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users