#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Spoilers

36337_407138079341692_1249161850_n.jpg

Ruby fears the first full moon in the post curse Storybrooke.

Edited by DWF, 11 November 2012 - 08:46 PM.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think the title is "Child of the Moon".  :)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

I think the whole dream connection thing is BRILLIANT.
Posted Image

#4 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

It just is the way it is. The episodes telling Ruby/Red's story continue to be the best of the show. Last season's "Red-handed" was deemed the best of the season by many, and for me, this one didn't lose any of the quality the former episode concerning Ruby/Red had. It was another truly tragic tale for her, superbly written and filmed. (OK, the scene with the wolves running through the forest was with very poor special effects. But the notion was very beautiful). And Meghan Ory didn't miss one single beat in portraying this multi-layered, complex, cute and feisty character. And by God did she look gorgeous again in her red hood. :love: :love: I hope they make her more of a sidekick for David in the future. She's just a treat to watch.

I knew it was Aurora in Henry's dream in the first occasion, as the way she moved in her huge dress was so distinctly her it couldn't have been any other way. But still, the idea that Henry is connected to the other world through his dreams is, yes, quite brilliant.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 12 November 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Not quite sure what the dream means, but it was nice how everybody pulled together to help Henry. And Spencer was too easy of a person figure for the murder, but it was odd that Ruby's cloak was transported to Storybrooke since it's unlikely that Regina was expecting her curse to return once the main curse was lifted.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

I know these people likely have a different sense of law and justice having a history in both FTL and in Storeybrook, but is it just me, or is crime no cause for the wheels of law and justice to proceed in this town? Sure, if they are following some of our rules on the law, they can't just go straight to punishment, but we don't see the intervening stuff either, except a poor investigation. I suppose it would side track the show, but it is getting a bit annoying that crime is discovered, and after some investigation/speculation and/or confession, it is dropped, especially if it is an 'evil' person (Regina, Gold, Spenser). Whereas for the 'good' people, there is a intensive investigation to get them off. And as soon as it is discovered it is likely to be one of he 'evil' people, back to it being dropped. It is starting to seem a more than a little contrived. I hope there is a way they don't end up with crimes being committed so often that this is staring me in the face too much :p
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,619 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

^^^ You mean it's being depicted just like Real Life ;)

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#8 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

^ :p I can forgive a lot. And the fantastical elements of this show are supposed to be fantastical, but even the fantasy genre usually tries to make some story elements grounded, so people can relate to it. Maybe I was just made to watch too many procedurals growing up ;)

I even understand that Emma and David don't really have a background in the legal system, at least not from the enforcing the law side (I am not counting her bounty hunter days, that is not really the investigative side of things :) ). At least Emma wouldn't want to hurt Henry in a war with Regina, so I could excuse her not pursuing it, and Emma at least mentioned evidence a couple times. I wonder if David will drop this murder case. I would just really like the use of the mystery-murder-to-stir-up-the-town plot to end, is that really too much to ask? :D

Edited by sierraleone, 13 November 2012 - 05:46 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#9 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Things started moving rather quickly after the curse was broken and people are still getting their bearings.  I'm willing to cut slack on not prosecuting Regina.  And anyways, what crime did she commit in Storybrooke?   I mean does Storybrooke even have jurisdiction over stuff that happened in the Enchanted Forest?   :p~
Posted Image

#10 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

^ Maybe my memories on season one is too fuzzy, because sorting thru them I think I might be getting a couple plot lines mixed up....  

I thought the old Sheriff's murder was pinned on Mary Margaret by Regina, but the Sheriff's murder looked like a heart attack to everyone else, so that is why Regina got away with that so easily. It was never classified as murder, and considering all appearances to Emma at the time, it probably never will be.

What *was* attempted to be pinned on Mary Margaret with the 'murder', or rather the disappearance, of David's 'wife'. IIRC Regina didn't know where David's wife was either. Whether she cared about David's wife or not (I suspect not) she certainly cared about pinning it on Mary Margaret, in a probably make-her-and-David's-life-miserable kind of way.

Edited by sierraleone, 13 November 2012 - 10:37 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#11 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Actually what got pinned on Mary M was the disappearance and presumed death of David's wife, who turned out not to be dead.  It was never proved that Regina set Mary M up.
Posted Image

#12 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

The death of the sheriff was never iirc (which I may not) officially considered anything but heart failure...
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users