• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

We always knew but now GOP functionaries tell it, the truth, the reason for the Fla. law change, manipulation for the GOP vote; see this end justifies, no matter what, win at all cost, anything to win? it's not about serve or make good, it's all about the word they all use, win like it's this big war with divisions and armies.
'
Republican leaders said in proposing the law that it was meant to save money and fight voter fraud. But a former GOP chairman and former Gov. Charlie Crist, both of whom have been ousted from the party, now say that fraud concerns were advanced only as subterfuge for the law’s main purpose: GOP victory.
Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.
“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post. “It’s done for one reason and one reason only. … ‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’ ” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.
“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said. “It’s all a marketing ploy.” '
http://www.palmbeach...wer-play/nTFDy/

'
Crist said he was asked
to curb early voting
Crist said party leaders approached him during his 2007-2011 gubernatorial term about changing early voting, in an effort to suppress Democrat turnout. Crist is now at odds with the GOP, since abandoning the party to run for U.S. Senate as an independent in 2010. He is rumored to be planning another run for governor, as a Democrat.
Crist said in a telephone interview this month that he did not recall conversations about early voting specifically targeting black voters “but it looked to me like that was what was being suggested. And I didn’t want them to go there at all.”
About inhibiting minority voters, Greer said:
“The sad thing about that is yes, there is prejudice and racism in the party but the real prevailing thought is that they don’t think minorities will ever vote Republican,” he said. “It’s not really a broad-based racist issue. It’s simply that the Republican Party gave up a long time ago ever believing that anything they did would get minorities to vote for them.” '
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 DarthMarley

DarthMarley
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Meh.
Maybe so.
What about Dems carting voters from mental institutions off to vote for their party?

I know, a tu quqee argument, but true and sad.
"It is not who is right, but what is right that is of importance."

#3 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostDarthMarley, on 05 December 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

What about Dems carting voters from mental institutions off to vote for their party?

As a mentally disabled veteran, I wonder what the problem here is.  Are we not allowed to vote?  Or just when we're stuck in the locked ward?  I would hope I could get another Dem to drive me to my polling place if I were incapitated in any way.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2012, election, voting, law, Florida, GOP

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users