4 replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

happy lunchtime; here's some big news, world current events:
UN overwhelmingly votes Palestinians now non member state status.

http://www.aljazeera...3421111270.html

PS, I dont yet see word on any where(a state usually exists in a where), but the nation of the people at least, this changes things, I dont yet know how or in what way, but it's a change in the look
of the world. (especially if you v read tons on those areas and peoples and history over the
years like me)
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

good...maybe this can be the start to Israel S'ing-TFU and acting like spoiled brats.

there's plenty of land to go around--SHARE IT.  if God doesn't like it, believe me, He will do something about it!

idiots....

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#3 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Sadly, Israel has responded by saying they'll build more settler homes

And while I know this conflict isn't one-sided, Israel once again makes me think they're run by a bunch of racist, intolerant jerks.
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#4 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I've never understood how the Israelis could establish Israel and blithely take land that already belonged to other people and be ok with it. Was it  "I got screwed over and now it's your turn" syndrome? It's never made sense to me.

It is true that both sides have kept the conflict going, but the Israelis act like nut cases and make it worse. Any time from the establishment of the nation of Israel on this could have been resolved by Israel simply doing the right thing. They started it, and they need to finish it. I'm not hugely sympathetic to the Palestinians, either, but somebody has to take the first step.

Edited by Rhea, 01 December 2012 - 10:43 AM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#5 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm honestly more sympathetic to the Palestinians than I am to the Israelis.  While I acknowledge that the Palestinians are no saints, but the Israelis regularly commit what many consider war crimes.  My understanding is that's why Israel was so against the Palestinians getting UN status - they now have access to the international criminal court, and can sue Israel for things like jailing Palestinian children in horrid conditions, settlers taking land being subsidized by the government, or mortar attacks in civilian areas, to name a few.  

That said, I know that not all Israelis actually want to continue to perpetuate these abuses (many do want peace) but their government does some awful things pretty regularly.
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2012, Palestinians, United Nations

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users