#1 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Michael Forbes' 'Top Scot' Award Basically Proves Scotland Hates Donald Trump

http://www.huffingto...=small-business

It’s official: Scotland hates Donald Trump.
For evidence, look no further than last week’s Spirit of Scotland Awards in Edinburgh where the "Top Scot" prize, given annually to that Scot who "has made the greatest impact in furthering Scotland's reputation at home and abroad," went to Michael Forbes, a small-town farmer who gained notoriety after he refused to sell his 23-acre property to Trump's massive Aberdeen golf resort.
The honor, previously bestowed upon such figures as famed author J.K. Rowling, comes just weeks after the network premiere of “You’ve Been Trumped,” a documentary about the real estate mogul's attempt to steamroll the land. Trump's lawyers reportedly tried to prevent the film from airing in October, claiming it was highly defamatory and misleading.
“I actually thought the award should have gone to Anthony Baxter, who made the documentary,” Forbes was quoted as saying in The Scotsman. “I’ve no idea what Donald Trump will make of the award. I’m sure he’ll have something to say about it at some point.”...

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

and yes, teh Donald does indeed have something to say about that.   :howling:

http://www.huffingto..._n_2247458.html

Donald Trump Bans Glenfiddich Whisky At His Resorts, As Absurd Scottish Drama Escalates

Donald Trump has banned Glenfiddich Whisky from his resorts after Michael Forbes, one of the tycoon’s most well-known opponents, won top honors at an awards ceremony sponsored by the Scottish liquor brand.
“Glenfiddich should be ashamed,” Trump told the Guardian, claiming that Forbes, who famously refused to sell his farm to Trump’s golf resort in Scotland, won the “Top Scot” award last week because Glenfiddich was jealous of the billionaire’s inhouse whisky brand.
“I hereby call for a boycott on drinking Glenfiddich products,” Trump said, “because there is no way a result such as this could have been made by the Scottish people.”...

Actually, there is.  It's called voting.  Familiar with voting, Mr Big Mouth?   :rolleyes:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scotland, Glenfiddich, golf, boorish behavior, UK, 2012

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users