Thoughts and prayers.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I can't seem to get in there. Probably a lot of traffic.  How bad is it?

I hope he'll be okay.  :(
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

The entire post (for those who can't get in):

We were on vacation in Florida when I lost control of the right side of my body. I cannot see properly and I cannot move my right arm or leg. We are currently getting the extent of the damage sorted out and will report as further details become clarified.

PAD

#4 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm hoping it's going to be okay.  Thoughts and prayers to Peter and his family.
Posted Image

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

An update from his wife. Prognosis seems cautiously optimistic; she's hoping his brain can rewire itself around the damage (a small stroke in the Pons structure). He remains awake and alert (and cracking jokes).

#6 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

People tend to recover very well from strokes described the way he and his wife are describing this one.  My thoughts are with him and his family.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,547 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'm glad to hear that he is recovering.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#8 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

It's good that he's able to joke and sit up, hopefully he'll make a full recovery.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Wow, I'm glad he is able to communicate and is in good humor.  When I heard "stroke," I had a much grimmer picture in my head, based on what happened to my grandmother and a friend of mine.  I really hope he is able to recover completely from this, and that they can prevent a recurrence.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Peter David, PAD, health

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users