• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

An alien criminal, attempting to prolong his life, hides his consciousness inside the mind of a station crew member.

[Source: Memory Alpha. Used with permission under the Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial 2.5 Generic License]

#2 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Didn't we just have a "whodunnit"?  Guess this was Julian's turn.  Sid managed to keep the mustache-twirling to a minimum thankfully while playing possessed-Bashir.

And it's always nice to see Julie Caitlin Brown.
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#3 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

It was nice seeing Julie Caitlin Brown again, ironically she left Babylon 5 over make-up concerns yet appeared on DS9 in another make-up job.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#4 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

It is ironic.  But in the case of B5, it would have been on a MUCH more long term basis than as a guest star in an episode.  I think something like that, she can tolerate in short spurts rather than a long haul.

Plus, her alien makeup on B5 was FAR more involved than here.  Not to mention contacts that she might have ended up not being able to take.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 19 January 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 19 January 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

It is ironic.  But in the case of B5, it would have been on a MUCH more long term basis than as a guest star in an episode.  I think something like that, she can tolerate in short spurts rather than a long haul.

Plus, her alien makeup on B5 was FAR more involved than here.  Not to mention contacts that she might have ended up not being able to take.

She didn't have a problem with make-up, she just didn't like having her face covered up from what JMS said.

Edited by DWF, 19 January 2013 - 05:18 PM.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

This episode is pretty bland, yet another "let's try doing TNG on DS9!" attempt. There's a few notable chararcter scenes that are respectable (mostly involving Odo) but the main plot is generic, with a final act that collapses with a bizarre Siddig performance and loads of technobabble. Wake me up when the show figures out what it wants to be.
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DS9-RW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users