• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Ah, the first truly great episode of the series.  I was always sad we never saw Tosk again - what a great character!  (Absolutely amazing makeup too.)

And a wonderful O'Brien episode that allowed for some more "outside of the box/living on the frontier" bonding between O'Brien and Sisko and Odo as they all start to gain a respect for each other.

It was another episode that really struck me as a "western".  The mysterious stranger who comes to town, followed by a gang chasing him.  I think it really showed up in the confrontation/showdown of parties on the Promenade.  Funny that I never really viewed it that way before.

And of course, the was the first real taste of the Gamma quadrant and the peoples who would make up the Dominion.
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#22 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Just a reminder to everyone - vote!  Rate the episodes.

My vote and review coming up tomorrow!

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#23 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

This is a early favorite of mine as well. And our first message that these Gamma Quad races are going to be a lot of fun. I also regret that Tosk was never seen again, although he was seen in spirit with the Jem'Hadar! I remmeber young me thinking the hunter armor was pretty badass.

We also see that O'Brian will be even more the everyday hero he had become on TNG.

Just a real nice episode.

enTranced
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DS9-RW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users