22 replies to this topic

#21 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostJosh, on 24 March 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

I rarely praise Enterprise but I give Jolene Blalock a certain amount of credit. Once the writers allowed her to be more emotional (granted, through external causes), the character really opened up and made her one of the most interesting Vulcans in recent Star Trek.

Quinto was terrific, of course. And not just because he's hot.

You want a Vulcan to be played with more emotion? Gary Graham and Ben Cross did some work in their Vulcan roles as well.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#22 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostJosh, on 24 March 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Quinto was terrific, of course. And not just because he's hot.
Though that doesn't hurt. :D
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#23 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

View PostDWF, on 24 March 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Gary Graham and Ben Cross did some work in their Vulcan roles as well.
I liked Ben Cross as Sarek.  But I'm partial to his playing conflicted characters desperately trying to control what lurks underneath.  He's my generation's Barnabas Collins. :)
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DS9-RW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users