• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Dax is reunited with the Kahn symbiont, a wife of one of her previous hosts, and must decide whether or not to ignore Trill taboo and continue their relationship.

#2 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

"To not love someone because of a taboo...." - KIra

I have always had a hard time with this one. Sure the episode looks great under the skilled direction of Brooks and I have always loved Lenara's costumes, for once the wardrobe department managed to go farther then the hideous tunics, especially at the dinner party! How I love her cape and brooch. *sigh*

But it doesn't fit. We have learned how the symbiotes are a precious commodity. We know how they are indeed so precious that Trill are ready and willing to kill over them, to create vast conspiracy to fool the entire Trill people that there is no shortage of symbiotes just a shortage of Trill who are compatible! And then just to make a failed analogy, we create this lame taboo that says a Trill would kill a symbiote to make a stupid point that loving a past host will get your symbiote killed.

Yeah. Right.

And it's not even a GOOD analogy. And while both actresses try and Brooks tries very hard it all just falls flat because we know like so many Star Trek hetero love stories, we know how it has to end.

3/5. I really do loved that cape outfit. :)

enTranced
Posted Image

#3 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

I didn't believe it either. Okay so the symbiote wouldn't be able to 'offcially' get a new host one would have to do is hang out in neutral territory near Trill and let it be known s/he wants a new host. Unjoined Trill would probably flock in droves for the chance. Criminal or not.
Rejected and gone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DS9-RW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users