Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Most Adobe Software, FREE legal download (older CS2 version)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

This is straight from Adobe's own website.

Officially, it claims it is retiring its old CS2 validation servers, and will therefore no longer be able to validate CS2 registrations, but I think that's clearly just a cover story for a promotion to get people used to using Adobe without affecting current sales or providing support. I doubt they even HAVE separate servers for each version number across their product line. It wouldn't make sense. The validation software could easily run alongside or within their CS3 and later validation pages.

Though CS2 is several years old, the programs are quite useful now and into the future. I've never upgraded my Adobe software past CS2. Though CS2 only officially supports the OSs that existed when it was released, I'm told that those versions usually run just fine on Windows 7 (I don't know about the OS X version, because it lists the G4/G5 processors, not Intel)

If you even think you might someday have any use for these programs, I think it would be foolish not to grab these free LEGAL versions (and associated serial numbers) while they are available. [Note: some are disk images that must be burned to CD before installing. That's a good archival measure anyway)

Creative Suite
Adobe 3D
Acrobat (Standard and Pro)
Audition (and Loopology)  for sound editing
Photoshop (and Photoshop Elements)
Premiere (video editing)
Illustrator
In-Design
In-Copy
Go Live

#2 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I have confirmed that Adobe IS intentionally giving away their CS2 versions. It is mentioned on Adobe's Official Blog on Jan 7. They say a glitch forced them to shut down CS2 validation on Dec 13.

I've heard that they couldn't recover their registration DB, and were faced with ticking off millions of CS2 users: CS2 re-validation after hardware changes or migrating to a new computer had always been a pain to CS2 users, but now they wouldn't be able to use their paid-for software at all.

However, that could have been solved by just releasing "no validation required" registration codes [which they did] without also making the software available for free download. Since the reg codes would have worked for anyone, I assume they just decided to turn what would have been a HUGE black eye into a publicity plus.

Allowing people who wouldn't pay Adobe's steep new-version prices to get used to their Software can only help future sales, esp. after the economy picks up. Few would want to learn a completely different package.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users