#1 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Time jump: Four months later.

Time stamp: 10:41 am

After returning home from Alswyr, things had been relatively quiet in Delmi. There were still the odd pack of feral Lycans, or small nests of vampires popping up, or the occasional dragon attack but nothing had really happened that challenged the capabilities of the Guardian Unit of Delmi. The season had turned and the coldest part of winter was over. Indeed, now the first signs of spring were beginning to show and the weather was starting to warm. All seemed well in Demi...

Viella was happy enough, bathing in the baths at the HQ having just finished a rigorous exercise and muscle-building workout in the Guardian training facilities. She and her Unit had been given five days off to relax and get some downtime. Other Units were covering their duties for the moment. This was day three of the break and she'd been spending the time generally pampering herself and keeping in shape. Viella couldn't help but stretch out in the bath and relax so only her face was above the water's surface. Really the Kilairi and their plumbing systems were genius to allow piped, steam-heated water like this. She was content as she floated comfortably.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For her part Emily was at the local library in Delmi, reading fictional stories about the supernatural that had been written before the truth had become a bit more widely known. She found it interesting to look at how the general population viewed such things. And so she was sitting comfortably on one of the sofas dotted around the library with a small pile of books about alchemy that she intended to borrow at her side with a couple fictional books on the table next to the library sofa. Reading was one of her favourite ways to relax and thus she intended to spend her time off researching alchemy or reading.

OOC: Ok everyone, for now just have your characters go about their daily lives. The plot will start soon.

#2 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Sephira walked back towards the house she shared with Gaelan and she was smiling. The five days off were doing them both a lot of good after the terrible ordeal with Jian. And it was a beautiful day for a walk, and some plant-gathering. She had a sack full of herbs that she was running low on and she had looked in on Joanna, who was happily retired and pregnant, which Sephira was happy about, Joanna deserved all the happiness she could get after everything she went through over the years. She was smiling as she reached the house and went inside to find Gaelan, who was doing his own thing that day as well.

Vincent strolled around on his place, taking a deep breath of the fresh air and smiling. He didn't mind spending a lot of time living at the Guardian headquarters during his shifts, but he still felt more relaxed out here, where he could just be himself. He examined the new garden spot where he'd had some of his workers plant the herbs he needed to make feeding more comfortable on his girls. He still felt badly that he had not thought of this much sooner, but he figured it was better coming now instead of continuing the way he had been. The herbs seemed to have taken well to being transplanted, so he should always have a supply when he needed it.

He then went over to the stables to spend some time with his horses. The black one was growing older and would probably need replacing in a few years, but he had served Vincent well. The red one was still young enough to have the fire he liked in horses, which made him happy. He had 'liberated' that one from Urvon after they defeated him and Joanna allowed him to keep it for his part in doing that. He hoped that one of the colts sired by either of the stallions would serve him as well as the black had.

He walked into the barn and led the two out to the pasture since it was a beautiful day today and the horses could do with kicking about outside to run off some of the pent-up energy they had by being in the barn during bad weather. He smiled as he gave them both a pat and a carrot before turning them loose and watching them run.

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,951 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Sitting in his rooms at Guardian Headquarters, The Professor transcribed the notes he had taken in Alswyr into a fresh notebook. The handwriting was difficult to make out and some of the comments were quite incongruous.  Because of the many painful injuries he had suffered, he had been forced to partake frequently of Sephira's medicinal powders, which seemed to have a tranquilizing effect on his powers of observation and memory.  He wasn't sure what he had meant by writing "women's steambath architecture Kamakura period, women cooperative," but he sure wished he could remember.

Clinging tightly to Quoise's neck, Eru leaned forward as her dragon swooped down over the open field.  Running along happily beneath them at a full gallop was Home Stretch, her horse.  As Quoise came abreast of Home Stretch, Eru shouted "Here I go!" and slipped off, dropping down ten feet and landing deftly on the horse's back.  "Whoo-hoo!" she cried, shaking her fists in the air.  She brought Home Stretch around and trotted back across the wild grass to where Quoise had settled down. Bringing the horse to a stop, she slid her legs over his side, lost her balance and fell flat on her face.

Edited by RJDiogenes, 29 January 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#4 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Viella finished her bath, changed into her clean uniform. She felt utterly relaxed and comfortable, and she was enjoying her time off. After she left the HQ she travelled down the streets towards the market quarter of Delmi. After saving up her wages from the last couple adventures she intended to buy some new furniture for the house she'd bought. Through her link with her dragon she could hear Melenth's thoughts. It seemed her companion had brought down a large herdbeast and was feasting. Just as she turned a corner, Viella spotted some travellers from out-of-town that had set up a market stall and were selling jars of a white misty kind of vapour. Although momentarily curious as she'd never seen anything like that before, Viella didn't recognise the danger in those little bottles and carried on walking by into the market.

#5 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Sephira smiled as she sat with Gaelan and started separating the herbs she'd gathered in preparation for drying and processing into the various powders and ointments that she normally used in her healing practice. It was a happy, relaxing day for her, so far, and she hoped it stayed that way. Their dragons were also relaxing in their chosen shelter after feasting on a couple of herdbeasts and Sephira could feel the relaxation and happiness from Azura, which only served to boost her own happiness.

Vincent watched the two horses run for a bit before heading back into the house. He didn't have any pressing business today since Tommy had been keeping the business running like a well-oiled machine, just as he knew he would when he turned the day-to-day running over to him. He was out on a delivery right now, so Vincent went upstairs to grab a nap before he would be heading into town later on.

#6 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Timejump: Two days later.

Time Stamp: 20:37

Viella sat in one of the conference rooms in the Guardian HQ with the rest of her Unit-all except Emily whom they were waiting for to arrive. As per usual they would have a short fifteen-minute briefing to cover the routes they'd be patrolling tonight then they'd split up to cover the route either on food or by dragonback. She wasn't expecting anything unusual to happen tonight as Delmi had been quiet and free of any major supernatural threat for weeks now. Melenth was waiting out in the main courtyard outside with the other dragons waiting for the briefing to end and their riders to join them. Viella glanced up as Emily entered the conference room and took her seat around the table. "Sorry I'm slighly late." She apologised. Viella inclined her head slightly. "It's all right. Now then, tonigt we'll be covering......" She trailed off as a white light appeared in the room near the table and hovered there for a moment before altering shape into a brightly glowing figure shaped like a woman, with faintly darker colouring around the eyes. Viella's jaw dropped open in surprise when she felt the sheer power and presence of the being that had appeared before them. She had never experienced it before but she instinctively knew, as all the others did, that they were in the presence of a divinity.

#7 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Sephira was relaxing in the conference room, chatting with Gaelan while they waited for Emily to arrive. When she did, Viella was just about to get the meeting underway when a bright light appeared in the room, which then took a very feminine shape. Sephira gasped as she realized just what had entered the room, though she wasn't sure yet just 'who' it was as she had never before seen one of them. She was completely speechless as she sat there and stared at 'her'. What did she want with them?

Vincent was sitting quietly in the conference room while they waited for Emily. When she arrived, he sat forward to listed so that he would know where he was supposed to be patrolling, but before Viella could get more than a few words out, a shimmery, white form appeared in the room, and he half-rose, reaching for his weapon, before the form took a female shape and he realized it was one of the divinities that supposedly kept watch over this world. He sat back down, wondering why it was giving them a personal visit, as they rarely did that.

#8 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Viella stared at the being that was now standing before them but before she could gather her thoughts enough to form a question, the being spoke. The voice was feminine but it sounded like more than one-the result was startlingly choral. "Greetings, mortals. I am Kaneea." She seemed to regard each Guardian in turn for a moment. "We have been watching your exploits for some time now. Your exploits have been impressive and we feel you deserve a reward for it. A boon. There will be some restrictions as do not wish to change the world. The boon would have to be personal to you. Do you each all know what you want?" Kaneea asked.

#9 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sephira had to sit and think a few moments after Kaneea introduced herself and then told them that they would be receiving a boon. Of course she would stipulate to not change the world as even Sephira knew that even the most well-intentioned person could send the world into a state that was even worse than what it was now. She then looked at the being and spoke up. "I'd like a clinic, a central place where people can go when they need a healer." She said. Other than that, she had everything she could possibly want.

Vincent listened as Kaneea spoke to them and he didn't have to think very hard to know what he wanted, and maybe this being had the means to make it so. "All I've ever wanted is have this vampire curse lifted from me." He said. "I know that I'll lose almost everything except for my martial training since I had no psionic abilities to start with, but I'm tired of outliving everyone I've ever cared about."

#10 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Kaneea considered first Sephira's request and nodded. "So it shall be done." She agreed. "The Arl of Delmi will grant a plot of land to you and in a few of your days a team of builders will arrive to begin constructing your clinic. It is inadvisable to engage in detailed conversation with them as they will not be real. Merely manefestations of myself brought into being for that one single task." She instructed, satisfied with her way of granting the boon without exposing her presence to the inhabitants of Delmi. The Goddess of the moon then turned her attention to Vincent. "You need not be stripped of all your power." She told him after a moment's look at his heart, mind and desires. "Changing you to being a psionic Hume is as trivial as changing you from your vampire state to Hume." She told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Viella finally managed to close her mouth and think a bit as Kaneea arranged to grant Sephira's boon and offered an improvement of sorts of Vincent's. She regarded him thoughtfully and pictured him without the telltale claws and fangs that marked him as a vampire-and decided that she liked what she pictured. It woudn't be a loss to be a psionic mortal, he could become a dragonrider if he did. She hid a smile as she then though about her own request. She suspected that asking for all harmful supernatural to disappear was sufficiently 'world changing' to not be considered acceptable. "Money, then." Viella said out loud. "Enough that I and any children I have to be able to live well." She asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily eventually recovered from her surprise and found that knowing what she wanted was actually quite simple. "A place where I can research alchemy properly." She requested, although she thought that a laboratory in the clinic that Sephira had requested would do nicely as most of the research she did was aimed at helping people one way or another.

Edited by Mikoto, 18 February 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#11 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Tialyn and Reece had slipped in to the meeting at the last moment. They listened silently...and in awe...to the goddess Kaneea as she delivered her speech. They glanced at each other, willing to let the other go first. Tialyn motioned for her husband to speak.

"All I want," Reece said finally, "is to be in some sort of position where I can keep my family and all of Delmi safe. As of now I am the leader of the City Guard Unit in charge of protecting the Guardian Unit Headquarters...along with the dragons and riders...as well as the new Dragon Quarter in Delmi."

He nodded respectfully to Kaneea, then nudged Tialyn slightly.

The white haired elviri took a deep breath. "I mostly have all I need and want. However, I wish that my children and husband remain healthy and live for a long time. My lifespan, and that of our elviri daughter, will be greatly extended beyond that of Reece and our hume son...our children are both adopted. Is there anyway to make them live longer?"

Reece added, "That is something I would agree to. I'm afraid of dying too early and leaving my family."

They grew silent to wait for the answers.

#12 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

"Thank you, Kaneea." Sephira said when the goddess granted her wish. She sat as the goddess then told Vincent that he could be made into a psionic hume and only his vampire curse lifted, and she smiled. She'd known how much he had hated being a vampire and now he had the chance to be reverted back to what he was, with some added bonuses.

Vincent listened to Kaneea and he smiled a bit when she said that she would allow him to keep his psionic abilities as well and would only remove the curse of vampirism from him. "I would like that very much." He said, very grateful. "Thank you." He was eternally grateful to the goddess for allowing this, since those abilities would allow him to remain a Guardian, to fight the evil vampires, lycans and demons that threatened them practically daily.

#13 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Kaneea considered each request in turn, then nodded towards Viella. "The money that you wish will be waiting for you in a new basement room below your current dwelling." She answered. Next she turned to Emily. "I will have my manefestations build a complete and equipped lab within the clinic for Sephira." She told her. Kaneea then focused on Reece and considered his request. "Your fortunes will change soon. You will be promoted into the Guardians, the head of your own unit such as Viella is now. Your unit will be there when trouble threatens an innocent, if that is acceptable."

She looked at Tialyn and nodded. "Reece and your Hume son will be given the lifespan of an Elviri." At last Kaneea regarded Vincent. And as she did so, his fangs shortened to that of a normal human canine tooth, and his claws morphed into normal nails. At the same time she removed his vampiric traits, leaving him a psionic Hume. The process felt tingly and lightheaded but it soon passed once the transformation is complete. "It is done." She informed him.

#14 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Sephira smiled when Emily was granted a lab in her clinic. That would benefit everyone greatly, her research would be beneficial to her patients and to the world at large and Sephira was glad it was being put there. She glanced at Gaelan and smiled. After that, he was the only thing she needed, him and any children they would have over the years. She was happy for Reece and Tianlyn's son being given Elviri lifespans to match hers so that she wouldn't outlive them, that would have been so sad after what had already happened to her.

Then she watched in wonder as Vincent's claws slowly turned back into Hume fingernails and she figured his fangs were transforming back into normal teeth as well. She couldn't think of anything better to have given him, given that he had never wanted the curse to begin with and had somehow retained enough of himself over the last hundred or so years to keep from harming innocents in his need to feed.Now maybe he could find himself a nice female and settle down with her, once he became accustomed to his new state of being.

Vincent listened as all of the other boons were approved, then Kaneea turned her gaze back on him. He immediately felt the tingling in his body and he glanced down and watched with wonder as his claws turned back into fingernails, then he reached up and felt his mouth, almost startled to feel normal teeth again after having fangs for so long. He wouldn't miss them though, and as the tingling receded, he smiled a full smile for the first time in over a hundred years. Genuinely thankful, he looked at Kaneea. "Thank you." Was all he managed to get out through all the mixed emotions he was feeling at that moment. The people in his employ were going to get a shock when he went home later.

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,951 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

"Great Heavens," said The Professor as Kaneea appeared and, with divine nonchalance, announced her intention to grant each of the Guardians their heart's desire. He nodded and smiled as each of his friends' wishes came true. When Vincent amazingly became Human again, he slapped him on the back. "Congratulations, Big Fellow!" he said.  "The world is full of such wonders!  I'm an old man, but every day I see such wonderments to bring tears to my eyes.  I know what I want. To live long enough to see and learn every wonderful thing in this world."  

It seemed to Eru that she must be dreaming.  She had heard tales of Divinities, but never really believed them to exist. And yet, when she pinched herself it hurt enough for her to jump and spill her cup of iced tea in her lap, and she did not wake up. She smiled as everyone in the room in turn got their wishes granted, and when Vincent became Human, she cried and hugged him.  Then, when Kaneea looked at her, she shook her head and shrugged.  "I don't know what to ask for," she said. "I spent most of my life wishing my Werewolf self would go away, but my friends have taught me to love who I am.  I spent most of my life anxious and unsatisfied, but now my friends have brought me peace of mind.  I spent most of my life dying of loneliness, but now I have a soulmate in Quoise. All my wishes have come true."  She thought a moment. "The only thing that still breaks my heart is that my friend and mentor is all alone. If he lives until his thirst for knowledge is satisfied, then he'll live forever-- my wish is that he has a companion to keep him company."

#16 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Vincent couldn't help but twitch a bit when the Professor slapped him on his back and barely kept from yelping his surprise. "Thank you, Professor." He said, his voice a bit unsteady. Then Eru hugged him on his other side and congratulated him too, and all he could do was get an arm around her and hug her back and hope they didn't all tumble to the floor. "Thank you too." He said to her. He then listened as the Professor pretty much asked for immortality, and he waited to see what Kaneea would do with that. He wasn't quite as immortal as he once was, but he was fine with it. If the Professor wanted to live and seek knowledge for all eternity, then Vincent would wish him godspeed on his way.

Sephira was very surprised when the Professor asked to be allowed to live until he'd learned everything there was to learn. How would the goddess grant that? There were several ways that she knew of, but she didn't have a divine's knowledge. She almost laughed as Vincent got smacked, and then hugged, barely keeping from tumbling to the floor in a heap of arms and legs. If she had another wish, she'd wish that Eru wasn't so clumsy, but that was just part of her charm.

#17 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Kaneea was silent for a moment, her glowing face expressionless. Finally, she nodded. "Immortality, it would be for the world is very large and ever-changing.. Very well." She made the change, and the Professor seemed a couple years younger and a little more robust. Or perhaps it was just the imagination of those who were in the room with him. "It doesn't mean invincibility however. But should you get seriously injured, somehow you will always pull through." She informed him. "But immortality is a burden that most Humes cannot bear. If you find youself wishing to regain your mortality, pray for it and it shall happen." Kaneea smiled at Eru. "You shall be his companion then. His protector and the same conditions will apply." As she made the change to Eru she addressed the group as a whole. "Be aware that there is a danger within Delmi now, born of the mists of the lowlands and the denizens within." She warned. "Enjoy your rewards. Now I must offer Joanna her boon. Farewell." And with that she shimmered and projected herself to Joanna's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Kaneeea had transformed Vincent back into a hume, Viella had been looking at him in an entirely different way. She smiled. She'd always generally liked what she saw but had ignored it because a vampire was never a good choice for her. But now.... she smiled and watched as everyone had their wishes granted. The smile vanished, however when the goddess warned them that there was a danger within Delmi. Her warning was cryptic but she hoped it would be enough to go on. After she was gone Viella took a deep breath. "Well that was..... memorable." She said, still feeling the aftereffects of being in Kaneea's presence. "Did anyone understand her warning?" She asked. It was Emily who replied. "Maybe." She gave Viella a thoughtful look. "There are a lot of dangers of wraiths being in the misty lowlands." She suggested.

#18 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Sephira frowned when, after granting the Professor and Eru immortality, she warned of a danger from the mists of the lowlands. Then Emily suggested the Wraiths and she blinked. "Oh no, if the Wraith are here, then Delmi is in danger." She said. "Wraith can possess people's bodies, and then do terrible things."

Vincent finally was able to untangle himself from Eru's exuberant embrace about the time that Kaneea granted the Professor's wish for immortality, and he was happy for him and Eru, who was designated his companion and protector, which he knew she would do. Then, before she disappeared, she warned them of a danger in Delmi, danger from the mists. Then Emily mentioned Wraith and he frowned. He'd known about Wraith for a long time, and if it was them, then it was indeed a danger, a danger that should be taken care of as quickly as possible.

At the same time, he also thought he had seen Viella looking at him with more than professional interest and he wondered if he could be mistaken, for Kaneea had gotten all their attention with the mention of the danger. Perhaps later, he would find out, but the Wraith, if it was them, took precedence.

#19 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Viella listened to Emily, then Vincent suggesting it could be mist wraiths. She hadn't heard of them before and none of her people-who lived high in the mountains afterall-had ever encountered them. It was well that the Guardians native to Delmi had heard of them. Then she had a flash of pure recall as she remembered seeing bottles of white mist being sold on the market a few days ago. "I think I know how we might find them." She said out loud. "A few days ago I was shopping in the market when I saw some people from out of town at a stall selling jars of white mist. I didn't think anything of it and passed them right by. But I do remember where they set up shop." Viella added.

#20 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

"I haven't been to the market district myself in awhile." Vincent said when Viella mentioned that she saw someone selling bottles of mist. "Some of the ladies who work for me usually do the shopping for the winery. They didn't mention the strange sellers on their last trip, I suppose they didn't think anything of it." He was at least glad they didn't buy any of it, either. "However long they've been here, they need to be stopped, and we need to find out if anyone bought any from them."

Sephira frowned in worry when Viella mentioned a stall selling bottled mist. If anyone bought it, then they could already be possessed, and they would have to be depossessed, which wasn't easy. "I agree with Vincent." She said. "We  need to shut this seller down, quickly." She'd had not needed to go to the markets lately, or she would have become suspicious of them herself. Likely they were either possessed themselves and helping spread the Wraith, or they were simply bad people who knew what it was and were trying to spread chaos. Either way, they needed to be stopped.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users