2 replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Spotlight,

we often see photos and feature or news on her Majesty, the UK HM, who returned from a holiday trip in Africa with her husband one 1952 day, somber day, when her pa died and she landed at the airport and stepped off the plane as queen- and all, all the stuff afterward, the annis horribilis, her kids, the press Oh just everything- but how many of us even know her name of the 'other' HM over there, the other 'blue haired lady' with the hats and the constitutional crown in the modern age thing going on?

so here is a spotlight- HM Beatrice sovereign of the Netherlands announced today she will abdicate and her son HH Willem will be the new king there in Amsterdam- they have a habit of this, so there can be a retirement but also some advising for the new sovereign; her mum Queen Juliana did it in 1980.

So on Apr 30 Netherlands will have their new king Willem, and he will enjoy mum's advice (Bea) and he will be the first king in like almost forever,

http://news.yahoo.co...-181316716.html

{Hit ViewPhoto then}click on right for more photos, see em all: her in ceremonies and with her husband who died, and Willem a bit younger in past times, this is what they look like,

extra:
http://gpdhome.typep...ht-aan-dat.html

and Here they are in the attchd photo,

Attached Files

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I saw this, and watched the abdication announcement she made. I think it's an intelligent choice, especially as it puts a young, ish, king on the throne while still keeping her active as a kitchen advisor.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#3 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I love the hat!   :D
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2013, spotlight, netherlands, Bea

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users