Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

who's getting the jobs(it's toughoutthere)

interview piece cnnmoney

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

this interview piece,
'MBA dime a dozen'

'my master's is a joke'

> working three part time jobs-

People asked, 'my master's worth it?'

boy, I really feel for this guy 42 and canna get...
http://finance.yahoo...-173855765.html

with all the work-outside-my-field, all the younger competition, but all the quotes about young adult unemployment and those leaving uni job searching for two years.. just who is getting the jobs? (are there really so many 1st-half-of
twenty-somethings finding job search tough going?)

in this, the guy who works those part-times, odd jobs, with B of Psych and M in HR.. the gal who got M in education, working in internet marketing..

so if you can't get the job at 23 but you also can't get the job at 42 or
at 30, then who's getting all the dang jobs?

all the uni debt and not the seventy thou-job to pay it back?

' I completed that degree -- which was my second master's -- in 2010, and taught for a year in Boston. It was the hardest work I've ever done, but I loved it.
A year later, it was first in, first out in terms of layoffs. I didn't have any seniority and I was unfortunately laid off.
I couldn't find another teaching job, so I returned to marketing '

' I am high risk, so I'm told, because I have multiple degrees, which means it's more likely that I would pursue other means of employment if I am offered a higher salary.
I'm 42 years old, and I'm competing with 25-year-olds who have MBAs from Harvard. There are so many young people with MBAs from exclusive schools, it's very difficult for somebody like me to compete. Employers don't expect middle aged people to be innovators. '

' Now it's been more than two years, and I'm competing against fresh grads for entry-level positions and leadership training programs. A career counselor told me I missed the boat on getting a solid return on investment for my master's.

I have three part-time jobs. I am an unpaid volunteer in a local hospital's HR department, I'm a content manager for a video game website, and I clean typewriters... yes, typewriters. '
:(

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interview, piece, cnnmoney

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users