• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#21 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Oh, yes of course. A wild cat lycan is fine Nikki.
Rejected and gone.

#22 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Thank you, Nikki :) I'm rather attached to him, even though he isn't the first character I ever played in Oblivion. That honor goes to Jhanell, a Kajhiit female.

#23 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Alrighty, we have a map for you guys. Warning...it is not to scale, it is just a visual aid.

Samsarrarev.jpg

This is the world as we now know it, mostly.

#24 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Reviewing thread... will be back...

#25 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Welcome Balth :)

The more the merrier.

#26 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Love, love, love the maps!! :D

*waves to Balth*

#27 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thank you, Nikki. The latest one shows the placement of the Salaran Islands in relation to the other continents, as you can see Leena got moved a bit, but that's okay, it works like that.

#28 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Nikki. ;) I have all the artistic skill of a drunken monkey (which makes it dreadfully ironic I'm mod of Artwork forum), so I drew most of the map and indicated the area where the Salaran Islands should be, emailed it to Chatty who then added said Islands.

It's not accurate, it's not to scale, I was on my brother's laptops so Talmia and Rivisia are wonky in shape. I doubt the entirety of Telgar has been explored/claimed but overall it's Sandesinan/Dhaskan.

Ariqua is definately not all one solid territory as the colouring implies but I'm gonna "draw" an Ariqua-specific map in a bit. ;) But for all that it's a great visual aid.

Coming up, I'm gonna start putting the specifics of the situation for the game to start.
Rejected and gone.

#29 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Alrighty then.... So, I mentioned earlier in the thread that Sandesina and Dhaska entered a full and formal diplomatic alliance. Ever since Alswyr discovered Killasetta, and the Alliance discovered Telgar, the Royal Family of Sandesina and the Government of Dhaska have been funding exploratory missions. Sending steam-powered ships out all over to discover new lands.

The ship, comprised of a mixture of Humes and Elviri crew, the Enterprise sailed west from Telgar about 40 years ago and discovered the island of Mahi-Mahi. There they found the Salaran Elviri natives and first contact was made. The Salarans of Mahi-Mahi welcomed the strangers and allowed them to build a colony town there. However some of Salarans on the western islands likely aren't so welcoming of strangers.

From the natives of Mahi-Mahi, the explorers of the Alliance learnt of the land of Ariqua down to the south. 10 years from the discovery of Mahl-Mahl, a second explorer vessel, the Intrepid, sailed south and discovered Ariqua where they briefly met the Ariqun and the Zapiyan Humes.

5 years from then, the colony town of Niobia was founded and it has flourished in the 25 years since. Currently it has a populaton of about 150, a mixture of Sandesinan Humes and Dhaskan Elviri, with a scattering of the 'native races.' It has everything one could imagine of a town in the steam era/Industrial Revolution and has been making heavy use of the abundant natural ores in mining in the local area. Niobia appears to be in territory that has yet to be claimed by either the Ariqun or the Zapiyans.

Niobia has a Sandesinan Arl and a Councilmember of the Dhaskans who rule jointly.

As for us.....

My character is Elizabeth Cousland, the daughter of a noble family and she's quite wealthy. She owns her own steam ship that houses a crew of 20-30, a mixture of Humes and Elviri. (Name of that ship is still pending.) Having said that, she is working for the Sandesinan Crown and Dhaskan Government as an official explorer.

The crew (which includes you guys) are paid per voyage in part by Elizabeth herself, in part the Sandesinan Crown, and in part the Dhaskan Government as it's a joint venture. You're paid per mission/voyage. Half before it starts and half when it's complete. For the most part you'l receive your wages from the Arl's office in Niobia. You'll automatically have your own quarters aboard her ship but whether you own property in Niobia is up to you.

If you're a 'native' then you aren't hired by the Crown or Government, you'll be hired by Elizabeth herself privately as a Guide. These are your lands afterall, you'd know them better than we do.

So, we need Guides, a Doctor or two, several warrior/fighter types, and an engineer or two. An extra cartographer wouldnlt hurt either.

I think that's enough to get started, if you have questions, PM me or put them here. :)

Edited by Mikoto, 19 February 2013 - 08:26 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#30 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Here are the Zapyans, in case anyone is interested.

Augment.jpg
Augments.jpg

#31 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

And here is Ariqua:

Ariqua.jpg

#32 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

And here is our ship, the Voyager:

Voyager.jpg

#33 Balthamos

Balthamos

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Rylan.jpg

#34 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Can you tell us more about him? And I don't think he'll want to wear that duster in the tropics ;)

#35 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm sure Balth will PM a character profile when he's  perfected it. Still, interesting image.
Rejected and gone.

#36 Balthamos

Balthamos

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I normally work the other way round. From the posts I've read so far I think leather coats are going to be the least of our needs.

#37 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'm interested in seeing your character, Balth :)! And where's RJ? He'll be happy to know there's another game now. The Professor could always have adopted late in life... ;).

Cool ship, too. With all those people standing in the sails (we need a ship terminology post :angel:) the ship seems fairly large.

#38 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

RJ has been a bit busy with RL lately but he is aware that I'm starting a new game. He should turn up, eventually.

And yeah, but Voyager only has a crew of about 30, quarters to fit 35 so it's sized accordingly.
Rejected and gone.

#39 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Oh good, I hope RJ can join. Okay, I'll see you all Friday evening (due to my part-time job and day job). Keep my characters in the action, please :).

#40 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm here! Sorry, I've been distracted by work and other stuff. I've skimmed through the thread and will be ready to jump in over the weekend, hopefully.  I think I should pass on rejoining POD, though.  I think one story is all I can handle right now.

And, thanks to last-minute events in Guardians, the Professor and Eru can join us in this story, too.  :lol:

I like the background for this RPG.  It has a classic, Pulpish, Steampunkish feel to it.  :nod:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users