• This topic is locked This topic is locked
428 replies to this topic

#61 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,607 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

"My fault!" said Eru, jumping quickly to her feet.  "I tripped over..."  She looked around and didn't see anything but The Professor. "...him.  He's always getting in my way. I hope you're not hurt."

"Yes, my apologies as well for my part in this, whatever it may be," added the Professor.  "Perhaps you can be of some assistance to us.  We've just spent the past seven years..."  Eru looked at him.  "... seven to twenty-four years exploring a pyramid in the jungle and we're looking for transportation back to Delmi.  You look like you're going on a trip. Would you be able to steer us in the right direction?"  

#62 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Elizabeth glanced over her shoulder at Demiriz, who had helped her up and shot him a grateful look, then she turned and smiled at the werewolf female. "I'm fine, thanks for asking." She picked up her fallen backpack and checked that the contents were intact as the Professor spoke. She looked up from the contents of her backpack and her eyes widened in total surprise. "Twenty four years? You've been out in the jungle for most of the time Niobia has been built?" She was amazed that they'd been out there that long but it also meant that they would likely be somewhat familiar with at least some of the native denizens of Ariqua. That interested her. However he'd asked her about how to get back to Delmi and so she'd answer his question. "Well, if you want to book passage to Delmi you'd be best off going to the docks. Its next to the Industrial Quarter."

She turned and indicated towards the quarter where in the distance one could see plumes of smoke from the factories and ore-processing plants rising into the sky. She adjusted her point to the natural habour. "Once there, look for the Sandesina Shipping Agency offices by the water. They have the emblem above the door. Red and blue squares with two swords crossed behind a shield. For a reasonable fee they'll sell you a ticket to Delmi." Elizabeth explained. "I'd show you myself." She began as she slung her backpack back across her shoulders. "But we're about to leave on a misson. There is a group of slavers bothering the local Zapiyans-and any Niobian who leaves town-so the Arlessa has put a bounty on their heads. Me and my group are off to eliminate them and collect said bounty." She regarded the pait with interest. "If you know the area well and are willing to help there's a cut of that bounty available." Elizabeth was normally good judge of character, and like Nick, she felt these two might have something to offer her Expedition.

Edited by Mikoto, 06 March 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#63 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Arlene had spent most of the walk between the cafe, Elizabeth's house and now their encounter with the old Hume man and the lycan woman chatting to Tevyn. She found the hybrid very interesting in more ways than one. Her clothing was light, green and protected her arms and lower legs from the denizens of the jungle. Her twin knives were special in their own way for the blades were laced with drugs. One blade was laced with a strong sedative that could put down a fully grown Hume male with ease. The other blade was laced with a venom from a local toad with only one known antivenom cure, which she carried in one of the pouches attached to her waist. It seemed practical to carry the antivenom in case she accidentally cut someone that she needed alive. The backpack that had originally been meant for her brother carried her medical kit and supplies for a long journey. Overall Arlene was looking forward to the action and excitement that slaver-hunting would bring. That she had an interesting man like Tevyn to travel with only made her more eager to get the journey underway. Nevertheless she was curious when Elizabeth offered the lycan and old man part of the cut if they would help her track down the slavers.

#64 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Demiriz listened as the older male explained that he and his young companion had spent....7 to 24 years?...studying a pyramid? The girl herself didn't look that old, but he didn't say anything about that, perhaps he wasn't remembering his times very well. What had gotten his attention was the mention of the pyramid.

"That pyramid was likely built by the Ariqun many, many years ago when they lived in them. And then that one was abandoned." He said. "There is a story I remember, it happened a very long time ago, a ship wrecked off the coast and its inhabitants were taken in by a Zapiyan tribe who had taken over the ruins around the pyramid. They interbred, becoming poets and philosophers."

"Oh, how interesting." Aveline said. Being a lycan, the young girl could have spent the last twenty-four years in a pyramid and still look as she did. "What do you know about the Ariqun?" She asked Demiriz.

"They are arrogant and close-minded." Demiriz said, his face reflecting his extreme dislike of the large, horned beasts. "They attempt to convert any race of people they encounter to their Quanar religion, and when that fails, they get violent and attempt to exterminate them. We Zapiyans, if we do not have the strength to kill them outright, will pretend to be interested until they appear to be ready to attack, and then we simply disappear to a safer place to live. It is how we survive. And why we who live in the jungle live in the trees. The Ariqun cannot get to us up there."

"Oh, yuck." Aveline said, making a face. "Why can't they just let everyone worship, or not, as it suits them?"

"Probably because they think their religion is the only one and any other is blasphemy." Tevyn put in. He had mostly been listening, and studying Arlene while they waited. He wasn't sure if the old professor would be up to another jungle jaunt, but the young girl probably was. However, he didn't say anything, because the old guy could be stronger than he looked.

"Precisely." Demiriz said. "They believe that their way is the only way and if others refuse to follow it, then they must be eliminated. I sincerely hope that they do not encounter Niobia. It would get very ugly."

#65 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,607 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

"Is this Niobia?" asked The Professor, looking around. "It was a half dozen shacks and a ferry dock when we arrived. It's grown quite a bit in seven years. Seven or so years."  He hummed and rubbed his chin, and then his attention turned to Demiriz. "Yes, young man, you are correct. The Waldentians have an epic poem which tells of their ancestors being stranded by a shipwreck and being taken in by the locals. Their culture of poetic philosophy evolved from their efforts to understand each other. Once one gets past their insistence on rhyming intransitive verbs in alternate stanzas, it appears to be a relatively accurate portrayal of historical fact." He blinked and turned back to Elizabeth. "Did you say slavers?"  

Frowning, Eru looked at Arjhay.  "Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Probably. Those slavers may have been responsible for the disappearances of Reknoz and Senood and the others. The Elders may have been wrong about them forming a trekabout pact. I knew something didn't seem right about that."  Arjhay opened his mouth to speak, but Eru turned to Elizabeth and said, "We'll go with you. We've been away from Delmi for twenty four years, so another couple of weeks won't matter. Those slavers may have some of our friends."

Arjhay nodded. "She took the words right out of my mouth," he said.  "Or put the words right into my mouth. Sometimes it's hard to be sure which. In any case, we would be delighted to accompany you and share what knowledge and experience we have acquired."

#66 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Time jump: A few hours later.

Time Stamp: 15:45

With Eru and Arjhay agreeing to join them on this mission, Elizabeth and her team of Explorers headed out into the jungle. The hours passed with Nick taking point using his criminal expertise to check the most likely places the slavers would hide out or use as a camp while they did their slave grabbing. Even now they were working their way along the coastline in hopes of finding their quarry...

Elizabeth was following Nick who was in the lead, occasionally hacking away at anything that impeded his passage along the game trail that loosely followed the coastline. She'd personally prefer that they walk along the beach only a few metres away but if they did find the slavers they might be spotted coming and lose the element of surprise. According to Nick it was very likely that the slavers had a ship berthed somewhere on the coast as a convenient method to store and transport the slaves. Therefore if they could find the ship, kill all the slavers aboard and sail it away it would leave any raiding parties without the means to continue their business. It was the best plan to go on so here they were, tracing their way along the coast looking for secluded coves where a ship could be hidden. Elizabeth adjusted the weight of her pack across her shoulders and took a sip of water as they paused for a breather. It was likely they'd have to camp overnight for there was a lot of coastline to search.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick called for a breather after a while of leading the group along the coastline. It had been a few hours of difficult travel and he was a little out of breath from hacking the odd obstacle out of the way. They'd been following a game trail for the most part and it had cut down on the hacking with a machete that jungle travel normally required. He drank from his flask and looked around. Everything seemed normal in the jungle surrounding them so he looked over at Aveline. "How are you holding up?" He asked her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arlene was glad when Nick called for a short break and unslung her backpack, setting it down next to a fallen log while she sat on said fallen log. She was used to jungle travel as she often made forays outside of Niobia in search of the unique ingredients for her drugs, medicines and venoms that could be found or extracted from the local flora and fauna. She even had a garden around the back of her house where she grew plants native to her homeland of Rivisia although she kept them strictly in a greenhouse to prevent them from spreading or pollinating any native plants as she had no idea what effect introducing foreign species could have on the local plant life. Arlene sipped from her own flask of water and stayed alert, listening to the familiar sounds of the jungle.

Edited by Mikoto, 08 March 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#67 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Aveline walked with Nick while he led them through the game trail in their search for the slaver's ship. She agreed that if they could grab the ship, killing any slavers aboard and sail it away, then it would put a big dent in their business. It also might be a good way to set a trap for any groups out trying to catch slaves, as they would bring them right back to where they could store them, namely on the ship.

She took sips from her water flask a few times as they trekked, then she stood with him as he called a halt so they could rest. She smiled up at him when he asked if she was all right. "I'm fine." She said. "I come from sturdy stock." She hadn't told him just how sturdy her great-great-grandfather was before he became human again. From the story passed down from the generations, he'd been turned vampire against his will and when the chance to be turned back presented itself he had jumped on it. If he hadn't, she probably wouldn't exist now, so she was grateful that he had.

Demiriz was happy to let Nick lead this expedition and he stayed near the rear of the group to watch for trouble there. He kept his eye on the old professor as they walked, hoping that he would be up to the journey, but he seemed to be holding up well. He didn't know what to think about him, though he hadn't had much contact with anyone other than other Zapiyans. Still, he had never met anyone so strange. He seemed to have a lot of knowledge of the pyramid tribe, and the tribes in general though and perhaps he could be of use to them. As it was, they might now be on a rescue mission.

When Nick called a halt, he found himself next to Elizabeth as she adjusted her pack and took a drink of water. "Are you all right?" He asked her. She was so small, but she carried herself well, even with the weight of a pack. "We will need to search for a campsite soon." He didn't think she would want to trek back to Niobia just to head out again in the morning, that would be inefficient.

As much as he would have liked to have found the slavers today, Tevyn had known that they wouldn't get that lucky. He had walked with Arlene and she seemed to be holding up well, possibly even better than Kylen had. When she sat on a fallen log once Nick called a rest he sat next to her and took a drink from his flask before regarding her. "You're doing well out here." He told her. "Looks like we'll be making camp soon. Hopefully we'll find their ship soon."

#68 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Having been mostly quiet during the long trek through the jungle and along the game trail somewhat inland from the coastline, Jhandra unbuckled and slid off the large packback as Nick called a rest period. They were definitely ready for some overnight camping supply-wise, and it seemed they'd be looking for the slavers into tomorrow. When not watching the area around them for possible danger, she'd been watching the newcomers to their group--the older man and the young woman who claimed to have been living in the jungle for the past twenty-four years.

But that wasn't what intrigued her the most. At some point when introductions had been made throughout the group, their names struck a memory from Jhandra's past. Well, not her own past but that of her family on her father's side. Although he was a plantation owner on Kukui now, one of the Salaran islands, her father was an Elviri originally from Delmi. The same place that the Professor and Eru were from. That wasn't so unusual, though, as Elizabeth was also from Delmi. What fascinated Jhandra was stories her father had told her of his grandmother, Makaela, and his great-grandmother, Tialyn. Both had been dragon rider guardians, partnering and riding the huge flying creatures that helped keep most of the world these days safe. She had heard stories involving people similar to the Professor and a female lycan named Eru.

It coudn't be, though, Jhandra thought. That was at least two hundred years ago. Perhaps they were descendants of those others.

The gray-skinned Salaran Elviri drank a long swallow of water then headed over to where the older man and young woman were taking their rest under the thick foliage of the jungle. "Excuse me," she said, "we haven't had a chance to talk much after meeting but I have a strange question for you." Jhandra hesitated. "My family...my father's family, actually, is from Delmi. Did either of you...well, did you have family there, back when the dragon riders were established? See, my father's grandmother, her name was Makaela, told him stories--and he told me--of her mother, Tialyn, who rode a dragon and of her father who ended up heading his own guardian unit."

Jhandra went on to say how she'd heard stories, from both her father and when she visited Delmi, of a dragon rider named Eru and a Professor Arjhay who contributed greatly to all the missions.

"Were they perhaps relatives of yours?" she asked.

#69 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Damien sat on his pack and leaned lazily against a tree, casually sprawled out and comfortable in his human skin. He'd remained in human form for this trek through the jungle because of the load he was carrying. And partly because of the new additions to their group. He let his shoulder-length hair down, poured some water over his head, and cooled off before tying his hair back behind him. His eyes followed Jhandra as she made her way to the young woman named Eru and the older professor.

Damien smiled slightly. He sensed Eru was a were, like himself, possibly wolf. She was sort of cute to look at, too--he found her clumsiness somewhat endearing after the initial worry had passed that she'd either hurt or kill herself or someone else. She seemed familiar with and capable in the jungle. He smiled when she briefly glanced over at him.

Spotting Rylan nearby, Damien nodded. "Seems we'll be spending the night in the great outdoors," he commented matter-of-factly. It wouldn't be the first time, nor the last. "Thanks to these damn slavers we're now chasing. And soon the jungle will be crawling with hunters."

Damien hadn't been thrilled with the Arlessa putting out a bounty on the slavers; but at least their group had a head start.

#70 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Elizabeth smiled at Demiriz as she unslung her backpack and set it against the base of a tree then flexed her shoulder muscles to loosen them. "I'm all right." She replied. "I just don't normally carry so much kit when I'm out in the judgle." She explained and nodded to acknowledge his point about making camp soon. "Yeah, I'll ask Nick to be on the lookout for a good place to camp whilst pathfinding. I'll be looking out for a place anyway since I estimate we have about an hour of decent travel time left before it starts to get dark." Nick however had overheard her and inclined his head slightly. "No problem." She gave him a grateful look and continued to sip out of her flask. " I've been thinking. We have a bigger advantage than I thought over the competition. It would have taken a few hours at least for the Arlessa to draw up the bounty and even longer for messengers to put up posters of it. It'll be evening before anyone else will even know about it. By then it'll be too late to leave Niobia. Only an idiot travels the jungle at night." Her smile widened. "If my guess is right, we have half a day's advantage over anyone else." Elizabeth stopped smiling however as she began to realise something wasn't quite right. She looked around, trying to figure out what it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick had also ditched his backpack and had taken to idly leaning against a tree trunk whilst talking to Aveline. He'd had little doubt that she was handling the trek well but it didn't hurt to ask. He rather liked that she came from 'sturdy stock' and smiled when he gave that answer. "Good to know." He said with a slightly hint of mischief in his voice. When he overheard Elizabeth telling Demiriz she'd have him look for a good place to camp once they set off he incliend his head toward her and told her it would be no problem. "She's right. We have about an hour of travel time left. Still, if I find a good place to camp we'll stop there and then. In a place like this its important to find a good spot to settle for the night." Because Nick was a sailor and had spent most of his life at sea, he didn't percieve that anything was wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arlene couldn't help but give a pleased grin when Tevyn sat down next to her on the fallen log. "I was always the little adventurer in our family." She said with an amused chuckle. "Forever climbing trees, getting into scrapes, having fun. That continued in university as I joined the dual wielding blade sports team." It was unfortunate that her brother had been the one contacted for the job with Voyager for she was the more suitable one. Stil, it had only been one excursion and the problem was corrected now. "In this case though, I often make trips into the jungle to collect the herbs or ingredients for my medications or toxins. Though those trips never last for more than a few hours...." Arlene trailed off suddenly and looked around sharply. "Do you hear that?" She asked seriously. "The jungle has gone completely quiet. No birds, insects or anything." Her hands dropped to the handles of her twin blades.

#71 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

"You are a strong female, for your size." Demiriz said to Elizabeth. "But if you are not accustomed to carrying that much, I can carry some of it for you." He offered. It wouldn't do for her to be carrying more than she needed to out here and then pass out on them. Then he glanced up and frowned about the same time that she did. "Something is wrong." He said quietly. "It is too quiet." When animals all go quiet, danger is near. He reached for his bow and climbed a nearby tree to look around and have a wider range of sight.

Aveline got a mischievous look on her face when Nick told her it was good to know she came from sturdy stock, and then said Elizabeth was ready to find a good camping spot. "Well, maybe I'll tell you about it when we've settled for the night." She said. "There's an interesting story about my great-great grandfather." Then she noticed that Elizabeth and Damien were both alert and looking around, and Arlene was reaching for her knives, and she noticed the quiet. "Something's wrong." She told Nick, "It's gone quiet out there." She then reached for her gun that she kept in her belt.

"Well, one does need to have an adventuring spirit to trek in the jungle." Tevyn said, pleased to hear that Arlene had that spirit. Just as he was going to ask her about herself, she glanced around warily and reached for her knives when the jungle went quiet. He listened to the quiet as well and reached for his bow and stood, noticing that Demiriz had disappeared up a tree to have a look around. "You're right, something's wrong." He said.

#72 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Damien sat up straight from the tree when a strange feeling overcame him. It has been merely a tingle when he sensed that Eru was a were-creature, but now his whole body vibrated. The jungle had grown quiet around them, and the rest of the group had begun noticing that fact when Damien was hit with a realization throughout his body and mind.

He rose to his feet, swinging his cross bow around front and making sure his sword was handy. "Elizabeth! Were-creatures approaching!" he called out. "Don't know what but they are definitely shapechangers."

Depending on what was coming, he would fight as human, humanoid tiger, or full tiger...but Damien couldn't make that determination yet.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 09 March 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#73 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,607 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Jhandra went on to say how she'd heard stories, from both her father and when she visited Delmi, of a dragon rider named Eru and a Professor Arjhay who contributed greatly to all the missions.

"Were they perhaps relatives of yours?" she asked.

"Well, Good Heavens!" replied the Professor. "A great grandchild of our own beloved Tialyn and little Makaela.  What a small world this big world is. No, my dear, not relatives. We knew both of your ancestors very well, and I could tell you some stories about them, believe me.  It would take a while to explain, but myself and my comely bodyguard have a tendency to persist. In biological terms. As individuals, I mean."  

With a gasp of surprise, Eru put her hand to her mouth.  "You're related to Tialyn and Makaela? Tialyn was a such a dear friend of mine and Makaela was like a little sister-- Wait!"  A fraction of a second before Damien shouted his warning, Eru sensed it too and leaped to her feet.  "Lycans!"

#74 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Demiriz half-listened as first Damien, and then Eru, warned of the approach of Lycans. It was at the same time that he heard the familiar slithering sound that could only be one thing, and he called down to Elizabeth. "It's snakes, big ones, in the trees!" He called down. He then readied his bow and aimed at another tree, where the rustling was clearly visible and fired.

Tevyn blinked when Eru and Damien both warned of Lycans and then Demiriz announced large snakes bearing down on them in the trees. He grumbled irritably and pulled a silver-tipped arrow from his quiver even as he looked up in the trees, trying to see where the snakes were at.

"Oh crap, Lycans...snakes?" Aveline quickly unloaded her gun and pulled some special silver-tipped ones out of her pocket and quickly reloaded. She then watched the trees warily, even as she could hear the rustling now, and she saw Demiriz shooting into another tree. "I hate feral Lycans... and snakes."

#75 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Rylan was alert to the changes in the jungle and soon realised something was wrong when an eerie silence descended upon them. He didn't have the enhanced senses of Eru or Damien so he couldn't tell what the danger was but was able to react to it when it was named.

As his hand dipped in to a pocket solely for silver coated bullets and went through the familiar motions of loading his pistol he wondered if they'd actually fire. The bullets (he only had 6) were all purchased around 4 years ago when somebody warned him that were-creatures were a possibility. He'd never actually fired them.

He couldn't afford to miss so he kept his cool and waited for a clean shot.

#76 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Elizabeth immediately unslung her hunting rifle when Damien and Eru warned them that some form of lycan was approaching moments after Demiriz had confirmed something was wrong. She thanked her lucky stars that she'd brought silver bullets as she loaded them into her rifle and prepared to fire. Shortly after arriving in Niobia she had approached one of the Dragonrider Guardians in hopes that he might be persuaded to help her map the lands in his free time-for a reasonable fee since flying was much quicker than going on foot. Unfortunately he'd said no-but had advised her to invest in silver bullets and weapons if she were going to be going out into the jungle. Now she was glad that she had. When Demiriz called out that snakes were approaching she frowned. Weresnakes?

She'd never heard of that. Soon Elizabeth heard the slithering and looked up into the trees. She spotted one slithering along a broad branch towards her. It was the size of the average Hume male and built much like a snake. It did have some Hume features in the form of very narrow shoulders and stubby arms and legs. The claws on each stubby, stunted finger and toe didn't look too long but she didn't want to be sliced by one nevertheless. It was the fangs and the brightly coloured scales that concerned Elizabeth for that meant that they were venomous. She raised her rifle and got the weresnake in her sights and fired once. Her aim was good as the bullet tore through it's head and the body dropped to the ground. But more were coming. She could hear them all around her.

#77 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Demiriz didn't have silver weapons on him, but his tribe had dealt with feral werecreatures before and he knew to aim for the head or heart of the beast and that would kill it. Since he wasn't sure exactly where the heart was on these snakes, he aimed for the head instead, and the snake he shot fell and hit the ground with a rather loud thump. He then glanced around, as the slithering was coming from all directions now. As soon as he could see the head of the next snake, he took aim with his bow and fired again.

Tevyn knew that he would have to make every shot count since he didn't have an endless supply of silver-tipped arrows. When he saw the first of the misshapen reptiles, which looked more like huge, deformed, brightly-colored lizards, he aimed for it and let the arrow fly, watching as that one crumpled to the ground. But there were still a whole lot of them approaching, so he readied his bow again and listened to the rustling growing louder.

"Snakes...lizards...lizard-human weres..." Aveline said as she shot the first one that poked its head out of a tree. "What'll they think of next?" She wasn't exactly terrified of snakes, but they weren't exactly her favorite animal either. That went to puppies and kittens, something she couldn't allow herself to have right now, as she knew she could never take care of one the way it should be. But as soon as she could get a life on land...well, she'd have to find out if Nick liked dogs and cats too, before deciding to get any.

#78 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Jhandra hadn't finished processing the amazing fact that this Professor and Eru were the very same that her father's family had actually known when the warning of the attack rolled across their group. It was occuring to Jhandra that the Professor meant he and Eru were over two hundred years old when she had to push those thoughts away and focus on fighting for her life. She withdrew her sword dipped in silver and another knife. She would use her gun if necessary.

When one of the weresnakes tried to drop on her from a branch, Jhandra only had time to raise her hand and give rise to the small psionic flame that she could generate from her palm. She held it to the snake creatures face while she ducked out of the way, then whirled and swung her sword. The weresnake's head rolled off into the foliage of the jungle and the body thudded to the ground. She turned to continue fighting.

#79 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

There were too many weresnakes for Damien to risk wasting and losing his arrows, so he dumped his weapons and shed his clothes. The fighting was fierce enough that no one noticed, and he took his full tiger form quickly. With a roar, he leaped up in mid-air to catch a weresnake that was slithering along a low branch. His huge jaws closed around its neck, thick fangs biting down into the reptilian flesh. As he landed with a thud on heavy paw pads, Damien shook the werensnake until it died. He spit it out of his mouth and turned his tiger's body around, ready for the next one.

#80 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,607 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

As a writhing mass of hissing Were-Snakes coiled down from the treetops, The Professor carefully put aside his canteen and picked up his walking stick from where he had left it, leaning against the fallen log on which he sat. "I haven't seen a Lycan snake since that incident in Morrostono during the year of the orange eclipse. Nervy of those priests to want to drop us into the pit."  A fanged and scaly head lunged at him and he cracked it open with a sharp rap of the silver wolf's head on the cane.  

The treetops began to rustle ominously and Eru started to pull off her shirt, but a rough tube of solid muscle curled around her before she had time.  She immediately transformed into her Werewolf self, bursting her clothes apart and breaking the ribs and spine of the monstrous Lycan snake. "There goes my best worsted shirt!" she growled, grabbing another giant snake and smashing him against a tree.

Edited by RJDiogenes, 11 March 2013 - 07:36 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users