• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic

#41 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Lumiere smiled at Kaytee indicated to the female one of the uniformed police officers that had accompanied them from the spaceport. "Officer Veras here will take you back to the spaceport where you can study one of our standard cargo vessels." Officer Veras, a young Celestrian female with bright green eyes and light red hair nodded. "I'd be happy to show you." She confirmed. Lumiere then turned to Jessamine. "I can take you to the library." She agreed. "You can study our history and culture there at least, but certain topics won't be available to you." By that, Lumiere mostly meant military and classified information.

#42 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Catherine followed Solaria down the main corridor into the council building into a central chamber. Seated at a large table in the middle were two other Celestrians, one male, one female, both seemingly in their mid thirties. "This is Councellor Drakon and over there is Counsellor Kelsi." Solaris introduced them. She took a seat next to them and gestured for Cath, Josh, Lex, Daze and Dawn to sit opposite them at the table. Cath was happy to sit down and carefully hid a smile when Dawn sat one side of her and Josh sat the other.

She stretched her legs out under the table comfortably and unfolded the Charter document on the table in front of her. "First." Kelsi began. "Let's get the Charter signed. We didn't invite you all this way to say no." Cath slid the document across to her and Kelsi signed it, followed by Drakon, then Solaria who slid it back across to her. "Thank you." She inclined her head respectfully to the Celestrians. "Together we can do more against the magog than separately." Solaria nodded.

"Yes, we believe that too. You and Captain Hunt have managed to pull together several different races into a united front in a remarkably short amount of time. As I'm sure Lumiere has indicated, that you have a solar avatar aiding you means they must think you can help us win." She turned her attention to Daze. "May we know which star you are?" She asked respectfully. Daze paused for a moment and smiled. "I am Sol, and humanity-and all it's various offshoots are my children." Cath blinked in astonishment. "Sol? As in Earth's star?" She asked. "Yes." Daze's smile widened. "I'm quite fond of humanity."

#43 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

"I am Sol, and humanity-and all it's various offshoots are my children."

To say that Josh was astounded was an understatement. When Cath asked if he meant Earth's star and he affirmed, Josh could only stare. Their star, their sun, was sentient? Not only that, all of humanity was his children? He sat back as Cath folded the document that had just been signed and put it away. It was going to take time to assimilate that knowledge, but if they were all his children, then he had a vested interest in helping them get rid of SotA. It was no wonder he had the knowledge to save Kaytee. And the many ways he'd subtly guided them.

Lex sat quietly as the charter was signed and passed back to Catherine. When Daze admitted to being Sol, it didn't surprise him at all, with humanity, his children, being threatened by SotA it was natural that he would do something to aid them. Now the Celestrians would be taking part in that battle and he couldn't be more pleased. It had been his opinion for a long time that they needed to spread out more and deal with the other species out there, and now they had that chance. Once SotA was dealt with, they could open trade with other races and learn more about them than what little they could gather by sending out people like him to quietly observe.

Kaytee went with Officer Veras as he guided her to one of the cargo vessels. While she'd have loved to study a military vessel, she understood and the cargo vessel would still give her invaluable information.

As they walked along, her thoughts invariably turned to Daze and what he had told her about himself. That he was actually Sol, Earth's sun, and that all of humanity were his children. That had really taken her aback for a bit, but then she'd accepted it as part of him, just like everything else. She now knew why he was helping them and she was glad he was, rather than leaving them to flounder and try to deal with it on their own.

Once they reached the ship, she smiled and thanked Officer Veras, who stayed to watch over her while she started exploring the ship.

#44 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Jessamine gave an agreeable nod to Lumiere. She'd be fine with studying the history and culture. There were always some hints to deeper secrets in the history books of any society. But mostly she wanted to learn about this planet and it's people in general. It never hurt to be well-educated about whatever she could...Jessa never knew when she'd have need of information to get her in or out of some sort of situation.

"Sounds fine to me," she said to the Celestrian. "Lead on to the library then. I'm right behind you."

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 18 March 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#45 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Lumiere nodded and led Jessamine on a leisurely walk down several streets before they finally arrived at the steps to a large, expansive library. "We have had quite an isolated history, dating back a very long time." She explained as they walked up the steps. "Our creators formed this system and deposited us on this world, teaching us the basics of a very primitive civilisation level then left us to develop on our own. They only revealed themselves to us when we had advanced to a certain level. Since then they've spoken to us but don't influence our culture." She led the way into the expansive library and stopped in the lobby. "We have physical paper books or the entire library is on a computer database. Which format would you prefer to view them in?" She asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze smiled brightly at the astonished expression on Cath, Dawn and Josh's faces. And the surprise mirrored in the eyes of the Celestrians. "Not that I created humanity." He added. "Oh I provided Earth in a comfortable habitable zone and burned steadily to provide a stable environment. I had a previous avatar even sow the chemical seeds that led to life forming but alas I had no hand in the spark of life and subsequent evolution of your species." He smiled fondly as he remembered the thousands of years since humanity had first evolved.

"I guided humanity through its early stages and shot a solar flare or two at any passing aliens that threatened you." Then his smile widened. "I'm proud though, humanity has done so well and now you're going to help sort out the Abyss. But, I think the Celestrians have something important to tell you." Solaria cleared her throat and returned her attention to Catherine and Josh. "We want to give you the slipstream route to Tarn Vedra." She said. "We've flown it and tried to talk them into joining us but they're pretty stubborn. Perhaps you could try?" She suggested.

Edited by Mikoto, 19 March 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#46 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Jessamine was defintely impressed by the massive and beautiful library as Lumiere and she approached. It was interesting to hear about the Celestrian talk of her people's creators. Like the genetically created and modified Nietzscheans, most of whom revered their creators, Paul and Drago Musevini, the Celestrians knew their creators as well. There was no mystery of the history of their creation. Jessa could appreciate that.

She took off her sunglasses, but left her hat on, and turned to Lumiere as they reached the lobby. "I think the computer database, please," she said. "It's much more fun to see history in holograms and to search quickly than to slog through paper books."

Suddenly a familiar figure entered behind them, blocking the sun for a moment. "Oh!" Jessa exclaimed. "You followed me?" she asked with a frown, ignoring the flutter in her stomach.

Eli slipped his sunglasses on top of his head. He thought the tone of Jessa's voice wasn't as hostile as she seemed to be acting. "Actually, I'm guarding you," he replied, trying not to smile. He turned to Lumiere. "It's my job as a High Guard lancer," he said seriously.

Jessa made a disbelieving noise but turned away. "Just don't get in the way and don't bother me," she insisted. "Now, the computer database?" she asked Lumiere, her smile for the Celestrian only.

#47 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Cori woke up still tired but most definitely ready to explore a new planet. He didn't have to look far to find Erica who had clearly decided that it was no longer time for sleep. He hauled himself from his very comfy place and grinned at Erica, he looked seriously in to her eyes which sparkled with excitement, "Foooooooooooooooooooooooooood" he moaned. Without giving her a choice he took her down the ramp and on to the surface of the planet. "Do we need a guide?" He asked Erica. "We are after all particularly accomplished at getting lost whatever the circumstances.".

#48 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Erica laughed as Cori dragged her down the ramp of the 'Hawk. She'd been this close to pouncing on him in impatience...she only had so much of the precious commodity in her...when he woke up starving. They hurried toward the air van.

"Food sounds divine," she answered excitedly. "You know I can always eat something!" As the air van took off, she mused, "I wonder if Celestrians eat ice cream?"

Cori directed the driver to take them to the center of the city. Erica put her hand on his shoulder and peeked back at the cargo ship. The lancer who'd flown the 'Hawk this time was standing at the base of the ramp. "Oh, oops, I think we were supposed to take Evans with us," she laughed. "Oh, well, he'll be fine by himself."

In response to Cori's comment that they were accomplished at getting lost no matter what, Erica grinned. It was true.

"Wait! Let's stop here," she said suddenly. "Driver, stop!" she commanded. "What is this?" she asked, staring out at a huge area as far as the eye could see, with music blaring, stalls and booths set up, crowds of people walking around, and a domed building in the distance.

The air van halted slowly then lowered to the ground. "It's a yearly Celestrian gathering, Miss...it's for...," the driver began but was interrupted.

"Oh, Cori, let's go! Please," Erica said, her bright green eyes shining. "It looks so exciting."

#49 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Lumiere regarded Eli has he followed them into the library and announced that he was to guard Jessamine. She suppose she couldn't blame the captain for assigning soldiers to protect her crew but truly they weren't in any danger on Celestria. Not with the Intelligence Agency discreetly watching and acting as security in case one of the few criminal elements in society tried anything. She returned her attention to the Nietzschean female and returned the smile. "Of course." She lead the way over to one of the computers set around a large desk. There were a few curious glances from the Celestrians operating some of the computers as Lumiere had Jessamine sit down at one of the computers and set it up for her, thoughtfully translating the text from Celestrian to Common. Lex had been most helpful in collecting data on the verbal and written languages of the rest of the galaxy from Path's archives. "There you go." She said when she was done. "I'll get you some snacks whilst you work." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine was astonished all over again when Solaria announced that the Celestrians had found a slipstream route to Tarn Vedra and had even had contact with the Vedrans-and that they had stubbornly refused to come out of isolation and help the rest of the known worlds. It seemed selfish for them to lock themselves away and let the rest of the known worlds get eaten by the magog. "Well, we can try." She agreed although she wasn't sure that she could convince them to join short of finding a way to restore more slipstream routes to Tarn Vedra then make it known to everyone so they were in as much danger as anyone else. Still, negotiation couldn't hurt. But if Cath were honest a part of her simply wanted to go and see the legendary Vedrans and their homeworld. "Excellent." Solaria slid a flexi across the table to her.

"Those are three slipstream routes we've charted. I hope your pilot is skilled." She remarked. "He is." Cath stated confidently. She took the flexi and studied it briefly. "That concludes out official meeting." Solaria continued. "You and your crew are welcome guests on Celestria if you'd care to stay for a short break." Catherine smiled and glanced at Josh briefly before returning her attention to the council. "We'd appreciate that, perhaps for three nights? I know my crew will be grateful for the downtime and the chance to explore." Solaria nodded. "We'll instruct one of the hotels in the city to provide rooms for you. Enjoy the hospitality of Celestria." Happily Cath stood and stretched her back a little. "Thank you." A meal and somewhere comfortable to relax sounded very appealing to her right about now.

#50 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

"Oh, Cori, let's go! Please," Erica said, her bright green eyes shining. "It looks so exciting."

After checking that their presence wouldn't cause offense and that there would most certainly be all sorts of local food they could try Cori requested that their driver put them down as near as possible to the festival which wasn't all that close as it was heaving. Cori and Erica had to weave in and out of crowds of people just to get to the first stalls which. Thankfully enough were food stalls and even better than that every one was giving out free samples as part of the local tradition. Weaving through the stalls and sampling all the different foods was a treat enough but there were organised street dances with hundreds of celestrians dancing to their music perfectly in time. Acrobats were performing stunts, flips and tricks right over the crowd with such skill and precision that you had never seen. A small flight of light aircraft were performing traditional air displays and acrobatics stunts the likes of which Cori had only ever read about. For all his gawping Cori didn't notice that they were attracting enough curiosity themselves. Apart from the rest of the crew who were on their own business and not here he guessed he and Erica were the only none-celestrian people on planet. As they moved throughout the crowed they stopped towards another dance group. With a grin on his face the lead dancer looked straight at Cori and Erica and beckoned them over. Cori turned to Erica with a mischievous grin, "How close do you want to get to the local culture?" he asked.

#51 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Everything at the Celestrian festival had been so different and exciting that Erica had barely spoken...a rare occurrence indeed...beyond saying "yes" and "thank you" when the vendors handed them samples of this food or that drink. Cori held her free hand...the other contained some sort of cooked meat on a stick...as they wandered and watched. The dancers, especially, were amazing.

"What? Huh?" Erica answered Cori. Then she followed his gaze to where the leader of a group of dancers was grinning at them and beckoning. "Oh!"

She watched for a moment as their tails did some rather intricate moves, then laughed and gave her slim hips a little shake. "Well, we don't have tails, but I bet we could pick up the other moves." she answered. "Let's get dancing!"

With that Erica handed her meat stick to some stranger, then pulled Cori into the middle of the group. The lead dancer nodded approvingly. Erica noticed the other women had their hair down so she let her long red hair out of it's ponytail and shook her head. Without realizing she had been focusing on the dancers' costumes, her hair nanos turned the stripes in her hair to those colors. The lead dancer put them together in the second row so they could learn the steps, although when the dancers turned, Cori and Erica would be in the front.

Erica noticed several of the male dancers had one ear pierced in various locations. "You ever think about getting your ear pierced?" she shouted to her boyfriend as they began to follow the dance moves.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 24 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#52 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Jessamine was impressed with the Celestrian library's computer set up as Lumiere settled her down and kindly offered to provide snacks. She thanked Lex's mate as the woman departed, then studied the computer system for a moment.

"I think that green button gets you started," a voice came from behind her.

Jessa scowled. She'd nearly forgotten about Eli behind her. If he wasn't going to ask her out, he had no right to be following along...or in his excuse, guarding her.

"I'm quite capable of beginning," she answered frostily, tapping the correct button on the console.

Eli grinned and sat back in his rolling chair. He hoped Lumiere brought enough snacks for two, it was hungry work admiring Jessamine Desmarais as she'd walked and now sat.

"Just trying to help," Eli answered, trying to keep his voice serious. He was still trying to gauge whether or not the red headed woman would actually go out with him if he asked, although he thought she would. For some reason it was important that she not refuse him if he put the offer on the table; whereas normally he didn't care.

"You could help by moving further way and not breathing down my neck," Jessa huffed. Suddenly there was a male presence right behind her, warm breath on her neck and the most intoxicating male scent she'd ever been close to.

"Like this?" Eli asked.

Jessamine frowned and spun in her chair. She tried to shove Eli away, realizing in the back of her mind she was creating a spectacle in a place where she ought to be quiet. Their Captain really wouldn't approve if there was a fist fight between two of her people in the library. But he was just so infuriating, she couldn't help it. When he gripped the arms of her chair and didn't move, Jessa growled. She tried to ignore the fact that their legs were almost intertwined the way they sat. "You don't get to be this close to me. So back off and shut up. Or better yet just leave entirely."

"Can I be this close to you if we're on a date?" Eli blurted out. He really wanted to kiss the woman in front of him and was afraid he was too close to giving in. Without permission, he knew he'd be at least somewhat physically hurt afterwards, despite his cyborg enhancements. He'd never use them against Jessa.

"Wha..?..I...you...," Jessa stammered suddenly. To say she was stunned would be an understatement. "Are...are you asking me out right now?" she said suspiciously.

"Are you saying yes?" Eli countered.

"No, you first," Jessa ordered, not realizing she was leaning toward Eli and staring into his handsome green eyes.

Eli nodded, wanting his hands in her gorgeous hair. "Then yes."

Jessa stared for a moment. "Me, too. I mean, yes."

The chemistry between them was too powerful, and they stared for a moment. Everything around them disappeared as they leaned toward each other. A kiss was definitely in the near future...

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 24 March 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#53 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

...And just at that moment Lumiere returned with a tray loaded with snacks. "I found a range of snacks that you should find......" She stopped and regarded the pair who seemed on the verge of a kiss. She then realised that she'd interrupted an obscure courting ritual. She had no idea other races did their courting in libraries of all places. She cleared her throat and rearranged her thoughts. "Perhaps you'd like to go to the hotel so you may continue your mating ritual in private?" She asked. She'd been alerted via her bracer from Lex that the crew would be staying on Celestria for another three days. "Your captain has just agreed to a three day break here so you can come to the library tomorrow. Or partake in the New Years Festival we're currently celebrating." She suggested helpfully.

#54 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Lex smiled once all the formalities were over with. "If you aren't too tired there's a New Year's festival going on. There's food, games, dancing, aerial shows. And at night there's fireworks and acrobatic performances. The festival usually goes for about three days and it's just getting started. If you'd rather rest up first I can show you to your hotel." He said. He didn't know how tired Catherine was, but he would understand if she wanted to rest first.

Josh reached around and rubbed Cath's back while he listened to Lex. The festival did sound fun, but if Cath wanted to rest first, it would be fine with him. "It's up to you." He said.

Kaytee was so preoccupied with studying the Celestrian freighter that she glanced down in surprise when her stomach growled. She then checked the time and saw that she had been several hours and now her body was telling her that it wanted food. Heading out of the spaceport, she followed the sound of partying and saw a big festival going on and her nose twitched when she smelled food. She had started to become more outgoing since she and Daze had become lovers. She now pushed her way through the crowd, being careful not to stick anyone with her spurs. Once reaching the stalls, she was surprised at the amount of food and the vendors eager to have her try their wares with free samples. After sampling a few things, she ended up buying some of all of it, then, curious, she worked her way to the dancers and chuckled when she saw Cori and Erica dancing with the dancers. She shook her head when one of the dancers motioned to her, preferring to watch and feed herself for the moment while she waited for Daze, knowing he would find her when he was finished with what he was doing.

#55 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

When Jessamine jerked away from him at the sound of Lumiere's voice, Eli half grinned and half grimaced. He'd been so close!

" 'Mating ritual'?" he heard the red-headed Nietzschean gasp as she stared at a calm-looking Lumiere. "No, you see..," she began, trying to whisper and not garner more attention than they had. The inhabitants of the library were not likely to forget the two of them.

Eli interrupted as the Celestrian's words sunk in. "Three days?" he repeated. "We're staying for three days?" When Lumiere nodded, Eli laughed deeply. He turned to Jessa, "Imagine, a three-day date," he announced confidently, sure of himself now that he'd gotten the gorgeous woman to say yes.

"What? No!" Jessa exclaimed. "You can't be serious? That's ridiculous to even think about!"

But while Jessa's intellectual mind was insisting that, no, this wasn't a good idea at all...her Nietzschean genes were screaming yes to be combined with the man that they had apparently chosen as worthy of more than her casual attention. Little did Jessa know she'd met her match in so many ways.

Eli received the hotel information from Lumiere, folded up the large cloth containing the snacks, and pulled his sunglasses back down over his eyes. With his dark, slightly unkempt hair and five o'clock shadow, he made a dangerous and exciting appearance. "She'll be back to do her studying," he promised. "Sorry if we inconvenienced you at all. However, this...we...well, you know."

And with that Eli nearly dragged a speechless Jessamine out of the library. Only it wasn't so much dragging as her pushing him along, seemingly to her own surprise. He hailed an air taxi to take them the short distance to the hotel where rooms were already reserved for them. He'd take Jessa to whichever of their rooms was the closest. It was to his surprise suddenly when he felt soft lips on his and strong arms pushing him back against the seat.

"It won't take but another five minutes to get to the hotel," the voice of the air taxi driver drifted to the back. He sounded amused and puzzled at the same time.

Eli stared at Jessa as she stared at him, after detaching from his lips. At first her expression was one of embarrassment, then she burst out laughing and leaned back against the seat. He grinned and shook his head, throwing an arm around her shoulders.

#56 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Catherine only thought for a moment as Josh obligingly rubbed her back. He always seemed to know just when she needed it and was eternally grateful. "I'd love to go to the festival." She answered with a smile. "We might have to leave a bit early if I get tired but that's a few hours away yet." She saw Solaria smile approvingly at them. "We're heading the Festival ourselves now the business has concluded. You're welcome to ride with us." Cath nodded and accepted the offer, so the group and the council members rode together in a limosine air-car to the festival grounds. The sun was just beginning to set and the aircraft formations in the sky were dazzling as their hulls reflected the suns rays. Definately not up for dancing like most of the Celestrian participants were, Cath made her way over to one of the food booths and sat down at one of the tables there where she had a fine view of a troupe of acrobats preparing to begin a show on a raised stage. Almost the moment she sat down a food of plate was set down on the table in front of her and a male Celestrian smiled brightly at her. "Don't worry, it's on the house-for both of you." He indicated another plate of food he was holding for Josh. Cath's expression was happy as she thanked the Celestrian for the food and began tucking in. As ever, Dawn took up a watchful position nearby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lumiere tried to hide her amused expression until after Jessamine and Eli were taken to their air car to be flown to the hotel. Then she chuckled and sent a message to Lex via her Bracer that she was going to the New Year's Festival and that he could find her near the acrobat's stage on the festival grounds. She hoped that his business wouldn't last much longer and they could enjoy the evening. The children were with their grandparents for the evening so they were well taken care of. A short air car ride later and she was where she promised to be. She could see that Catherine and Josh had decided to participate and nodded to them politely as she got some snacks from another food booth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After accompanying the Council, Cath and the others to the festival Daze went to find Kaytee. He knew that the captain, her mate and the android would be perfectly safe. Crime was fairly now on Celestria and they were being most attentitively guarded by the Intelligence Service no matter where they went. The probabilities indicated that trouble during their three-day stay was very unlikely. With that concern put aside he used his perception of the probabilities to effortlessly locate Kaytee near a group of dancers. "Good evening." He greeted her with a warm and genuine smile. "Have you been enjoying yourself?" He asked.

#57 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Josh was happy to go to the festivities with the Celestrian council, even if it would be cut short when Cath would need to leave. If they go for three days, then he could catch more the next day. He smiled when they arrived and threaded their way through the crowd until they found a table near the food stalls, and were promptly handed plates of food. "Thank you." He said to the Celestrian politely, before sitting down and tucking into his food. "It's very good." He said, sitting back to enjoy the acrobatics.

Lex acknowledged Lumiere's message when he received it, then when everything had been decided, he went to his own vehicle and headed for the festival. The streets had been closed off all around it, to give everyone plenty of room. He made his way through the crowd, passing Cath and Josh sampling some of the local cuisine and found Lumiere exactly where she said she would be, and gave her a snuggle when he reached her. "I take it things went well with the others?" He asked, snagging a snack on a stick from a nearby vendor handing out smples.

"Good evening." Kaytee returned Daze's affectionate greeting just as she finished the food she'd bought. "Yes, I'm having a good time watching Erica and Cori." She pointed at them in the middle of the dancers, chuckling at the way they almost, but not quite, were able to duplicate the movements. "I don't think I could do it even as well as they can." She said as she gave him a snuggle.

#58 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

As Cori twirled and flipped her almost in unison with the other dancers, Erica spotted Kaytee and Daze and waved the best she could. She was glad to see them here and hoped the others had come as well. Apparently the meeting was over, and Cath had let everyone have some extra time off.

As her brains were shaken up slightly, Erica wondered how much longer they would have here. Night was coming and there was still so much to see here at the festival and around Celestria itself!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 26 March 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#59 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

The hotel the Path's crew had been assigned to was of high quality, but Eli hardly noticed it he checked himself and Jessamine in. Actually all that entailed was being seen by the desk clerk and immediately met by a Celestrian employee who greeted them and handed them two room key cards. He had them lay their palms on a small, portable screen to code their hand prints to their doors as well.

When he offered to show them to their floor, Eli shook his head. "We'll find it," he nearly growled. Damn if he couldn't feel the hormones pouring off the redheaded Nietzschean next to him, although she was standing perfectly still. It seemed as though he was going to jump right out of his skin.

It was a foregone conclusion as to what was going to happen next. Even Jessamine had accepted...and indeed was now encouraging...that fact. Eli felt a hand creep to his thigh and rest there. His eyes opened wide but he remained stoically still as Jessamine pretended she was innocent.

"So, we'll just be going now," he said hurriedly, brushing past the hotel employee.

"But there's a New Year's celebration going on," the employee said hurriedly. It was the highlight of the next three days, and he wanted the special guests of the government to enjoy the best of Celestria.

"Yeah, uh, maybe later," Eli murmured as Jessamine pushed him forward.

"Much later," Jessa nodded.

As the doors to the elevator closed, lips met in a frenzy...

When the elevator doors opened there was no one in the hallway, which saved the pair some embarrassment, although Eli swore he heard the near silent hum of a security camera moving. Oh well, it was just a kiss. A kiss that was still occurring, and continued as he scooped Jessamine into his arms. He nearly dropped her when he had to place his palm on the door, and she shrieked as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

As the door slid closed behind them, the Do Not Disturb light blinked on.

A female voice from inside said, "I'm going to need lots of food, pie would be good to start with...," before it was cut off...

#60 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Timejump: The following morning.

Time stamp: 8:03 am

The various different members of the 'shore party' had remained at the Festival for varying amounts of time. Cath retired to the hotel with Josh after a couple of hours. But eventually when the festival closed until morning at 1 am everyone had eventually gone to bed. But the crew had been invited back to the Festival in the morning for breakfast, snacks and amusement park style rides and activities as well as a non-animal circus if they wished to see it...

Cath swatted the alarm clock that roused her from her sleep regardless of how soothing the chime-sounds it gave were. There was a thump as it tumbled off the bedside table and hit the floor where it chimed no more. Stubbornly she shifted back into a comfortable position against Josh, determined to go back to sleep. She did have presence of mind to ensure that if he wanted to get up and go to the festival, he could without disturbing her much. There was no way she was getting up. Well, if a magog popped through the doorway she might. But for anything less dire than a magog she was not moving out of her warm comfortable bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn had opted to spend the night sitting in the living room area of the hotel suite that Cath and Josh had been given, hooked up to a power socket via an adapter to recharge whilst in sleep mode. The sound of what her sensors calculated was an alarm clock being swatted to the floor along with a faint grumble caused her to come out of sleep mode and open her eyes. The avatar smiled slightly in amusement. It looked like the captain wouldn't be getting up for a while yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze woke without the need of an alarm clock. He yawned and stretched but was in little hurry to get up from where he was comfortably snuggled up to Kaytee. However he knew that there was a day of fun at the festival or from examining more Celestrian ships ahead of her and he didn't want her to miss that. There was also the possibility of meeting the solar avatar of the sun that lit up Celestria and from whom he had borrowed a DNA sample off to model his own solar avatar after. If they had 'mothers' she would be it. "Good morning." He said sleepily after the alarm clock woke Kaytee up.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users