• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Drone stike.  How hard can it be to find the only fat man in the country?   :sarcasm:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#22 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

>' I think China would opt to take direct and massive action against them rather than sit by while the US does so.  It's their sphere of influence and they will defend it by whatever means necessary. Letting the US go to war on their border in 2013 is unthinkable for them ' ..................... now this is one i didn't think of and a big one- the chinese are hardly likely to LIKE having ramped up US forces on their border, hell they want the Japanese navy out their sphere! and the US navy too; they made a new cruise missile to try to keep the ships farther away from their sphere; hell they don't even want a ramped up Soeul Koreans on their damn border; so they have at least as big a vested interest in this whole thing yeah?
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#23 offworlder

offworlder

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

this goes back to my first post, I have never, never in my life heard a country talk like this,

'
Britain is one of several European countries including Russia to receive a letter regarding the safety of its embassy in Pyongyang, as North Korea moved two mid-range missiles to its east coast.
The Foreign Office said on Friday that North Korea had warned Britain that it could not protect foreign embassies after April 10 in the event of a conflict.
A spokesperson said Britain had been advised that "from April 10, the North Korean government would be unable to guarantee the safety of embassies and international organisations in the country in the event of conflict". '
http://www.aljazeera...4143520678.html
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#24 DarthMarley

DarthMarley
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

15APR is a national holiday, founding of the moderns state, or some previous Dear Leader's birthday. I am sure it is on the 'net, but don't care to look it up.
"It is not who is right, but what is right that is of importance."

#25 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

North Korea may be deliberately causing the US to shift its resources. Remember, they have a pact with two other rogue countries.

Classic sucker-play: I get your attention while my partner lifts your wallet.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#26 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostNonny, on 05 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Drone stike.  How hard can it be to find the only fat man in the country?   :sarcasm:

This :howling:

As funny as it is, I agree with it. Take the idiot out, though you'd have to hope that a bigger idiot won't take his place.

#27 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

No, we have no right to just decide to kill the leader of another nation. Kim Jong Un is just trying to establish himself as North Korea's new leader.

Not all of North Korea's demands seem outlandish, one is asking for a peace treaty between them and the U.S. I suppose there is some reason why this is bad, but I don't know what it is, and have to wonder why something like this couldn't be given to Kim Jong Un. He is a new, young leader, right now he is trying to make himself look big in the eyes of his people, give him something small, then work with him to improve relations. The threats would probably end.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#28 offworlder

offworlder

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

' Not all of North Korea's demands seem outlandish, one is asking for a peace treaty between them and the U.S. I suppose there is some reason why this is bad, but I don't know what it is, and have to wonder why something like this couldn't be given to Kim Jong Un. He is a new, young leader, right now he is trying to make himself look big.. '
I know Kim, all the KIms, want everything vs the US because they see it as the great satan, and Soeul is just some puppet, and they would have steamrolled except for US, and it props them, 'the big boys' if they have everything vs US- but, and it's a big but- I say, ok I'm the SecState now, that US should make everything NK be with Soeul, we should have all our relations thru them, treaty with Soeul, trade with Soeul, DMZ with Soeul, because the Koreas are Asia, and NK simply MUST get the idea that they are totally isolated and have no future without joining in with Asia, part of Asia, that they are there, physically there, and Asia is their world, and US is not Asia. they must make nice with Soeul just as with Peking, just as with Tokyo, and Manila, and Singapore et al , or else there is just nothing for them- and US must, thru Soeul, make this plain to them.

#29 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

The problem I have with the 'it's for domestic consumption' argument is that everything I've been able to find suggests that the DRPK has a media so tightly controlled that it makes 1984 look like a liberal love in by comparison. This is a place where people have speakers built into every house, every office, every building everywhere in order to blast propaganda 24/7.

Why on earth would they need to actually DO any saber rattling instead of just using their massive internal propaganda machine to SAY they've done the saber rattling. The average schmoe in North Korea doesn't exactly have unrestricted access to CNN.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#30 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostGodeskian, on 06 April 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

The problem I have with the 'it's for domestic consumption' argument is that everything I've been able to find suggests that the DRPK has a media so tightly controlled that it makes 1984 look like a liberal love in by comparison. This is a place where people have speakers built into every house, every office, every building everywhere in order to blast propaganda 24/7.

Why on earth would they need to actually DO any saber rattling instead of just using their massive internal propaganda machine to SAY they've done the saber rattling. The average schmoe in North Korea doesn't exactly have unrestricted access to CNN.

Maybe enough of the population has started to question their propaganda, whether it be in public or privately where the government can discover that they are questioning things.  After a point, talk becomes irrelevant, and you have to start showing some action, some real saber rattling.

#31 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 06 April 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

View PostGodeskian, on 06 April 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Maybe enough of the population has started to question their propaganda, whether it be in public or privately where the government can discover that they are questioning things.  After a point, talk becomes irrelevant, and you have to start showing some action, some real saber rattling.

Yep. You at least need some kind of real win. Even if they spin it to make them look better, part of it will be true, so they have at least some fact to feed to the people.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#32 offworlder

offworlder

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

here's a nice explanatory,from Telegraph,
http://www.telegraph...orth-Korea.html

#33 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

I wanna see some nukes so that television is interesting again.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#34 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

When squirrel backed into corner,
squirrel choose attack or heart attack.
When small boy fight big bully,
big bully find out small rock still hurt.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#35 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostFnlPrblm, on 14 April 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

When squirrel backed into corner,
squirrel choose attack or heart attack.
When small boy fight big bully,
big bully find out small rock still hurt.

:lol:  So very true.
El

#36 DarthMarley

DarthMarley
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

The real root cause:
http://ompldr.org/vaTNndQ

Mod edit: this link was flagged by at least one employer's IT department as unacceptable content. Nothing about it was obviously offensive to me, so it may be the domain rather than the actual image. Proceed at your own risk.

Edited by Omega, 15 April 2013 - 09:29 AM.
Added NSFW comment

"It is not who is right, but what is right that is of importance."

#37 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostDarthMarley, on 15 April 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

The real root cause:
http://ompldr.org/vaTNndQ

Ya know I have a tendency to trust you and the links that you provide.  I don't know where that link leads but right now I'm posting and reading from work and when I tried to your link my agency put up a big ol' sign that said NO, you're not allowed to go there from here.  Maybe you didn't know that your link might be a problem, maybe you did.  Anyway, I hope it was just a warning and I don't get chewed out.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#38 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,030 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

I'm not really sure what that's a picture of. It's an Asian man with binoculars, looking over a wall outdoors at something, which then cuts to a shot of what looks like a young woman in a white top and short pink skirt, shaking her hips. However, from the motion of the skirt, it may in fact be a man. So yeah. Not sure what's up with that. Given Baldy's IT reaction, I've marked it as potentially NSFW. More likely to be a response to ompldr.org than the specific image, of course, but best to not risk others getting in trouble.

Edited by Omega, 15 April 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2013, UN sanctions, North Korea, Nuclear Weapons

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users