Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

It's really time to play Final Fantasy 10 Again!

Wow!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

This is making me consider buying a PS3 since I've recently being considering replaying FFX anyway. This is mostly because I keep humming the hymn of the fayth when my son is crying because he loves it. WANT.

And FFIX is amazing gode. There again I am one of those people who actually likes 8 the most :D.

#22 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostJosh, on 04 April 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

FAIL. But yeah, I'll probably give X-2 a chance again in shiny HD. ;)

Oh epic fail indeed. I don't know why but it's the only Final Fantasy game I've never finished. And I played Crystal Chronicles for Yuffie's sake.

View PostenTranced, on 04 April 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

I have been thinking that I might as well try X-2 again. I remember REALLY not liking the real time combat though....

I can't help you with that. But the story is I think far better than most people think because it's in it's own way quite heartrending. I feel like I should put all my thoughts into a single post on why FFX-2 is a worthy successor

View PostBalthamos, on 05 April 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

This is making me consider buying a PS3 since I've recently being considering replaying FFX anyway. This is mostly because I keep humming the hymn of the fayth when my son is crying because he loves it. WANT.

Hee, I love the hymn of the faith. I actually went ahead and memorised the thing and while I haven't sung it in a while, I probably still remember the words.

And FFIX is amazing gode. There again I am one of those people who actually likes 8 the most :D.

I love 8 to be honest, it was the first game I ever did challenge runthroughs on, including my level 3 challenge where I beat the game without ever going above level 3 using the 'card' ability on Leviathan, but I never clicked with 9.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#23 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Oh epic fail indeed. I don't know why but it's the only Final Fantasy game I've never finished. And I played Crystal Chronicles for Yuffie's sake.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. My heart is literally breaking at this moment. When I start playing FFX-2, I'm coming for YOU!
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#24 sonicsean34

sonicsean34
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostBalthamos, on 05 April 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

FF VIII is my favourite, closely followed by X.I think they were largely made by the same team so that would explain why I am drawn to them the most and the only FF games besides XIII I have completed.  I got close in Vii a few years ago (northern cave on the last disc) but life and other games got in the way.  And  a similar story for IX (somewhere near the end of disc 3 but didn’t have  the right attribute attached to my weapons and stuck in a dungeon with enemies only weak to that attribute). Not a huge fan of IX though it is okay but I just couldn’t connect with the characters (especially ZIddane)  but I intend to finish both of them one day though,

My reaction to XIII is weird though as I have the opposite taste to most of the net and prefer the first 9 chapters when it was a tight story focused game to when it opens up and meanders in chapter 11. I must have spent months from the beginning of that chapter to the end as not only did it drag on in terms of natural length but I also was not motivated to play it for hours at a time or as frequently as the first 9 chapters). My favourite character in it is Hope, so you can tell by that alone I don’t align with the majority fan opinion on the game!

#25 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

While I liked 7, 8 and 9.... 10.... well. I was fine with it until the reveal came about the truth about Tidus. After that I kinda got to the next save point, turned off and never played it since. Guess it killed the game stone dead for me. I loved FF11 even though it was a MMO. Ah those were the days....

I got frustrated with FF12 when I kept playing and playing and...... Vaan never seemed to evolve past "street urchin accompanying the princess for no good reason." Again eventually I stopped. Never even tried FF13.

But my favourite? That would be FF9. My name is taken from one of its characters afterall.
Rejected and gone.

#26 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Kotaku has some stunning new screenshots, plus they report that X has 30 more minutes of play and I have been pronouncing Tidus' name wrong for like what 15 years?? I have been saying TIDE-US when it is actually TEED-US.

Screenshots:

http://kotaku.com/ne...-wor-1106371085

TEED-US? And a tiny sample of the new parts of the game:

http://kotaku.com/li...-hds-1111687778

enTranced
Posted Image

#27 sonicsean34

sonicsean34
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Yeah it’s always been Tee-dus. It helps that in the PAL release we got an extra disc with behinds the scenes stuff like interviews with the Voice actors, and his VA James Arnold Taylor said the name aloud. It makes sense if you know some Japanese pronunciation to since "I" is always pronounced that way like in Wii,

Plus apparently, the names derive from Okinawan words. In Japan Tidus is just Tida, which means something like sun and Yuna moon. Their sigils for their celestial weapons correspond to those elements I think (haven’t played in ages so can’t remember)

On game boards, there have been some debates over the pronunciation for years even though the voice actors were clear. It wasn’t helped that Kingdom Hearts is inconsistent, kh1 Wakka calls him Tee-dus and in kh2 Selphie Tie-dus. This as a FFVIII fan made me sad that she was spreading misinformation.

It’s one of the things I find very interesting about this sub forum, everyone is into games in a hardcore way but there is none of that sub culture stuff going on where these things have been discussed to death. Wars have been fought over Aeris vs. Aerith for instance!

#28 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

^ Hey, thanks for the information.

It is going to take a long time to get used to the right way to pronounce his name. *sigh*

I can't wait to play the game again with the new paint job, I have been mostly disappointed with the series after X, but what a great game X was! I am NOT looking forward to lightening bolt dodging again....at all.

enTranced
Posted Image

#29 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

I heard the voice actor pronouncing it "correctly" and decided to ignore her. Same thing with chocobo. My friends have always said "choc-o-bo" instead of "cho-co-bo". We didn't change because they tried to teach us something...

#30 NexusNine

NexusNine

The Dystopian Cyber-Punk

• Islander
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

eT, PLAY FFVI!!!!!!  

Come on, Gode, help me convert this man into playing the classics!  AND one of the best FF games of all time.
Posted Image
My Horror Film Short: on YouTube
Slipfighter's Drawings: Nocturnal Edition: http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=46699  
Slipfighter's Drawings: Regular Edition: http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=34628  
Original Ex Isle Screen Name: Slipfighter

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users