• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

and so it starts again? ... sheesh this case was a mind bender all along, and she sat in a foreign prison for four years if I'm right on the time, then, and then, oh sheesh,

I still think the case from the start was weak, to me really no case, how often do cases get brought that are really no case but attempt to impress and swing some jury??, even in US or CAN?

the fam are really just on agenda, they saw no one else and need need need a culprit, we see this so often with victim families, so they are so pleased with this new development; but I think the quash was right and reasoned, the case could not connect her with the moment of the poor girls death, they should have investigated years rather than just go for their hero moments in spotlights and careers; I think the attorneys of StateDept should just string this thing along for years and Amanda doesn't go over, oh intent to go eventually, after the lawyers wrangle, and on for years, and she can get her life on at home.

' On Tuesday, the Court of Cassation overturned the acquittal and accepted a request for a retrial from prosecutors and Kercher family lawyers who had criticized the earlier ruling as "contradictory and illogical".
Unlike law in the United States and some other countries, the Italian system does not contain so-called "double jeopardy" provisions that prevent a defendant being tried twice for the same offence.
The court has not yet provided a full reasoning of its decision and a date has not yet been set for the new trial, which will be held in Florence.
However it was immediately welcomed by the Kercher family lawyer Francesco Maresca who said it would provide an opportunity to find out what happened to Meredith.
"This is an important day for the Italian justice system," he said outside the court, criticizing the earlier judgment acquitting Knox and Sollecito as "extremely superficial".
"I've spoken to the family and Stephanie, her sister, is very happy, she's trying to understand what happens now," he said.
It is unclear if Knox, now 25, intends to return to Italy for the trial but in a statement issued through representatives, she said the decision was "painful". The prosecution had repeatedly been revealed as "unfounded and unfair," she said.
Knox, dubbed "Foxy Knoxy" in many early media reports, was initially portrayed as a sex-obsessed "she devil" by prosecutors but a lobbying campaign by her family helped change perceptions and she is due to publish a book of memoirs in April.
'
http://news.yahoo.co...-091550180.html
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Without the evidence we can only speculate.

However, I don't trust Amanda Knox at all. I certainly don't think that it's impossible that she was involved. I think it's highly probable that she's a pretty cold and unsympathetic person, even if she didn't commit the act herself. Her light-heartedness after the murder, and casual accusations of guilt cast at others just doesn't cast her in a good light.

Either way, Rest in Peace Meredith - no one deserves to die like that.

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: redux, trial, Italy, Kercher, Knox, 2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users