Updates on Scotsmuppet

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

This thread is a continual update thread for details on Scotsmuppet's progress during his recovery continued from the United In Prayer thread.
I'll continue to post updates to this thread.

Feedback is welcome here and encouraged. :)

Current history and update replies:

Just found out about this from one of my Facebook friends "Rexisadog" and Yahoo group "Grouchos" via an email that was sent to me that our friend, and toonster extraordinaire "Scottsmuppet" Todd Bruggmans is in the hospital from suffering a heart attack and a stroke.

As quoted from my email received:

this is from [****]...

"File under the heading of "things don't always go as expected." Case in point - while at supper last nite to begin our evening of celebrating our friend [****] 20th anniversary of being a medic, [Scotsmuppet] was talking to [****] when it was noticed that in an instant [Scotsmuppet] began slurring his words, had trouble forming his thoughts and the right side of his mouth began to droop slightly.

God bless our beloved friends, [****] & [****], two amazing medics for acting quickly & getting  [scotsmuppet] to [****] Medical Center ER.

There, after several hours, it was determined that Todd had a small stroke as well as a minor heart attack. We're still awaiting some of the test results (specifically the MRI) & [Scotsmuppet] will have more tests today to determine exactly what we're dealing with.

He finally was admitted to ICU at about 3am. I stayed the night with him in the room on a surprisingly comfortable reclining chair.

[Scotsmuppet] couldn't be in better hands. All the doctors, nurses, techs & other staff have been awesome. He's in good spirits right now & resting comfortably.

Please say a wee blessing for him. He's got a bit of a road in front of him, which I know will be made easier with all of your good thoughts & moral support. :-) "

Our prayers are with [ScotsMuppet], he is much part of our extended Sci-Fi family...

This is Rex...may we always keep the haggis warm and never spit into the wind...

Please keep Scottsmuppet in your prayers and thoughts for his recovery.

======================================================

Update on Scotsmuppet from "Rexisadog" on Yahoo Groups via email copy that was sent to me.

The news on Scotsmuppet is encouraging...

Quoted from my email:

...this is from [****]

Update on [Scotsmuppet] - 3/27: [ScotsMuppet] is now out of CCU & was moved to the cardiac floor last nite. He's been up out of bed, sitting in a chair & some walking. Hopefully soon he will have a cardiac catheter procedure to determine if there are any blockages in his heart. I spoke to [ScotsMuppet] last nite, courtesy of [****]'s cell phone, and his voice is stronger. Not where it was, but better than Saturday nite. He's speaking in complete sentences, although you can tell when he's struggling to find his words, but he's holding his own.

The news is all positive - thank goodness. Now it's just a matter of time & eventually rehab. I'm going up to see him on Friday & staying with friends until Sunday. Speaking of friends, ours have been absolutely fantastic! [Scotsmuppet] will need the support system of everyone to help him get better!

More to come as I have more information. Continued prayers, healing vibes & positive thoughts are greatly appreciated!! :-)

If you want his address to mail a card let me know!

Contact information:

If you want to send [****] aka Scotsmuppet let me know by my email address at Rexisadog@yahoo.com. I am not going to broadcast it to the world on here. I am sure he would love to get cards from all of you.

Bless you all,

Rex

We love yah Todd,

Rex

Once again, keep him in your prayers and thoughts.  He could use all the cheering up.

View PostRaeven, on 28 March 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

I'm keeping him in my thoughts.

View PostNonny, on 28 March 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Good healing thoughts heading his way!

View PostRJDiogenes, on 28 March 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Good luck to Scotsmuppet. Sounds like he dodged a bullet. I hope his recovery goes smoothly.

[Edited by Orpheus because we have a policy of not posting other people's personally trackable info (screen names are fine, of course) unless that information e.g. their real first name was already commonly used/acknowledged here by the members themselves (Some of us, for example, knew each other from forums in the 1990s and habitually refer to each other by first name or screen names from other sites, and we don't want to stifle that free conversation) I'm sure scots appreciates your post in the spirit it was intended and I don't think my edits impact the content of the post. It's just that ANYONE (or any script) can read these posts, and as someone who used his real name online for decades before spam was invented, I can attest that spamming, stalking and data collection never really die; they'll only get more clever]

Edited by Orpheus, 01 April 2013 - 03:42 PM.

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#2 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

• 3,091 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Here's the newest update I received on Scotsmuppet.

[****]
Update on Todd 3/30: We hit a bump in the road. Yesterday [scotsmuppet] had his cardiac catheter procedure which revealed he has some blockages which could not be cleared with angioplasty.

In the wee hours of the morning, [scotsmuppet] was transported from [****] to Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick where he'll be having by-pass surgery.

His spirits have been good throughout this ordeal & at times making jokes & observations that are so typically, uniquely [scotsmuppet].

One of our medic friends had done some research on the doctor who will be performing [scotsmuppet]'s surgery. Turns out that he & his group are one of the best around, so [scotsmuppet]'s in good hands.

He'll be going for some pre-op testing at some point this weekend. One of the doctors in the group stopped by to see [scotsmuppet]. He said that [scotsmuppet] will most likely meet his surgeon on Monday, with the surgery possibly as early as Tuesday.

I'll keep you all updated as details become available.

Everyone, you've been doing an amazing job of sending prayers, positive healing vibes & well, wishes. Trust me, it's helping!! Thank you!!! :-)

More updates to come as soon as I hear more.

If anyone else has been in contact with Scotsmuppet or Rexisadog or Annie, please feel free to post here as well.

Edited by Orpheus, 01 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.
see OP

HBO TV Movie - 1990

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#3 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

• 3,091 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Could I get a moderator or admin to pin this topic please and thanks. :)

HBO TV Movie - 1990

Posted Image

Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#4 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

I have pinned it for you DS :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Good luck to Scotsmuppet.  Two of my uncles have had bypass surgery and they are better than ever. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

More good healing thoughts heading Scotmuppet's way.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#7 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Fingers crossed for Scotsmuppet.

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#8 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

• 3,091 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

The latest on Scotsmuppet is that as of Apr. 24, he came out of surgery and is doing well.  

I apologize for being a few days late with the updates, but my latest update got buried in my email inbox.

Still keep him in your thoughts as he recovers from surgery.

HBO TV Movie - 1990

Posted Image

Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#9 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

Better late than never!  It's good to hear that he is recovering well, and my good healing thoughts continue to head his way.

{{{{{{{{{{{Scotsmuppet}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{Darkside}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm glad to hear he's doing well.  I hope he continues to improve.  :nod:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#11 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Any news on Scotsmuppet?  I hope his recovery is going well, and I wish him a happy birthday, and many happy returns of the day.
Posted Image

#12 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hopefully, no new is good news. Hoping all is well, and Scotsmuppet is improving daily. :hugs:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, it's been about a month and a half.  I hope all is good.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users