• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

This is the problem anyone in a power or superior or richer position like the USA or NATO, can anyone in the face of guerrilla attacks afford to cover with full power every yard of a security line, or border, or entrenchment, 'the wall'?

a hit N run force, or guerrillas, inferior, less rich, less resources, rag-tag... can spy and probe, find a spot, one mile, one leg, one stretch, one yard, the weak spot compared, to bring local superior power and surprise just like Napoleon did in Italy, and when he arrived at Ulm in the face of gen. Mack, and when he lured the Tsar to take the center hill just so Napoleon could manoeuver his enemy where he wants him to be in order to destroy the enemy power by taking that hill back in the center position at Austerlitz.

No one can , or is willing, to spend, to build, to man, every stretch of the security line to be equal to the most powerful stretch- so now that US led NATO ISAF forces reduce and downsize in Afghan land, the Taliban are showing they will step up attacks on the poor Afghans, they will forever live in a land under siege with Pakistan on the Talib side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22143394

' The Afghans put the rate down to a greater number of Afghan troops overall, and the fact that they are now conducting operations on their own with the summer fighting season fast approaching. '

' In the 12 months up to March 2013, 1,170 Afghan soldiers were killed and another 3,000 wounded out of an army of 146,000, according to the Afghan ministry of defence in Kabul. '

' The Afghan police suffered 1,800 deaths in 2012.'

' The number of UK troops in Afghanistan will be reduced from 9,000 to 5,200 by the end of 2013 '

>The deputy commander of the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf), Lt Gen Nick Carter, said he was worried about "the rate of attrition that the Afghan forces are having to cope with presently".
"And that is why it is important that we work closely with them so that they manage this upcoming period of high operational intensity," he told BBC News in Kabul.
"What we can't afford the Afghans to do during the course of this summer is to fail.

"We regard Afghan confidence as our centre of gravity. To that end, if the Afghans need our help we are there."
He said the Afghans taking the lead on security "inevitably means that they are more likely to take casualties than we are".

My prayers will go with them as we lot clear out and they face a permanent 'walk the wall' situation

____ ' deep down in places you dont talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall '
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 DarthMarley

DarthMarley
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Once the aversion to total warfare is past us, we will recognize that it isn't controlling territory, but controlling people that matters.
And you can get them to stop attacking, crossing the border, etc.
But one has to be willing to go too far enough.
"It is not who is right, but what is right that is of importance."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Afghan, Nato, USA, forces, 2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users