Burger King's new Bacon Cheddar stuffed burger

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

OMG! This burger is SO good it should be illegal.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

like anything with cheese or bacon- take in moderation- the problem comes when teenagers, or hey anyone else, eats stuff like that and cheese pizza and cheap burritos, and Doritos, and toss in a few thirsty-Two ouncers of sugar pop drinks, and wind up that this stuff is over half their overall diets ..................... if you only have one burger each week, and one in four of them is this cheddar bacon thing, the other three weeks it's a plain Whopper with no cheese, or a Angus delux from Mac with no cheese.. then you enjoy and have good balance of health- balance and moderation are the keys to enjoying the things we don't want entirely to cut out, yuumm :harper:
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

View Postoffworlder, on 17 April 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

like anything with cheese or bacon- take in moderation- the problem comes when teenagers, or hey anyone else, eats stuff like that and cheese pizza and cheap burritos, and Doritos, and toss in a few thirsty-Two ouncers of sugar pop drinks, and wind up that this stuff is over half their overall diets ..................... if you only have one burger each week, and one in four of them is this cheddar bacon thing, the other three weeks it's a plain Whopper with no cheese, or a Angus delux from Mac with no cheese.. then you enjoy and have good balance of health- balance and moderation are the keys to enjoying the things we don't want entirely to cut out, yuumm :harper:

Now if only I could do all of that, wouldn't be overweight...lol. That's like opening a bag of chips and eating just one...LOL. very hard to do.

In all seriousness though. It's not only the calories taken in, it's the amount you burn off. Kids who are heavily into sports could probably down all you mentioned, everyday, and not gain weight...cause they burn it off.

As for BK's new burger...I'll definately have it again. But definately not everyday. Eating out everyday gets too expensive.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,741 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

It's always a gift when you find something that brings you joy.

I'll say this for BK: they have among the very few bacon sandwiches (I haven't tried this one) where I can actually taste the bacon. That seems to be a peculiar deficit of mine, and the main reason that I avoid bacon on sandwiches or in most dishes: it seems a waste of bacon.  Pretty much the only dishes I cook with bacon are the occasional home-baked chicken BBQ pizza or spaghetti carbonara. Similarly, though I am a lifelong lover of cheeses, I avoid cheeseburgers because the creaminess of melted cheese can mute all the other flavors. It coats the tongue.

And keep the faith, LotS. If you're like me, you'll wake up one day and discover to your shock that you *can* happily eat just one potato chip--but I still don't keep them within easy reach. They seem designed for mindless munching that doesn't satisfy. Treat them as an amuse bouche.

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Agreed, Lord of the Sword.  I've had that burger, and it is AWESOME!!!!  It's the kind of burger Dean Winchester would be proud of.

#6 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

I don't get the appeal of onion rings and stuff on a burger, but I've been ordering it plain, with just a couple slices of tomato, and it is very tasty that way, too.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#7 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostNiko, on 17 April 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

I don't get the appeal of onion rings and stuff on a burger, but I've been ordering it plain, with just a couple slices of tomato, and it is very tasty that way, too.

I never understood the appeal either...til I tried that burger. And Farscape, you're spot on...Dean Winchester would be very proud of that burger.

Edited by Lord of the Sword, 17 April 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#8 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 17 April 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

I never understood the appeal either...til I tried that burger. And Farscape, you're spot on...Dead Winchester would be very proud of that burger.

Dead Winchester? :eek2:  Is there something that I missed? ;) :lol:

That burger does sound good, but since I no longer eat out, I may never know. It is definitely something that I would have eaten years ago, and would have enjoyed greatly. :)
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#9 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostElara, on 17 April 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

I never understood the appeal either...til I tried that burger. And Farscape, you're spot on...Dead Winchester would be very proud of that burger.

That burger does sound good, but since I no longer eat out, I may never know. It is definitely something that I would have eaten years ago, and would have enjoyed greatly. :)

Re the purple quote....

Psssst!! Don't tell Nikki (Peppermint)!!!

She'll be devastated if she finds out !

I absolutely adore bacon cheeseburger :drool:

#10 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostEChatty, on 17 April 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Re the purple quote....

Psssst!! Don't tell Nikki (Peppermint)!!!

She'll be devastated if she finds out !

I absolutely adore bacon cheeseburger :drool:
LOL Chatty!! :lol: I don't even know what made me come into this thread...I don't eat fast food...but something did, then I SAW IT!!! I had a momentary flutter of the heart...no, not Dean, not DEAD!!! :o But all is well, he's alive..and he would love that burger!! :D

#11 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

You're welcome, Nikki ;)

#12 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

My bad...typo. I fixed it.

#13 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 17 April 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

No worse than some of my typos. At least yours was cute, mine just don't make sense. :D
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#14 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

And we had fun with it too ;)

No harm done :)

Makes me want to try that burger sometime though.

#15 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 17 April 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

hehe

well, it sent me into a bit of a panicked rush for the Supernatural review threads as I walked away from that show earlier this year due to aggravation.  Will have to catch up later.

I'd try this burger as I've been a huge bacon cheeseburger fan for years before limiting myself to twice a month (a 'free' day for eating healthy otherwise) but I had a couple food poisoning incidents with fast food burgers and am leery of trying them again.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#16 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Oh goodness. I'm fortunate to have never had food poisoning from fast food.

I don't eat it hardly ever anymore myself, just once in awhile.

#17 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

What's worse is that I had reserved it as a reward or a treat at that point because it costs a lot to feed a family fast food. So it was once and a while for me too, only when I was alone running errands.

Nothing like 'telling on yourself' because you rewarded yourself!

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#18 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I just had two more of those burgers yesterday.

#19 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,741 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

I pulled into a BK in NH last night to make a cell call. There was a 6x4 foot poster of the sandwich right in front of my parking spot.

I ordinarily wouldn't have given it a second though --not my kind of sandwich-- but I remembered the praise here, and my stomach was rumbling all the way home

#20 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostOrpheus, on 17 April 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Treat them as an amuse bouche.

Sacre bleu!
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users