Third Man of Steel Trailer

Superman Man of Steel

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Just like the previous two, I love this one. I am so pumped for this movie.

I like that we see a softer side of Pa Kent here. No more telling Clark he should have let those kids die. Here he tells a young Clark that he is his son and that he is on this Earth for a reason.

Looks like we will see some action on Krpyton. Maybe Zod and his followers trying to kill the Council?

Lois Lane features prominently which makes me happy. I like her talk with Superman in the cell and it looks like she will once again be the one to name him.

A lot more action was featured, which makes sense. DC and WB will want people to know that Superman actually punches something in this movie.

I wish this movie was kicking off the summer on May 3 instead of Iron Man 3. *sigh*

Edited by Virgil Vox, 16 April 2013 - 10:43 PM.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm finally sold.  Holy cow.  Blown away and SO SO looking forward to this!
Posted Image

#3 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostBad Wolf, on 16 April 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

I'm finally sold.  Holy cow.  Blown away and SO SO looking forward to this!
You took the words right out of my mouth. I've been cautiously optimistic about this movie for a while now. But now I'm seeing it on opening weekend for sure. This looks like it has the potential to be the Superman movie I've been waiting a rather long time for.
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#4 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm worried about the schmaltz.  Don't tell me I should be feeling wonder - make me feel it.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#5 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

A little too Jesus-ey sounding to me.  I've read about the comparison to Jesus before and the "ideal to strive towards stuff" was a little over the top.  Of course, I like the opening song to Smallville but even that is asking to be saved.

Edited to add: Nothing wrong with Jesus. Jor-El gave his only begotten son to Earth to teach us a better way.   And from the sound of it, Clark wonders around being tracked by Lois who learns about all his good deeds.  Is that akin to the missing decade of Christ's life before he shows up to be savior to mankind?

Edited by Bobby, 17 April 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

^^^ How odd, I had always heard that Superman was more a paradigm of Moses rather than Jesus.

Anyhow, I'm liking this trailer.  Heck, I liked the previous trailers as well, but this one has me really excited to see this movie.  It looks like Zack Snyder is delivering something different, yet wholly consistent with the ideas behind Superman.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Yeah, I think I am finally ready for this movie.Come on Zack, give me the best Superman since the first one!

enTranced
Posted Image

#8 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,884 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

^"The first one?" Do you mean Superman and the Mole Men or the '48 Kirk Alyn serial? ;)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#9 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've been cautiously optimistic about this movie for a while now. But now I'm seeing it on opening weekend for sure. This looks like it has the potential to be the Superman movie I've been waiting a rather long time for.

I've been planning on seeing this opening weekend since the beginning. I love Superman and have been waiting for a new movie since Superman Returns came out. So far everything I've seen and read has pointed to this being an amazing movie.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,623 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic about it.  I like the sense of wonder, I like the schmaltz, I like the idealism-- these are all things that are in short supply in contemporary culture.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Superman, Man of Steel

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users