11 replies to this topic

#1 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Tuesday and no thread yet?!?  :o

Hook helps Regina with a plan to transport her and Henry back to Fairytale land; Emma grows increasingly suspicious of Tamara; the queen asks Rumpelstiltskin to transform her so that she can kill Snow White.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Episode title was truly accurate - Regina was (is?) truly eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.
Cats will never be extinct!

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

I just watched it. I liked it, but how many times can we see Regina trying to be good but screwing it up? And how many justifications can they give her? She needs to own up to what she's done, and maybe being powerless and captured by Tamara and Greg will help her with that.

So it looks like they're setting up a science vs. magic battle. To me it seemed like Tamara wanted magic, but now it looks like she wants to destroy it. I do wonder what her end game is, along with Greg's. Also, I hope they explain that Tamara's tazer is tricked out or smething.

Okay, does anyone else think that Hook is a pretty ineffectual villain? He's getting double-crossed and tied up all the time. He hasn't accomplished anything that he has set out to do. Don't get me wrong I like the guy. But a good villain he is not.

I kind of hope that the writers will actually destroy Storybrooke. I want the characters to survive, but by losing the town they open up some exciting story possibilities and it will help keep the show from stagnating.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

^^  Hook is kind of a slapstick villain-- he's always getting pummeled and moving on to the next alliance, and getting pummeled again.

Regina came off as not just evil in this episode, but also clueless-- I got a kick out of how Rumpy was teasing her about how the peasants would love her from the burned cinders of their homes.

The Magic Versus Science angle is intriguing.  I wonder if Whale will get involved somehow.  And I'm very curious as to what Tamara and Greg are really up to-- finding his father is a secondary goal?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

I don't see how mere nanbots can hold back magic but from the promo for next week Regina's going to be very pissed off when she overcomes them. And truthfully I do feel sorry for Regina she win for losing this season.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Given all the innocent people she's killed, I can't really feel sorry for Regina at all. She was a deliciously campy villain but they've messed up by trying so hard to make us feel sorry for her and think her hard done by.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for Regina at all. Yes, she was manipulated by Cora and Gold and had some very bad things happen to her. That doesn't change the fact that she has since done many bad things all by herself even though she has had plenty of opportunities to do the right thing. Even now, she's planning on killing everyone in Storybrooke and running away with Henry. She just doesn't learn. It's going to take a lot to redeem her in my eyes.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#8 Raijin

Raijin
  • Islander
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

Regina is characterised like a 5 year old. I can't it seriously anymore. She's somewhat mature one second and a children's cartoon villain the next. They just consistently fail to make her act like a real person. And it's such a waste of the actress' talent.

#9 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Killing (or having killed) an entire village for having helped Snow is pretty unforgivable.  It's going to take a lot to redeem herself for that in my book.

View PostRaijin, on 02 May 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Regina is characterised like a 5 year old. I can't it seriously anymore. She's somewhat mature one second and a children's cartoon villain the next. They just consistently fail to make her act like a real person. And it's such a waste of the actress' talent.

Well the whole series is based on fairy tales and children's stories!
Cats will never be extinct!

#10 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

I don't like this story line.   So now what?  We have magic fighting nanobots?   Seriously?   Maybe it's that I don't like the two actors.  Maybe it's that the second half of this season has been a study of having a ton of characters and leaving them hanging while continuing to introduce even MORE.  Hello, how about we ixnay on stuff like Robin Hood and deal with the stuff we already have?

Meh.
Posted Image

#11 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Lana Parilla is my second most favorite thing about this show.  Gold is the favorite.  Yes she's done awful things but I don't feel horrible for her nor do I think I'm really supposed to feel horrible for her.  I like that she's got a few streaks of grey in that black.  I also like that at the core of all this is her absolute obsession with being loved combined with her absolute cluelessness about what love is.  It's classic.   I want her to get pissed and blow the sh*t out of the two anti magic types and I want them all to end up somewhere other than Storybrooke and I'm SOO SOOOOO ready to have Snow instead of the insipid Mary Margaret.
Posted Image

#12 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Welll the writer's seem to on the fence about Gold and Regina, they let them do some good things then they're recerted back to what they were last season.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users