• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

dont forget to check out that awesome baseball interview vid with the photo bomb, the
Cincy Bearcats on the field; don't miss because it's no longer in the 'last post' image...

now, the new sport scandal- you know I _Wondered_ how the whole thing would play out, I got this
odd taste in me mouth, when we learned that the Winter Olympics would be in Sochi Russia

And now that we are less than a year away, we hear things like this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-22720228

I know that the Van 2010 went over budget, like they all do, but not 25-30B over, this is ridiculous! what a
corrupt situation, if it's true; some new name will pop up with super yachts or billionaire palaces or Hyde Park
villa in the air with bullet proof glass walls? or the same ole names just got richer?

' The authors say they reached their conclusions by looking at the gap between the original estimate and the final cost and also comparing it with cost overruns at previous Olympics.

"The expenses for the Winter Olympics in Sochi turned out to be more than all expenses for all the sports structures at the previous 21 Winter Olympics put together," the report says.
It says that "between $25bn and $30bn have been stolen", and this has benefited "only oligarchs and companies close to Mr Putin".

The opposition leaders claim that the stolen funds could have been used to build about 3,000km (1870 miles) of high-speed motorways or provide the housing for 800,000 people in Russia.
They say that the final cost of staging the event will be more than four times higher than the original price tag of $12bn announced by Mr Putin.
'

Olympics should cost maybe 16b right? maybe 17b? but this will be très interresant to see how it all plays out,
plus what other scandals or corruptions or problems or questions come up with this whole thing, even as we get excited
about the winter sport Holy Grail.

And I heard some troubling things coming out from Rio on the Rio 2016 too what with their situation on the street and
their stadiums and venues, so we'll see more on that as it develops.
Cheers in the sport world
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Wow, well at least it all looks pretty. :look:
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#3 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Here's hoping someone forgot to change the exchange rate from Russian Rubles to Euros or U.S.D. after this was found out. :o
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sochi

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users