Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

What's on rotation via your computer screen currently?

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#21 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

^Cool!  :)  Keep me us posted on what you think.  :)   I actually ended up doing a second play-through already...
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#22 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm back to playing Tomb Raider (2013) again. It's easily the game of the year for me. Best game I've played in a long time.
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#23 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Still playing Last of Us. I just arrived in Pittsburgh. This is one intense game. The opening by itself was a kick in the gut. I love the relationship that is developing between Joel and Ellie. I've also gotten good at stealth since it's much easier than engaging in a fight. I find it hard to use the gun against runners anyways. I especially don't want to have to fight clickers if I can help it. I think this and Tomb Raider are probably the best games I've played in a long while. Both are games I am going to buy and play many times over.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#24 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Yeah, I like how the Infected sections, overall, really give you a strong incentive to stealth.  With the way runners are apt to bring clickers down on you, too, it's just way easier to stealth 'em all.  One thing I didn't realize until near the end of the game last time:  The bow-and-arrow is great for taking clickers down at a distance.  Even if it doesn't kill them in the first shot, there's no gunshot to let them know exactly where you are.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#25 Raijin

Raijin
  • Islander
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Mark of the Ninja. Which I got in the Steam sale. It's a 2d stealth game. Pretty cool, well polished, good voice acting and looks like interesting narrative so far.

#26 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

^ I've actually been eyeing that since seeing it go on sale. I can get it for about $1 since I recently noticed I can sell random Steam badges and items to other players for Steam credit. Hard to go wrong for at price!

Edited by NeuralClone, 17 July 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#27 Raijin

Raijin
  • Islander
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Indeed, go for it.

#28 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Still working on The Last Of Us. Which sucks because now I owe late fees but there is no way I'm returning this game until I beat it. I'm pretty much at the end, stuck in the hospital which is just a really hard section to beat.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#29 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

I've slacked off STO and am playing DAO and DA2, along with Oblivion. Not in a hurry to finish any of them as I'm just a casual gamer. I leave burning through them to Miko..

Currently I've been bitten by the knitting bug so I've switched to that. Handmade socks have been calling me, and I have a couple orders for other small things.

Games are on the back burner for now.

#30 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Games are on the back burner for now.

Blasphemy! I banish you from the Game Room until you knit one hundred socks and find the Scroll of Destiny. :)

Right now I'm just doing a second play-through of Tomb Raider.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#31 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Ouch.....okay, will it help if I say Oblivion is calling again? :hehe:

#32 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

Don't worry Virgil. ;)

I'll keep on prattling about my adventures in Skyrim. (Yes I'm a high-repeat gamer.) Until she can resist no more and go play Oblivion.
Rejected and gone.

#33 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'll just have to divide my time between knitting and playing.

I did play Wulfgar a bit last night, did a couple small quests to reacquaint myself with the controls, so it's slowly winning :hehe:

And I made him an enchanted silver greatsword that he looted off an enemy. He said he wanted it ;)

#34 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

I guess I'll let you off with a warning this time EChatty since it seems you've got your priorities straight and are playing games again. Just repeat after me: "Video games are more important than real life." :)

(Yes I'm a high-repeat gamer.)

Nothing wrong with that. Might as well get your money's worth out of a game. I'm on my second play-through of Tomb Raider right now. I've probably played the new Devil May Cry games three times by this point. A good game is worth playing over and over.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#35 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 28 July 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

I guess I'll let you off with a warning this time EChatty since it seems you've got your priorities straight and are playing games again. Just repeat after me: "Video games are more important than real life." :)

Awww, thanks. I've finally chosen Wulfgar as the one to take through the main quest of Oblivion. He's a big Nord Knight with no affiliations except with the Mage guild.

A good game is worth playing over and over.

I couldn't agree more here. I play the few games I do own over and over. There are several files on each one that I rotate through.

#36 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

It's very rare that I don't replay a great game many times. The only case where I don't generally do that is when a game offers hundreds of hours of gameplay and I play it so much I burn out on it.

Right now I'm splitting my game time, which is rather limited, between Guild Wars 2 and Mark of the Ninja. The latter is such a great little game. I just wish it was longer.

#37 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

I haven't traditionally been a game-replay-er (with the exception of HOMM3 and occasionally Age of Empires II, because both of those have gameplay that I just haven't found any other game comes close to matching, and I get hungry for that type of game occasionally.)   But then, I haven't traditionally been a game *finisher*, so that sorta cuts into the question of whether to "re"-play, if you haven't even finished playing once yet.  :)   Last of Us was a definite exception.

Currently feeling a little torn.  I finally started ME3 last week, and am knee-deep in that, but I only have 3 days until I have to be afk for two loooooong weeks, and I'm really wanting to give Shadowrun Returns a bit of a go before I head out.  I know I have no prayer of doing both, so it's a dilemma.  :p

#38 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostNiko, on 29 July 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

I haven't traditionally been a game *finisher*, so that sorta cuts into the question of whether to "re"-play, if you haven't even finished playing once yet.  :)  

This is me. I'll start several files on a game sometimes before one of them finishes. Many, many times I'll delete files if I'm not happy with them and start new ones.

There's nothing wrong (IMO) with starting more than one file.

#39 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Interesting discussion on gaming habits.

Unless I get bored or distracted by another game and leave it behind, I'm very main-quest focused. I generally tend to want to save the world as quickly as possible and thus kinda speed-freak through the game.

Then and only then will I usually make another file and redo it much slower, taking the time for more side quests and exploration before beating it again. Then comes trying out different options, variables, storylines, character builds ect ect. (I mostly play role playing games.) Most files I'll beat the game with but there will be a few 'play' files I just try out evil options.

Finally after that every few months/years I cycle back through most of my old games over and over. From time to time I still play games from the PS1 like FF7,8,9, Azure Dreams, Suikoden 2 ect.
Rejected and gone.

#40 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

I usually finish the games I play, though there are a few exceptions. I have still never beat Borderlands. Same with the first Assassin's Creed. Though that was due to the game being very repetitive and then glitching on me and forcing me to re-start from the beginning. I didn't finish Deadpool, mainly because I had to return it and because the ending was very frustrating.

I find that I re-play games like Tomb Raider or Devil May Cry or Resident Evil more than open-world games or RPGs. Not sure why. I've started second play-throughs on Fable 2, Fable 3, Red Dead Redemption, etc. but have never finished them. Same with Mass Effect 2. I played the first one as both a male Paragon and a female Renegade. I played the second and third ones as my male Paragon, but I got about half-way through the second game as my female Renegade and never finished. I really need to.

I'm almost done with my second play-through of Tomb Raider, and it is still just as much fun as the first time. I've found a lot more collectibles, and even came across a tomb that I had missed the first time.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users