Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

What's on rotation via your computer screen currently?

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#241 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

Goodness! Two deaths.

Good luck keeping the others alive.

I'm mostly doing Endeavors while waiting for the new content to come out. I do them for me and my family as they're having trouble getting on the game, and they have RLs lol.

It's a lot of fun. Basically "Go do this, go do this kind of damage, go kill those" Type things. Then when you get enough points you can choose perks.

#242 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:52 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 31 August 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

I started playing Man of Medan, the first game in the Dark Pictures Anthology. I am loving it so far. It isn't perfect but it is a lot of fun. Unfortunately I have gotten two of my characters killed so I'm hoping I can keep the other three alive.

This just hit my radar recently, too.  I was surprised I hadn't heard of it before release, because of Shawn Ashmore's involvement.  I may have to pick it up... but then again, I never did get around to playing Until Dawn or doing a more successful replay of Detroit: Become Human, so I'm coming to a realization that these sorts of branching narrative quick-time-driven type games aren't necessarily the type that I can really get excited about.

Haven't had much to report lately on the gaming front.  Nothing's been keeping my attention.  I had a two-week beach vacation at the beginning of August where I bought a tablet and loaded it up with lots of casual-type games, so I've mostly been killing time with Clash Royale, or random board-game apps, or Civilization: Revolution (i.e. dumbed-down Civilization) and things like that.  Looking forward to Trails of Cold Steel 3 coming out in late-September, and The Outer Worlds in October, in hopes that those two will give me something meaty to dig into again.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#243 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

View PostEChatty, on 31 August 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Goodness! Two deaths.

Good luck keeping the others alive.

I'm mostly doing Endeavors while waiting for the new content to come out. I do them for me and my family as they're having trouble getting on the game, and they have RLs lol.

It's a lot of fun. Basically "Go do this, go do this kind of damage, go kill those" Type things. Then when you get enough points you can choose perks.

I ended up getting three characters killed.

I did another play through and ended up with only one character dead. I will probably just start a re-play from right before that death and see if I can keep them all alive.

View PostNiko, on 02 September 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 31 August 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

I started playing Man of Medan, the first game in the Dark Pictures Anthology. I am loving it so far. It isn't perfect but it is a lot of fun. Unfortunately I have gotten two of my characters killed so I'm hoping I can keep the other three alive.

This just hit my radar recently, too.  I was surprised I hadn't heard of it before release, because of Shawn Ashmore's involvement.  I may have to pick it up... but then again, I never did get around to playing Until Dawn or doing a more successful replay of Detroit: Become Human, so I'm coming to a realization that these sorts of branching narrative quick-time-driven type games aren't necessarily the type that I can really get excited about.

Haven't had much to report lately on the gaming front.  Nothing's been keeping my attention.  I had a two-week beach vacation at the beginning of August where I bought a tablet and loaded it up with lots of casual-type games, so I've mostly been killing time with Clash Royale, or random board-game apps, or Civilization: Revolution (i.e. dumbed-down Civilization) and things like that.  Looking forward to Trails of Cold Steel 3 coming out in late-September, and The Outer Worlds in October, in hopes that those two will give me something meaty to dig into again.

The game did fly a little under the radar. I only found out about it because I was looking to see if the developer had plans to do a sequel to Until Dawn.

I love these branching narrative games and am extremely excited to see what the other games in the Dark Pictures Anthology are. I believe they have  committed to doing six to eight games with more after that depending on sales.

Man of Medan is a fun game and so far it does seem as if it has way more choices and consequences than other similar games despite only being around 5 hours long. In my second play through I experienced a lot of different changes, some being relatively minor and others being pretty major. It is a game I can see myself playing multiple times.

They are going to release a Curator's Cut which will allow you to play the game but with you taking control of different characters than normal. So in one scene originally you might have controlled Conrad but now you control Fliss. This is supposed to create more choices and show different sequences.

I feel you about nothing keeping your attention. Other than Man of Medan I haven't really been addicted to any game. Nothing is really standing out right now.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#244 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

Good luck on getting them all through alive.

I've started the new content in STO to 'earn' the Elachi Qulash ship. New ep is pretty interesting, going into the Mycelial Realm with holo-Stamets.

#245 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

I finally saved all five characters. I was happy. I also made one change to see what happened and I ended up getting all of the characters killed.

I've played some more STO. I am now a rear admiral. I upgraded to a Sovereign class ship which made me happy. I always liked the look of the Enterprise-E.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#246 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:43 AM

Figured while I'm here...

[XBOX]
Dead or Alive 6
Soul Calibur VI
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse
Forza Horizon 4

[PS4]
Catherine: Full Body
Madden NFL 20
Nier: Automata
Samurai Showdown
Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2
Super Robot Wars T
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis

[PC]
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
Warface
League of Legends: TeamFight Tactics
Heroes of the Storm

Carry on.
Posted Image

#247 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

*hugs* Rommie!  Miss you, dude! :)

-----------

I finally got somewhat interested in something again, though I haven't had a lot of time to play because work has been a bear the last couple weeks.  I started playing Mutant: Year Zero - Road to Eden.  The gameplay is pretty much an X-Com clone (turn-based squad tactics) but there's a bit more of an exploration element, and it has a full scripted story and characters, not just interchangeable soldiers and procedurally generated missions.  It also gives a bit of a stealth angle because you can usually sneak around the outside edges and pick off a few outlier enemies before a fight to help whittle down how difficult the main fight will be, which is nice.  I'm having fun with it.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#248 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:15 PM

Nice to see you again Rommie.

I am playing Man of Medan - The Curator's Cut. I forgot that since I pre-ordered the game I have early access to the CC. I haven't played a lot so far but it has been interesting to see new scenes and make different decisions.

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid has started releasing their Season 2 content. This includes Shadow Ranger as a new playable character, a new Zord attack, and a new stage. Shadow Ranger is a lot of fun to play as. I'm looking forward to the next two characters, Quantum Ranger and Dai Shi, which will be released in November and December. I like that nWay continues to release new content and refine the game to make it better. I have no problem supporting the game and buying the season passes as long as they keep up the good work.

Otherwise no game has really attracted my attention.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#249 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:55 AM

Finished Mutant: Year Zero - I enjoyed it, but would like to see the gameplay and premise expanded a bit.  The approach to dealing with each battle got a bit same-y by the end, so it was a good thing that it was fairly short.

Went back and started at the beginning of Gwent: Thronebreaker again.  It was still crashing all the time, but I got past the point that it failed for me last time and was enjoying myself despite the crashes.  Then, got to the end of another chapter, and hit another point where it seems to be stuck in a "crash every time" state.  I don't have the energy to start from the beginning again, so that's a fail again.  Maybe I'll try again in another 6 months.  :p

Started Trails of Cold Steel: Part III.  Really fun revisiting the characters again - you don't often get to see a progression of characters growing across three games like this in JRPG's, so it's pretty cool.

#250 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:03 PM

^Sucks that Gwent still isn't playable.

That does sound nice to see characters grow up over three games. That doesn't happen often.

I am still playing Greedfall.

I might get Star Wars: Fallen Order next week. I haven't decided yet.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#251 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

I haven't had a ton of time to play games lately. I have made some progress in Greedfall and hope to play more of it later this week.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#252 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:58 AM

I have finished Greedfall (and posted a little summary over in its thread).

I have now started on another RPG called Elex. I'll probably do a write-up for that game as well.

It is nice having two weeks off. It gives me time to catch up on gaming.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#253 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

I'm glad it sounds like you enjoyed Greedfall.  I got it for Christmas, so will definitely playing into the New Year.  (I'm avoiding your actual thread until I get to it myself a bit. :) )

I got a ton of new games the last few weeks.  I got four new games for Christmas (Greedfall, Star Wars: Fallen Order, God of War, Spyro remastered game) and then bought a bunch of new PC stuff on the Steam sale.  I don't remember the list of Steam games right now, but the big two that I'm looking forward to cracking into most immediately are a bundle of the Frogware Sherlock Holmes games and Life is Strange 2.

My actual gameplay lately:

- Finished Trails of Cold Steel III - great game that ended on one hell of a cliffhanger, so I'm not looking forward to a year or more for them to localize the final game.

- One of the things I did with the Steam sale was that I purchased Thronebreaker again, because I thought some of the problems I had with the game were caused by GOG and maybe the Steam version would work better.  It does have slightly better performance, and I was able to get over the most recent hump, played for a couple more days, and hit ANOTHER game-breaking bug of a different type.  This whole Thronebreaker saga is going to go down in history for me, honestly.  Never have I worked so hard to get through such a buggy game. :)

- In the last week, I've gone back to This War of Mine, because they released a "Final Cut" DLC with what I assume is their final batch of new content for the game.  The new content in this one DLC wasn't huge, but combined with the other mini-content additions they've done over time, the game has filled out nicely compared to the base game when it was first release.  It's a game that is a huge favorite of mine, and I think its one that will be on the short-list of titles that I go back to regularly.

- Of the new games from Christmas, I started God of War yesterday, but I'm off to a rocky start with it.  I've already run into quite a lot of puzzles that are reliant on quick handling of throwing the axe, and I am just not good enough with controller dexterity.  I tried one puzzle last night for like 50 tries before I gave up (and this is in the first 2 hours of the game) so my hopes for being able to unlock any more serious challenges along the way are very low.   I have the difficulty set to the lowest level, so I assume I'll be able to get through the basic game content without trouble, but I am resigning myself to not being able to unlock most of the optional chests along the way, if I'm hitting "impossible" ones this early on.   I wanted to do God of War because my nephew keeps asking me if I've played it yet and I want to be able to share the experience with him, but it's not pinging as an immediate favorite for me.  

(I've also recently been watching some Stargate SG-1 episodes on TV, so having Chris Judge voicing the main character is weird.  I can't tell if I'm having trouble "bonding" with the main character because he's sort of not-relatable in his whole god-of-war-persona thing, or because of the disconnect between the on-screen image and me hearing Teal'c reading the lines.)

#254 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:24 PM

I'm glad it sounds like you enjoyed Greedfall.  I got it for Christmas, so will definitely playing into the New Year.  (I'm avoiding your actual thread until I get to it myself a bit. :) )

I'm eagerly awaiting your view on the game so we can discuss it.

- One of the things I did with the Steam sale was that I purchased Thronebreaker again, because I thought some of the problems I had with the game were caused by GOG and maybe the Steam version would work better.  It does have slightly better performance, and I was able to get over the most recent hump, played for a couple more days, and hit ANOTHER game-breaking bug of a different type.  This whole Thronebreaker saga is going to go down in history for me, honestly.  Never have I worked so hard to get through such a buggy game.

That's funny and tragic all at the same time. I hope you get to finish it sometime this decade.

- Of the new games from Christmas, I started God of War yesterday, but I'm off to a rocky start with it.  I've already run into quite a lot of puzzles that are reliant on quick handling of throwing the axe, and I am just not good enough with controller dexterity.  I tried one puzzle last night for like 50 tries before I gave up (and this is in the first 2 hours of the game) so my hopes for being able to unlock any more serious challenges along the way are very low.   I have the difficulty set to the lowest level, so I assume I'll be able to get through the basic game content without trouble, but I am resigning myself to not being able to unlock most of the optional chests along the way, if I'm hitting "impossible" ones this early on.   I wanted to do God of War because my nephew keeps asking me if I've played it yet and I want to be able to share the experience with him, but it's not pinging as an immediate favorite for me.

I never played the new God of War which is surprising because I loved the original trilogy. Sad that the puzzles are giving you a hard time and ruining your enjoyment of the game. Hopefully it will get better.

I am playing Elex, and am about to post a review on it. Basically I am hooked and loving it despite the game being extremely flawed.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#255 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

I am a bit all over the place with games right now. I finished Elex and absolutely loved it, despite its flaws. That made me want to try other games by the developer. I bought the Risen trilogy, the first two games being on the Xbox 360 and the third on the PS4. The first game is kind of your standard fantasy game story set on an island but the second one becomes a pirate RPG and the third one is a mix between being pirate-y and end of the world fantasy. I liked all three but I'd say the third one was the best. I'll probably write more about them later.

I saw that Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Just Cause 4 were on sale so I bought those two games. (My only guilty purchases with my income tax money). I'm liking Shadow of the Tomb Raider but I'm having the same problem with it that I did with the second game which is that it feels like more of the same just not as good. It never really feels like Lara is the badass tomb raider that she should be, especially since she lost all of her gear at the start of the game and has to upgrade it all over again and learn techniques that she learned in the previous two games.

I haven't started on Just Cause 4 yet but will soon.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#256 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:21 AM

I started playing "The Outer Worlds" over the weekend.  It's proving to be a similar experience to Greedfall - a fairly enjoyable game with decent companions and some interesting choices put in front of the player, but lacking some some of the je-ne-sais-quoi that makes for a AAA experience.   Combat, in particular is (like Greedfall) mostly a matter of a series of somewhat evenly spaced pockets of 3-5 enemies at a time, with occasional instances where the pockets are close enough together that fighting one group may pull in a second group... but there's generally nothing special about any given fight.  There's some minor stealth element, in that you can use tall grass to sneak up on someone, but there's no truly silent weapon option, so the only real benefit to the stealth approach is the occasional time when you one-shot kill someone and his buddies are far enough away to not have seen where your shot came from.  Otherwise, no matter where you fire from, the whole group is on top of you in a second anyway.  I compare this to my times in Fallout, sneaking around an outlaw base and picking off bad guys one by one, and there's no contest as to what's more fun.

#257 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:34 AM

^You'll have to keep me updated on The Outer Worlds because it did seem like a game I would enjoy. It does sound fun based on what you've mentioned so far.

I bought Sonic Forces when I saw it was on sale on the PS4. I haven't played a Sonic game in years and was feeling nostalgic. It is a fun game and you get to create your own animal freedom fighter character which is a lot of fun. I created a red cat and have unlocked some pretty cool gear to gussy him up with. The game is a mixture of old school style Sonic games and the more recent 3D type adventures. My main complaint is that the levels are pretty short though there is re-playability to get an S rank which unlocks more clothing options for your character.

I've also started playing Watch Dogs again. That game, along with The Order: 1886, was the first game I bought for the PS4. It is a lot of fun with a gripping narrative and enough varied side missions to keep things interesting.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users