Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

What's on rotation via your computer screen currently?

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#41 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

I prefer to play RPGs and/or open world games. I really like Oblivion for that, and it's just plain fun. It's not too repetitive in re-using dungeons (like DA2 did with its caves and dungeons)

Currently, I have Wulfgar up to lvl 20, so he's going to get started on the main storyline and go to Kvatch today.

#42 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Ahh the Mass Effect series. I played ME1 a bunch of times. ME2 quite a few times. Then I played ME3 and beat it once. (Both before and after the extended cut but I count that as once given I just reloaded from before the last mission. Same Shepard, marginally different ending.)

And despite having three or four other potential Shepards which I intended to complete.... I haven't touched the series since. I'd never do so again voluntarily.

Nice reminding me about Tomb Raider though. I really must make more time to finish it.
Rejected and gone.

#43 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Finished my second play through of Tomb Raider and I'm thinking about playing some Saints Row in anticipation for the fourth game.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#44 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

Playing Shadowrun returns. Great little game, feels like a Shadowrun game. The only problem is the plot is more or less a point by point retread of one of the 80's novels.

Miko, while I understand your frustration with Mass Effect, the extended cut and the Leviathan DLC have changed my opinion on the ending rather substantially. It's gone from a confusing mess, to an explained plot. I've gone from being so disgusted with the game that like you I hadn't touched it since last year, to replaying ME from the beginning of game 1.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#45 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Started up inFamous. After all the talk about it in the morality thread I had to pop it back in. I want to play both games back to back.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#46 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm glad you were able to reconcile with it Gode.

Right now with Pokemon X and Y looming on the horizon I've started playing Pokemon Black 2 again to ease the Pokemon cravings while I wait.
Rejected and gone.

#47 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

After watching The Matrix trilogy for the first time in a long time, it made me want to play the games. So I started playing Enter The Matrix again, which fills in what Niobe and Ghost were up to during the second film. I might also play The Matrix: Path of Neo.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#48 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

I just started a new file on Oblivion. My big Nord finished the main quest and a female Breton tapped me on the shoulder yesterday.

She's (sorta) named for a friend.

#49 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Just finished a second play-through of Dishonored in "ghost" mode, and this time I moved on to play two of the DLC's, which were pretty great.  I really hope they do a sequel... I'd love to have a full game with some of the mechanics and toys that were added in the DLC.   I'm not sure what I'm going to play next.  My pending pile includes Heavy Rain, Xenoblade, Valkyria Chronicles, and... a Lego game I bought forever ago.  The Lord of the Rings one, I think?

Oh, I'm playing Shadowrun off-and-on, too.  The autosave mechanism tends to make me only play in small chunks.  Every time I get to a scene-change, I decide to stop there because I don't know how long the next sequence is and I don't want to be in the position of getting halfway through and losing my progress.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#50 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

You can't savegame yourself? I mean like in the middle of a sequence?

#51 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Nope.  It auto-saves when you switch locations, or before a fight, but if you've done a bunch of dialogue in a location and then close before going to the next area, when you come back, you'll have to go do all those conversations again.  It's probably not a big deal for someone who's more committed than me, but when I'm playing in the morning, in particular, it's inconvenient to have to choose between stopping early and being late for work.  :)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#52 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Played and enjoyed "Heavy Rain".  It's pretty light on the "game" aspect, but as a point-and-click adventure that happens to require more controller manipulation than JUST point-and-clicking, it succeeds pretty well.  Strong story, enjoyable cast of characters, a few neat toys, like the VR glasses one character has that allows him to hunt for clues in an area without resorting to pixel-hunting.  I kinda sucked at the Quick-time events, so my characters were huge klutzes who were always failing spectacularly at whatever they were trying to do, but I have to admire a game that lets me accidentally kill off one main character, get another arrested and out of the action for a third of the game, and still the plot rolls right along.  :)

Beyond: Two Souls hasn't been on my radar at all except as "the game that Ellen Page is in that raised some concerns about Last of Us using her image", but I'll definitely be picking it up now.

It's funny, these sorts of "games" that are really more movies with interactive elements make me think back to the days when CD's first became available and there were a million games trying to capitalize on full motion video and ending up with crappy "movies with interactive elements".  It's kinda cool to see how the industry has finally managed to do it in a way that is actually enjoyable.

#53 Raijin

Raijin
  • Islander
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

The Wolf Among Us. It's what Once Upon A Time the TV show should have been.

#54 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

I'm finally getting around to playing BioShock Infinite. I'm not sure how it ended up on the back burner for me because I love the series and Infinite is the best game so far.

And Guild Wars 2 of course. I'm really looking forward to the new Halloween content this year!

I'm also looking forward to Batman: Arkham Origins at the end of the month.

Edited by NeuralClone, 15 October 2013 - 06:43 AM.

"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#55 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Pokemon Y at the moment.
Rejected and gone.

#56 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I finally finished my second playthrough of Mass Effect 2 as my Renegade FemShep. I'll probably start the third game soon but I might wait until Christmas break so I can devote more time to it. At the moment I'm re-playing Resident Evil 6. I just finished the Chris campaign playing as Piers. I forgot how fun (and sometimes frustrating) the game was. I'll probably do Leon's campaign next.

I'm finally getting around to playing BioShock Infinite. I'm not sure how it ended up on the back burner for me because I love the series and Infinite is the best game so far.

Did you finish Bioshock Infinite?
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#57 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Done with Resident Evil 6. I'm still in a RE mood so I pulled out the Gamecube and loaded up Resident Evil 4. Despite its age, the game holds up really well. The graphics still look good, if not as detailed as graphics from newer games, and the gameplay is of course similar to the gameplay in RE5 and 6 since it birthed the new play style. I like that while it is more action packed, they still manage to create some good scare moments and create an atmosphere of dread.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#58 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

So I was pretty far into Resident Evil 4 when my friend got done playing Far Cry 3 and loaned it to me. I've been playing that ever since. It's an amazing game and when I finish I'll probably start a review thread for it. At the same time I recieved Batman: Arkham Origins and Beyond: Two Souls for Christmas so I have no idea what to play next.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#59 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

I got Tomb Raider 2013 and the Uncharted 1 & 2 combo-pack for Christmas, and I had a four day weekend after the holiday, so I've been quite the busy little archeologist this week.  I've played 'em so much that my dreams last night were filled with platforming shoot-em-up action.  I marathon'd Tomb Raider pretty hard - great game - and am now working through Uncharted 1.  It's interesting to see how the form has evolved since this first one.  Compared to Uncharted 3 and Last of Us (and, indeed, Tomb Raider) the pacing in this one has much less variety so far... the fight sequences are getting a little monotonous.

Edited by Niko, 30 December 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#60 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

I marathon'd Tomb Raider pretty hard - great game - and am now working through Uncharted 1.  It's interesting to see how the form has evolved since this first one.  Compared to Uncharted 3 and Last of Us (and, indeed, Tomb Raider) the pacing in this one has much less variety so far... the fight sequences are getting a little monotonous.

Tomb Raider is excellent. It's no surprise that you had to keep playing. Uncharted is a great game, but the two sequels did improve on a lot of things. I do agree about the fighting. That was a gripe I had about the game as well. The fights were repetitive and it seemed like every five minutes another gang of pirates would attack me and all I wanted to do was explore the pretty ruins.

So a few friends and I have decided that we are all going to play Dragon Age: Origins at the same time and comapre experiences. So I will finally be playing that game. I know a lot of people here love it so hopefully I will too.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users