• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

There are nine stories I could post this morning in here but I just felt that most would not really resonate here, it is more lately a
crapshoot in choosing what will resonate or be interesting in here- then this popped up!

here's one with Societal, with the human heart, with aspirations, with charm, with promise and with some ugliness in the mix-

this moment shows not only how Ugly can infiltrate but also how not apropos ugly can get, for timing and for place-

this kid is eleven, and he emergency-filled-in to give of himself in this event, and made for himself a moment in a national
spotlight, the NBA Finals on Spurs home court- he got some Ugly in his face, but pushed through it to make a life memory
for himself and his family, and spoke maturely and well for himself in this news TV piece; what a kid, how proud his fam and
how inspirational for us all

it all started when this Adorable, let me capital that letter, boy in his Mariachi suit strode out there on the boards in a spotlight
with a PA system and national sport network tv... and continued his American Dream... 'and the home of the brave!'...

http://news.yahoo.co...-185037234.html

' By all accounts, Sebastien, a former "America's Got Talent" performer, brought the house down with his rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner." Some viewers, however, fired off racist comments on social networks like Twitter following the performance.
The young singer spoke with KENS-5 about the backlash.
"With the racist remarks, it was just people how they were raised. My father and my mama told me you should never judge people by how they look," Sebastien said.
'
Go Boy!
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Good job, Sebastien!  Before, during and after.   :flex:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ugly, charm, inspirational, racism, sport, singer

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users