Knight of the Andromeda

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,252 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

This is my Andromeda Forever Knight crossover.  It's the first one I ever did but it couldn't be posted due to fanzine rules.  But that was many years ago and I can post it now.  I own neither show but if I did I'd see what I could do about getting them back into production.  Lisa could be the Canadian Heather Locklear. :lol:  I can explain that reference if anyone is interested.  Now on with the story.  Oh, and the dialogue between Nick and Captain Reese is lifted straight from the final  FK episode, Last Knight.  Don't want peopple to think I wrote it when I didn't.  I wrote the rest, though and obviously this story is going to deviate from that episode.

Chapter 1

‘She still has fighting chance’, Nick had said.  Captain Reese had agreed with him.  “She does.  Of course she does. Yeah.”  But it didn’t look good for Tracy Vetter, lying in a hospital bed, hooked up to machines after being shot.  While those around her kept vigil, she was nowhere near them.  In fact, she was very far away.
“Intruder alert”, Andromeda broadcast throughout the ship.  “Sensors show an unknown presence on Deck 5.”

The crew rushed toward Deck 5, armed to the teeth.  Dylan Hunt wasn’t going to be encouraging any hasty shooting but he still wanted to be prepared.  He, Tyr, Beka, Rommie and Harper burst onto the deck, only to be stopped in their tracks.  In front of them, crouched down in apparent fear and confusion was a woman in a hospital gown. A woman who looked exactly like Beka.

************************************************************************Tracy didn’t understand where she was or how she’d gotten there.  The last thing she remembered was being shot and finding out that Nick was a vampire.  Then she’d lost consciousness.  So shouldn’t she be in the hospital.  If she was still alive that made sense.  And if she was dead—well—this was unlike any afterlife she’d ever heard about in any church or synagogue.  Then she heard people burst into where she was and looked up.
Three men and two women.  One man had peculiar things on his forearms.  And one of the women looked exactly like her.  And they were all armed and whatever weird weapons they wielded were pointed straight at her.  “Oh, dear God, where am I”, she whispered before it all went black again.

Edited by Mary Rose, 30 June 2013 - 05:48 PM.
To give credit where credit is due.

Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#2 MikeJaffa

MikeJaffa
  • Islander
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Good start!

#3 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

{A not so subtle nudge to MR}

Good beginning, MR. I loved both Forever Knight and Andromeda.

Any possibility of more????
Posted Image Come see the   Beka Writer's Community .  Readers and Writers welcome!!!  Posted Image

#4 MikeJaffa

MikeJaffa
  • Islander
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostDuke Jr, on 14 November 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

{A not so subtle nudge to MR}

Good beginning, MR. I loved both Forever Knight and Andromeda.

Any possibility of more????

....hint.... :)

#5 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,252 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm so sorry.  I kind of forgot about this.  Then my computer died and I had to get another one and for awhile I was afraid all my data was lost.  But fear not.  It was all saved thanks to my wonderful hubby Fred.  *waves to Duke Jr*  That's his screen name here.  Oops!  I just blew his cover.  Hope he doesn't mind.  Anyway, I now have a new Word and I'm still not sure how to use it.  But I think I figured out copy and paste.  So here is the next chapter.  It's longer so maybe that makes up for the delay.

Chapter 2

Dylan waited outside of Medical for answers.  He had to admit to himself that he was very unnerved.  Not only did this strange woman show up on his ship out of nowhere but she was also a double for Beka.  It was freaky to say the least.  He looked at Tyr and Harper.  Neither of them said a word, although Harper looked freaked too.  Tyr, of course, just looked the same.

Then the door opened and Trance came out.  In answer to their looks she started talking.  “O.K.  It looks like she had surgery very recently.  I found surgical dressing on her abdomen.  Also some kind of head wound.  I don’t know what happened to her or how she got here but I’ve given her nanobots to try and help her heal”  Trance looked bewildered.  “I don’t know why she’s a double for Beka or who she is.”

“Well there has to be a way to find out”, Beka’s voice demanded.  Everyone turned to see her coming toward them with Rommie on her heels.  “She could be some kind of spy sent to trap us by our enemies.  What better way then to engineer a spy who looks like a trusted member of your crew, Dylan?  I say we turn her in.”

They all looked stunned by this outburst.  Dylan shook his head.  “I won’t do anything untill I know for sure.  The poor woman hasn’t even awakened yet.  She might be harmless.”  He was recalling her look of horror and confusion.  No doubt she was as stunned as the rest of them.  More so, in fact.  Terrified would be a more accurate word.  “I think I will go and sit with her.  The rest of you can go back to your duties.  That’s an order.”  He strode into Medical with Trance following.

“Dylan, are you sure about this?”

“No, but Trance, you didn’t see the look on her face when she first saw us.  She was genuinely frightened and confused.  I just don’t know.”

Trance went over to check on her patient.  “It’s uncanny how much she looks like Beka.  I wonder if she’s like her, personality-wise.”
************************************************************************Nicholas Knight hovered over Tracy Vetter’s bedside untill Natalie Lambert came by.  “Nick, it’s nearly dawn.  You have to leave.”

Nick turned to her.  He looked even paler then usual, if that were possible.  “Nat, I--.”

“No.  Look, you can’t help her at all if you let yourself get turned into a pile of ash. And there’s the shooting review board.  I’ll get you there in the trunk of the Caddy and the sun won’t touch you.  Survive the day and you can continue to be there for Tracy.  Now come on.”  He let her lead him away just as Tracy’s parents were coming.

True to her word, Natalie successfully helped the vampire cop avoid the sun and survive the day.  The shooting review board was easily persuaded (with a little help from Nick’s whammy) that Delbert Dawkins was solely responsible for the near fatal (so far) shooting of Tracy Vetter.

Nick was glad that was over.  He wanted to concentrate all his energies on helping Tracy.  Nat had stopped him from bringing her across but he still wanted to do everything he could (short of that) to help her live.  It was his fault she’d gotten shot in the first place.  If he’d told her he was a vampire who couldn’t be killed (except in certain specific ways, gunshots not being one of them) then she wouldn’t have even tried to cover him because she would have known that he hadn’t needed it.

But he hadn’t told her and she’d been shot because of it.  Because he hadn’t trusted her.  Her last words to him.  ‘You could have trusted me.’  How they burned.  Because it was true.  He could have.  He knew that.  Why hadn’t he?  To keep her safe?  She already knew about vampires because of Vachon.  So that knowledge already marked her as far as the Enforcers went.  So really knowing that there were more as well wouldn’t have made any difference to her danger wise.  Except it had.  Lack of knowledge of what he was had proven dangerous.  He should have leveled with her from the start.  This never would have happened if he had.

He was back by her bedside asking to be alone with her for a bit.  He leaned over and whispered to her still form.  “Live, Tracy.  Live and get well and I promise you I’ll never deceive you again.”
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Posted Image

#6 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

I get the impression that Beka doesn't like having a double of herself around. :smile2:

I don't know where you are going with this, but I am so happy with what you have posted so far. The last Forever Knight episode was so awful.
Posted Image Come see the   Beka Writer's Community .  Readers and Writers welcome!!!  Posted Image

#7 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,252 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

In that case, In hope you stick around to see where I go with this.  I think you'll like it.
Posted Image

#8 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,252 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

And at long last more.  Hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 3

“Nick.”  She thought she’d heard.  Her eyes opened.  She didn’t see Nick, Natalie or anyone she recognized.  She didn’t know where she was.  “Where am I?”, she moaned.

“It’s O.K.  You’re safe.  You’re in the Med-Deck of the starship Andromeda Ascendant and I’m Captain Dylan Hunt.  We mean you no harm but who are you?”

Tracy stared at the sandy haired man who leaned over her.  Starship captain?  What the hell was going on?  Where was everyone she knew?  Why wasn’t she in Toronto Metro Hospital?  “You look confused and scared”, Dylan went on.  My crew and myself are just as confused.  Can you please at least tell me if you know who you are?”

Tracy gathered herself together as best she could.  “Yes.  I’m Detective Tracy Vetter.  I’m with the Toronto P.D.  I’m a homicide cop.”

Dylan’s mind was whirling.  Toronto.  As in Ontario, Canada.  As in the planet Earth.  Except, obviously a past Earth.  Time travel again.  He was heartily sick of time travel.

Tracy tried to get up.  “I’ve got to get out of here.”

Dylan pushed her back down.  “Please, just rest.  Nothing’s going to happen to you, I promise.  You’re safe.”  Dylan was more convinced then ever that she was just an innocent victim of whatever anomaly she’d been caught up in.  Much like when he’d been caught in the black hole.

Tracy let herself be pushed back.  Her head and stomach were hurting anyway.  “Where am I?  I’m not really in space, am I?”

“Yes, you are”, he told her.

She groaned.  “How did I get here?”

“I don’t know.  Why don’t you try and get some sleep?  No one will hurt you, I promise.”

Tracy wondered if she could trust him.  She’d trusted Nick and look what had happened.  Trust was something precious…and to be betrayed like that.  But she didn’t have a lot of choice.  She didn’t feel well and besides that, where could she go?  She curled up in a fetal position.  Oh, if only she’d been able to book off before everything had gone down.  She’d be safe in her apartment right now.  But she wasn’t.  She was God knew where.
Dylan felt sorry for the strange woman who was a double for Beka.  He knew she wished she were at home.  Time travel.  Well, time to explain it to the rest of the crew. He went out and asked Andromeda to summon them.  Which she did.  Then he made the announcement.  Harper was incredulous.  “She’s from Earth?  No freakin way.”

Dylan was firm.  “That’s what she said and I don’t think she’s lying.  It’s obviously a past Earth.  At any rate, she’s harmless to us but she’s very scared.  So noone will do anything to upset her any further.  Is that clear?”

Beka wasn’t having it.  “In case you haven’t noticed, she looks exactly like me.  How do you know that she’s not part of some plot to kidnap me, replace me with her and then bring down the Andromeda?”

“I just do.  Beka, I understand you’re upset but aren’t you being a little paranoid?”

That was it.  Beka stormed off.  Tyr looked at Dylan.  “I sincerely hope you are right about this woman.”

“I believe I am.”

“We shall see.”  Then Tyr left.

“Come on, Harper.  We should go.”  Dylan led him away, followed by Rommie.

Trance went back to Medical.  When she opened the door, she found Tracy, crouched down, eavesdropping.  “You should be resting’, Trance told her.

“I’m not an enemy or whatever that double of mine thinks I am.  I don’t even want to be here.  I shouldn’t be.  I should be back in Toronto.”  The pain was getting worse.  Tracy clutched her head and pulled up her knees to her face so she could bury it.

Trance crouched down next to her.  Dylan was right.  This woman was obviously sick and in need of help.  “Why don’t you let me take you back to bed?  I’m Trance Gemini.  What’s your name?”

The voice was soothing.  For the first time, Tracy looked up.  “Tracy Vetter.  And you’re purple?”

Trance smiled.  “I’ve got a tail too.  Come on, Tracy.  Let me help you back to bed.”

Tracy was a resistor.  She couldn’t be whammied(hypnotized) by vampires.  Trance wasn’t trying to do that.  She was just being herself.  And Tracy responded.  She held out a hand.  Trance took it and helped her to her feet.  Then she got Tracy settled in.  “You look like you’re hurting.  Where?”

“My head and stomach.”

“I can give you something.”

“No, it’s O.K.  I have to find a way home.”

“Sure but you need to rest up.  Tracy, I promise nothing will happen to you.”

Promises, promises.  They were empty because something bad had already happened to her.  There was really noone she could trust.  However, the pain was bad.  She didn’t want to but she did.  “O.K.”

Trance got a hypo spray and injected her.  “Now, you can rest.  Tracy, it’ll be O.K.  You can trust us.”

“Trust?  I thought I could trust Nick but nooo I….”  She was asleep.  Trance frowned.  Nick?  Who was Nick?
Posted Image

#9 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

Time travel again.  He was heartily sick of time travel.
I think Tracy feels the same way.

Great so far.MR! I always loved Nick and Nat since I first saw 'Forever knight'. I'm glad you showed both of them.

Good job !

#10 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,252 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

And now for more.  Back from vacation and feeling refreshed so I'm posting.  Hope you enjoy the update.

Chapter 4

“She’s not waking up, Nat.”  They were in his loft.  “The longer she’s unconscious the less likely it will be for her to wake up.  I don’t want her to die but I don’t want her to spend the rest of her life like this either.  It’s my fault.”

“Oh Nick, you have to stop this.  You have to just be there for her.  It’s all you can do.”

“No, it’s not.  I could bring her across….”

“But I stopped you, right?  Gee, Nick, I wonder why?  Maybe because it’s not about you making the choices, it’s about others making them.  Tracy, whether she wants to be brought across or not, it’s up to her.  And as for me, it’s also my choice.  But you don’t see that, do you?  Excuse me while I go and do what some of us mortals do during a crisis.”

“What’s that?”  Nick stared at her.

“Pray”, she said, simply.  Then Natalie left the loft.
Beka was livid.  Dylan calling her paranoid.  Well, what if he had been the one who had a double just show up?  How would he like it?  She bet he wouldn’t.  She wished Rev were here but he was away on a Wayist mission.  Of course, what she really wanted to know was how this all came about.  Time travel again.  She got that.  It had happened before.  But that didn’t explain why the woman was her double.  She had to find out, Dylan be dammed.  Beka strode down towards Medical.

Trance watched her patient.  She seemed to be sleeping peacefully, which was good.  For now.  They still had the problem of what to do with her.  Getting her home was probably the best thing.  But how?  Trance needed to know some things.  She’d like to talk to Tracy.  Not now.  Tracy needed to heal.  Plus, there had to be a reason why she was here.  That had to be worked out as well.

Beka barged into Medical.  Trance looked up from Tracy.  “Oh, Beka--.”  She stopped, taken aback.  Beka looked so hostile.  What was going on?

“Do you know yet, Trance?”

“Know what?”

“Why she’s here.  Who’s she working for?  The Drago-Katsov, I bet.  Noone hates us as much as they do.  They hate everything we stand for, everything we built.  What better way to destroy it then getting a double for one of us on board?’

“Stop it!”  Trance grabbed Beka’s arm and led her away from Tracy.  “You are so wrong.  You don’t know how wrong you are.”

“Shut up, Trance.  Dylan already called me paranoid.  I’m not.  We have no way of knowing what kind of a threat she really is.  So don’t give me that.”

Trance could say that she did, in fact, know for sure. But reminding Beka that there were things Trance didn’t say, couldn’t say, wouldn’t help at this moment.  “Can’t you just trust us?  I’ve never let you down before.  Neither has Dylan.  You know we both care about you and what we all have here, what we built.  We don’t want to risk it.”

“But you are.  You don’t know….”

Trance patted her arm.  “Yeah, we do.  Look, it’s complicated.”

“You don’t have to tell me.  Time travel again.  I’m heartily sick of that.”

“Well, we’ll figure things out.  We just gotta talk to Tracy first.”

“Tracy?”

“Yeah.  That’s who she is, Tracy Vetter.  And I’d like to know what happened to her just before she got here.  She was either hurt or sick because of the surgery.”

“Surgery?”

“Yes.  She had surgical dressing on her abdomen.  And you saw her bandaged head.”

“So that’s your basis for saying she’s harmless.  Come on, Trance.”

“Beka, it’s more then that.  I have a feeling about her, that’s all.  You can call it a hunch.”

“I don’t like it.”

“I know.  Why?”

“Well, duh.  Trance, she looks just like me.  That’s freaky and unreal.  Don’t you get that that bugs me?”

“I know.  I’m sorry this is freaking you out.  All I’m asking is that you give Tracy a fair shot.”

“I don’t know.”

“I can’t force you.  All I’m asking is that you trust me like you always have.”

“Fine.  I’ll wait and see.  But I’m not letting my guard down.”

“I wouldn’t expect you to.”

Beka approached Tracy’s bed.  “So, what’s her condition?”

“Well, she’s had some kind of trauma.  Judging from her time period and the wound and her profession, I’d say it was a gunshot wound.  She’s not in good health.  The nanobots should hopefully help, I think but she’s still….”

“What?”

“Well her head and stomach started hurting her.  I came back in here and asked her how she was and she told me.’

“Just like that, she told a total stranger, an alien no less, that she was vulnerable.”

“Well, I did have to work on her.”  Trance saw no reason to mention to Beka that Tracy had been eavesdropping.  That would not be conducive to instilling trust.

“Well, fine then.  I’m sick of this.  I’m out of here.”  She stormed off.

Trance looked down at Tracy.  “I’ll figure out why you’re here.  And I’ll do what I can to help you, I promise.  I gather trust is hard for you now but you can trust me.  Us.  I do want to help and I will do my best.  So please, try not to worry.  You just need to get better all right.  So get better.”
Posted Image

#11 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:33 PM

Yay!!!! An update!!!!

It's very subtle,but somehow I get the faint impression that Beka isn't happy to Tracy on the ship. Nah, I must be imagining things. :D

Great job, MR!!!

#12 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,252 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

I completely forgot that I was posting this here.  Anyway, since this is in fact a story that has been published in a fanzine, I do owe it to my hubby and anyone else who may be reading to update.  So, for a new year, a new update.  Hope you enjoy.

Chapter 5

The ordeal of waiting for Tracy to wake up was taking its toll on everyone around her.  Her parents were wrecks.  Her two brothers came down briefly but they had their own families to care for.

And it was tearing Nick and Natalie to shreds.  “She’s not dead”, Natalie pointed out.

“But she’s not living either.  Just look at her.  She’s dependent on machines to live.  That’s not life, that’s a living death.  And she could have been spared this.  She still could.”  Nick paced the loft.

“Yes, you could still bring her across.  And then what?  Would that ease your guilt?  Or would you just be substituting one guilt for another?”

“Guilt has nothing to do with this.”

“Doesn’t it?  It’s all you’re about, Nick.  And I’m tired of it.  I know you’re a good man.  I know you try your best.  Most of the time.  But you don’t.  And I can’t deal with it anymore.  I’ve gotta go.”

“Go where.”

“I’m taking a little vacation.  Grace is going to watch Sidney for me.  I need….”

“What?  What do you need?”

“I need to figure things out.  I need a break from the stress this is causing.  I’m gone.”

“You’ll be back?”

“Yes.  And now there’s nothing to prevent you from bringing Tracy across because I won’t be able to stop you.”

“Nat, I--.”

“What?  You won’t.”  He nodded.  “Thing is, I believe you.  You’re a man of honor.  Except you don’t get that, do you?”  And she left, leaving a very desolate Nick Knight behind.
************************************************************************Tracy was up.  “Feeling better?”, Trance asked her.

“I don’t hurt as much, if that’s what you mean.”

“Good.  Glad to hear it.  How do you like the food?”

Tracy glanced down at her tray.  “It tastes just like the food back home.”

Trance laughed.  “Andromeda has good food replicators.”

Holo-Rommie popped up.  “Thank you, Trance.”  Tracy jumped a little.  “I’m sorry if I scared you.”

Tracy forced a calmness she didn’t feel.  “It’s O.K.  I’m just not used to things.  I’ll be fine.”  She didn’t sound that sure.

“Trance is she ready?”

“Ready for what?  What are you going to do to me?”  Tracy felt the stirrings of panic.

Andromeda apologized.  “I’m sorry.  Dylan just wants to ask you some questions so that maybe we can figure out how you got here.  I was asking Trance if you were up to it.”

“Oh.  Well, you could ask me, you know.”  Trance and Holo-Rommie had to smile.  She was displaying a Beka attitude here.

Then Trance took charge.  “She was asking for a medical opinion.  Have you had medical training?”  Tracy blushed.  “Didn’t think so.  Medically, I think you’re ready.  Do you feel ready?”

Tracy took a deep breath.  “I guess so.  I kind of would like to know how I got here myself.”

“When would you like this meeting to happen?”, Holo-Rommie asked.

“Right away.  I want it over with.”

“I’ll tell Dylan.  She popped out.

In a little while Dylan was alone with her.  “You don’t have to be afraid.  I’m not going to hurt you”, he told her.

“I’m not afraid.  They don’t hire wimps for the police force, you know.”

Dylan smiled.  Just like Beka.  “So we were both public servants.  You on the police force and me in the High Guard.”  Tracy looked puzzled.  So Dylan explained to her the story of the universe she was in and his history.

At the end she was shaking her head.  “I can’t believe it.  Still, why not?  My life at home had already taken some strange turns.  Why should this be any different?”

“Tell me about it”, Dylan asked.  So Tracy explained that she was a police detective.  In Toronto Ontario Canada.  In the late twentieth century.  Wondering if she should mention vampires, she finally decided why not?  If she really had time traveled or landed in an alternate universe it really wouldn’t matter, would it?  And if Dylan didn’t believe her, so what.  His life was pretty unbelievable too.

“And the last thing I remember  is being shot in the locker room of the police station by that crazy man.  And that’s when I found out my partner was a vampire.  That’s the last thing I remember before I woke up here for the first time.  And I don’t care if you believe me or not.  Maybe I don’t believe your story either.”  Dylan burst out laughing.  “What’s so funny?”

“I like your attitude.  It’s so like Beka’s.  Your double”, he said, at her questioning look.  ‘Anyway, as to believing you, why not?  It’s certainly not any more incredible then being frozen in time for 300 years and then having to restart civilization single-handedly.”

“Well, not single-handedly”, Tracy pointed out.  “You did ask for help and are getting it.”

“That’s certainly true.  All right, almost single-handedly.  At any rate, I’ll tell your story to my crew.  If anyone can figure anything out from this, it’s Trance.”

“The purple girl?”

“Yep.”

“She seems nice.  The rest of your crew….”  Dylan figured that Tracy was wary with some good reasons.  Especially of Beka.  This couldn’t be easy on her.  And Beka was wary of Tracy as well.  He wondered if he should try and help with that.  He’d have to ask Trance.

“I’m going to go and let you get some rest.  I hope you’ll be released soon.”

He left, leaving Tracy alone.  “I want to be released.  Home.  Except maybe I’m dead back there.  Maybe if I go back my whole soul will die.  But I don’t belong here.”  She lay down and clutched her pillow.  “I’m scared.  I’ve never been more scared in my life.  Or death, maybe.  I don’t think anyone can help me.”
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users