New York City solar powered charge station Hurricane Sandy effect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

After Hurricane Sandy knocked out power to thousands for a long time, people were unable to charge their cellphones and contact family.  Now, NYC is installing 25 solar powered charging stations for cellphones around the city to help.

article
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#2 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

That is a great idea, and something that other cities, even small towns should add. Speaking as one who was without power for a week after an ice storm, it would have been a big help.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New York City, solar powered charge station, Hurricane Sandy effect

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users