• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

I'm quoting this misinformation in full to put it at the top of the page.  See my next post for the rebuttal.

View PostKota, on 19 July 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Texas officials confiscated jars of urine, feces, bricks and paint as Democrats prepared to protest the abortion vote at the Texas capitol.
--
During these inspections, DPS officers have thus far discovered one jar suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces, and three bottles suspected to contain paint. All of these items – as well as significant quantities of feminine hygiene products, glitter and confetti possessed by individuals – were required to be discarded; otherwise those individuals were denied entry into the gallery.

link

Love this reaction to it:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Nonny, 20 July 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#22 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

http://samuel-warde....-protest-video/
NO Jars Of Urine Or Feces Found Or Confiscated At Texas Abortion Ban Protest

NO JARS OF FECES OR URINE WERE FOUND...
False rumors were circulating online that Texas State Troopers were confiscating jars of urine and feces at the protest. The GOP latched on to it and spread the news. This provides another reason for conservatives to buy into the idea that feminists and women who fight for reproductive rights – that are LEGAL – are dirty and evil. Will we hear an apology for being wrong and spreading false rumors from Erickson? No. Will we see any right-wing organization apologize? No. Because they want people to believe it’s true even though it isn’t.
Here’s a short list of right-wing/forced birther sites that have promoted the lie:
Breitbart
Life Site News
Jim Bakker Show (The Christian man who was married to and cheated on  Tammy Faye and was arrested for accounting fraud).
Red State
And even Huffington Postjumped on board.
For those interested in the truth – NO JARS OF URINE AND FECES WERE EVER CONFISCATED.

The only feces in this story is the lying sack of crap who made it up.

Edited by Nonny, 20 July 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#23 Kota

Kota
  • Islander
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

DPS Director: Abortion protesters carried jars of feces and urine into the Capitol

In a letter to state Rep. Donna Howard, D-Austin, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw said that some visitors to the Senate gallery did attempt to bring jars of feces and urine inside during Friday’s debate on an omnibus abortion bill.

McCraw’s letter is a response to one that Howard sent Monday, in which she asked, among other things, for documentation of the actions. In response to that specific query, McCraw says that suspicious items were not confiscated and that people could store them outside the gallery or throw them in trash bags.

DPS did not take the names of anyone caught trying to bring feces, urine or other forbidden items inside the gallery, the letter reads, because “no crime had been committed, and it would be unreasonable to document names of visitors based on what they might or might not do.”

DPS officers interviewed by The Texas Tribune on Friday said they had not seen any feces or urine themselves, with several saying the interview was the first time they had heard of people trying to bring either item inside the gallery.

McCraw added that while thousands of residents lawfully participated in the hearing, “there were some, albeit a small number, who came to our Capitol to engage in criminal activity, and our goal, was to prevent them from doing so.”

Howard said she was disappointed by McCraw’s letter. “There’s no information to explain why they suspected that” jars might contain feces or urine, she said.

“It appears to some of us that this is a statement that doesn’t have anything to back it up,” she added. “We would like to see if it can be backed up, and so far that information hasn’t been produced.”

Howard was disappointed why they suspected that jars might contain feces or urine, is she joking?
Poo poo in jar, what does she think it looks like, did she want it tested?

Wonder how many (of the small number) who brought items, stored their goods outside the gallery andpicked them upon leaving? Really, please they threw them in the trash and that was that Donna Howard!

Can't make this stuff up:

Asked about Friday’s temporary ban on feminine hygiene products for people entering the Senate, Eltife said the action was prompted by one woman attempting to bring in about 75 feminine hygiene products, which was “obviously more than you would carry in the gallery.”

Hmmm with the intent to sell or just a heavy......

MSNBS host Melissa Harris-Perry replaced her earrings with tampons, nothing but class

Posted Image

#24 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

This was posted days after the claim was proven to be a lie.  Way to keep it current!    :rolleyes:

View PostKota, on 22 July 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

DPS Director: Abortion protesters carried jars of feces and urine into the Capitol

In a letter to state Rep. Donna Howard, D-Austin, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw said that some visitors to the Senate gallery did attempt to bring jars of feces and urine inside during Friday’s debate on an omnibus abortion bill.

McCraw’s letter is a response to one that Howard sent Monday, in which she asked, among other things, for documentation of the actions. In response to that specific query, McCraw says that suspicious items were not confiscated and that people could store them outside the gallery or throw them in trash bags.

DPS did not take the names of anyone caught trying to bring feces, urine or other forbidden items inside the gallery, the letter reads, because “no crime had been committed, and it would be unreasonable to document names of visitors based on what they might or might not do.”

DPS officers interviewed by The Texas Tribune on Friday said they had not seen any feces or urine themselves, with several saying the interview was the first time they had heard of people trying to bring either item inside the gallery.

McCraw added that while thousands of residents lawfully participated in the hearing, “there were some, albeit a small number, who came to our Capitol to engage in criminal activity, and our goal, was to prevent them from doing so.”

Howard said she was disappointed by McCraw’s letter. “There’s no information to explain why they suspected that” jars might contain feces or urine, she said.

“It appears to some of us that this is a statement that doesn’t have anything to back it up,” she added. “We would like to see if it can be backed up, and so far that information hasn’t been produced.”

Howard was disappointed why they suspected that jars might contain feces or urine, is she joking?
Poo poo in jar, what does she think it looks like, did she want it tested?

Wonder how many (of the small number) who brought items, stored their goods outside the gallery andpicked them upon leaving? Really, please they threw them in the trash and that was that Donna Howard!

Can't make this stuff up:

Asked about Friday’s temporary ban on feminine hygiene products for people entering the Senate, Eltife said the action was prompted by one woman attempting to bring in about 75 feminine hygiene products, which was “obviously more than you would carry in the gallery.”

Hmmm with the intent to sell or just a heavy......

MSNBS host Melissa Harris-Perry replaced her earrings with tampons, nothing but class

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Kota

Kota
  • Islander
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

#26 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

An ugly sneer and a neener neener voice does not make a lie even a little bit less of a lie.

View PostKota, on 25 July 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Texas, abortion Vote, 2013, Tampon confiscation, abortion

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users