Texas 2013 Cavity search Traffic police

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

This takes stop and frisk to a whole other level... I know cavity searches are par for the course once under arrest, but they are usually done in a search room not on the side of a road, and certainly not done for a traffic stop no matter what a police officer might suspect.

http://thinkprogress...-for-marijuana/

A pair of videos posted online show police probing the genitals and anal regions of three women they claim to suspect of possessing marijuana. In one video, a woman is seen bent over and grimacing as an off camera police officer conducts the search. Shortly before this search, a male officer explains to the woman that he is calling a female officer over “because I ain’t about to get up close and personal with your woman areas.”

The videos depict two vehicle stops, one for speeding and another for littering. In both videos, a male officer asks the women if they have any marijuana in the vehicle, suggesting that the purpose of their search is to find evidence of this drug. At one point, immediately before conducting her search of a woman’s genitals, a female officer warns the woman that if she “hid something in there, we’re going to find it.”

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#2 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

The New York Daily News identifies one of the officers involved in these incidents as Trooper Jennie Bui, and reports that she was fired on June 29. Another officer, Trooper Kelley Helleson was also fired and charged with two counts of sexual assault. Two other officers are suspended.

Fired?  Suspended?  How about imprisoned and sued for sexual assault and violation of civil rights?  Wow, I'm just stunned
that this could even happen.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostBalderdash, on 06 August 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Fired?  Suspended?  How about imprisoned and sued for sexual assault and violation of civil rights?  Wow, I'm just stunned
that this could even happen.

Now you just know that won't happen. For the most part, police officers are above the law, and even when they get caught breaking it...very little happens...at least usually.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Okay then, no wonder I stay home. But truly, wasn't it nice that they followed protocol and had a woman do the search? So, so kind of them, makes me feel all giddy. (and in case it's not obvious, that is heavy with sarcasm and contempt)

The New York Daily News identifies one of the officers involved in these incidents as Trooper Jennie Bui, and reports that she was fired on June 29. Another officer, Trooper Kelley Helleson was also fired and charged with two counts of sexual assault. Two other officers are suspended.

They are being sued, Baldy and at least one has been charged with sexual assault.

I hope those women get a tidy sum from their suits, and I really hope that the men are named in the suits, because those women officers did not act alone.
And that bugs me, why aren't the men named, who at least in one quoted instance, called the woman officer over to do the search? And, I would hope that as a participant, which he was whether he helped to search or not, that he would also be charged with sexual assault.

From a link in the original posted article:
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1414668

In both invasive incidents, the female troopers don't change gloves between probes, according to the horrified victims.
Texas officials say the searches are unconstitutional. So do attorneys for the shaken women, who have filed federal lawsuits.
But lawyers and civil rights advocates tell the Daily News these cavity searches are really standard policy among the Texas Department of Public Safety’s state troopers, despite their illegality — not to mention that they were conducted on the side of the road in full view of passing motorists.
“It’s ridiculous,” said Dallas attorney Peter Schulte, a former Texas cop and prosecutor. “We would never put our hands anywhere near someone’s private parts,” he said of his time as a police officer in the city of McKinney. “When I saw that video I was shocked. I was a law enforcement officer for 16 years and I’ve never seen anything like it.”

I would have demanded that she changed gloves, of course, I would have demanded to see proof that she needed to search me. I don't care if I would have been beaten and hauled to jail.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Texas, 2013, Cavity search, Traffic police

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users