Bradley Manning Military Transgender LGBT 2013

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 DarthMarley

DarthMarley
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

The matter of whether the treatments are paid for, or not is a matter for courts and policy makers.

And policy makers must now look at what this revelation does with regards to the posting of LBGT servicemembers in sensitive positions.
Long before the trial, the buzz was that Manning was a frustrated homosexual with gender identity disorders who engaged in a little espianage to strike back in a fit at the big, bad military that kept calling him by a boy's name.
Now the news bears out those rumors.

So what about others?
This credibly demonstrates that active duty LBGT military should be examined in context of being potential sources of information compromise.
"It is not who is right, but what is right that is of importance."

#62 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

DM: This credibly demonstrates that active duty LBGT military should be examined in context of being potential sources of information compromise

Generalize much?
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#63 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

If we must psychoanalyze in search of motive, let's at least try to keep in mind that Manning's crimes were committed before the DADT repeal.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#64 Bobby

Bobby

FKA LiberalBob

• Islander
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Even if that were his reason it doesn't mean other LGBT people will do it.  "Potential sources of information compromise"... sounds like something J. Edgar Hoover would be pointing out while trying on new dresses.  It would be pointless to blackmail gay people now, there is no DADT, and even if someone closeted was threatened with being outed most people would be "oh, well."  Before it was repealed Manning could have told them he was gay or transgendered and gotten kicked out of the military.   This is on Bradley Manning alone.

Edited by Bobby, 26 August 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#65 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

What gives here? "healthcare for profit is disgusting" is what you said. Not ten years ago. On this thread! The words are like...right there! :dontgetit:
    And I clarified my meaning. People should be paid, doctors should be paid a good REASONABLE salary, as should anyone working for a living. "For Profit" has placed all the emphasis on how much MORE profit we can accumulate (often without regard to the actual cost of services and to the captive clients in the system). Obviously you have to show a profit to keep a functional system in place but there is a vast difference between a 20 percent profit margin and a 50 or 60 percent margin. There is nothing reasonable, uniform or honest about this system. If I can't look at a hospital stay and see a cost breakdown. If I can't pay my weekly insurance premiums without worrying that when I NEED them to cover the claim, that they won't be working to find any and every possible means to deny the claim (Oh sorry, wrong billing code or we only cover it in THIS case but not in THAT one). Have you actually read through an entire insurance benefit plan? There are soooooooo many exclusions, exceptions, pre qualifications. I shouldn't need to be a lawyer to buy a policy. Same with prescription drugs, the mark ups in this country are outrageous.
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

#66 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

View Postscherzo, on 25 August 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

I don't know what you think I said, but obviously your comprehension isn't up to par tonight.
    Well let's see...you said:
    "I recognize that as a society we use prison as punishment, but the truth is, the only reason we should put people in prison is "the public safety".  That's the function of government, to provide security and public safety.  All other reasons should not be the province of the government."

OK...sounds very much like you think government should not be in the business of punishing people. That may not be what you meant...but it is what you wrote. My post just explains why you're wrong.

If you think something you typed immediately after altered your original pov, I'll be happy to get out of the way while you continue this crackling debate with yourself.

You still make no sense.  But, you always give me a good chuckle with the things you like to single out to take issue with.  Carry on.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
    Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
    Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
    Rule#4: Be outraged.
    Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
    Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
    http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bradley Manning, Military, Transgender, LGBT, 2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users