#1 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Rapist collapses in terror when police report that his victim was HIV-positive
http://www.rawstory....s-hiv-positive/

A 27-year-old man named Richard Thomas collapsed in terror when police informed him that the woman he admitted to raping was HIV-positive. According to a BBC report, Thomas is currently waiting for his own test results to return.
Thomas had by his own admission taken alcohol, Ecstasy and cocaine on the night when he broke into the Greater Manchester, U.K. home of his victim. The woman had taken a sleeping pill and only woke up when Thomas had already penetrated her from behind...
His attorney, Virginia Hayton said, “It is his own fault, if he had not committed this offense he would not have placed himself in this position.”

Karma's a, well, you know.   :lol:   And his own lawyer put him down.   :howling:

Edited by Nonny, 05 September 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#2 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Thomas had by his own admission taken alcohol, Ecstasy and cocaine on the night when he broke into the Greater Manchester, U.K. home of his victim.
That's quite the substance cocktail there. If nothing else he seems highly qualified to open next year's VMA show. :eek:

I'd love to think this guy contracted HIV from this, but the UK taxpayers would probably get the bill for his treatment in prison.
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#3 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postscherzo, on 05 September 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

I'd love to think this guy contracted HIV from this, but the UK taxpayers would probably get the bill for his treatment in prison.

I think most would rather a HIV+ rapist be in jail and being treated then be out raping and infecting other people. :)

I am morbidly curious - do known HIV+ prisoners get raped at a lower rate than the average prisoner? I guess I am wondering whether enough prisoners just don't care/don't know better and/or force/threaten others to do it as punishment and/or if it depends on the crime of the HIV+ prisoner.

Edited by sierraleone, 05 September 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#4 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

I wouldn't mind some of my taxes going to keeping that animal in prison.
Rejected and gone.

#5 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Actually, once you get past the 'karma, it works' stage of reasoning, the future concerns me a great deal regarding this fellow. He's already demonstrated his willingness to violate people, and sooner or later he is likely to be released. Which means that if he re-offends, he'll be spreading his infection to add to the trauma of rape/

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#6 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

My views about what should happen to rapists are...extreme.  Let's just say they involve neither prison nor release (except from this mortal coil).
Posted Image

#7 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostBad Wolf, on 07 September 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

My views about what should happen to rapists are...extreme.  Let's just say they involve neither prison nor release (except from this mortal coil).

I don't approve personally of goverment approved killing. Goverment approved castration for rapists I'm less fussy about.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#8 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

There are ways to violate someone without using an organ.  Sorry to be so stark about it but there it is.  I view society as an organism.  When an organism finds it has cancer, it does not tuck it away at the expense of the rest of the body, it does everything it can to kill it.  And if it doesn't?  It dies.
Posted Image

#9 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostBad Wolf, on 08 September 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

There are ways to violate someone without using an organ.  Sorry to be so stark about it but there it is.  I view society as an organism.  When an organism finds it has cancer, it does not tuck it away at the expense of the rest of the body, it does everything it can to kill it.  And if it doesn't?  It dies.

Which I would support as and when we can be sure we're not zapping innocent cells along with the cancerous ones. Sure, you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs, but I tend to think most people would object if they were the ones who were innocent and being made into omelets.

Are you familiar with the innocence project

Defy Gravity!

#10 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

I'm familiar with the Innocence Project.  I am also familiar with the difficulty of bringing a rapist to justice, even if he boasts about his crimes, because he will testify that he knew the woman whose life he invaded actually consented, since every time she screamed NO, he knew she really meant yes, and that, sadly, is taken as "reasonable" doubt.
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#11 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostNonny, on 08 September 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

I'm familiar with the Innocence Project.  I am also familiar with the difficulty of bringing a rapist to justice, even if he boasts about his crimes, because he will testify that he knew the woman whose life he invaded actually consented, since every time she screamed NO, he knew she really meant yes, and that, sadly, is taken as "reasonable" doubt.

I should point out that the innocence project is not solely concerned with sexual crimes. I consider rape a vile crime. However that by no means should be taken as support for the death penalty.

Edited by Godeskian, 08 September 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Defy Gravity!

#12 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostGodeskian, on 08 September 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

View PostNonny, on 08 September 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

I should point out that the innocence project is not solely concerned with sexual crimes. I consider rape a vile crime. However that by no means should be taken as support for the death penalty.

Since I am familiar with the Innocence Project, I am actually aware of that.  However, the vilest crime that anyone has gotten away with committing against me is, indeed, rape, so rape is something I am also familiar with, hence my choice of example.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rape, HIV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users